GTP_WRS Week 16 : Focusyn

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 281 comments
Leaderboard is updated with correct pics.

Ford Focus GrB.jpg
Colorado Springs - Lake.jpg

I have the penalty settings on strict with an invalid time,that way I know fore sure my lap is clean but..

With 2 of my fastest replays the endtime is only visible for a quick and trained eye,even when I ended the lap after T1.
Only thing I can think of is that in both cases the T1 was red and caucus the replay time bug.

I have the penalty settings on strict with an invalid time,that way I know fore sure my lap is clean but..

With 2 of my fastest replays the endtime is only visible for a quick and trained eye,even when I ended the lap after T1.
Only thing I can think of is that in both cases the T1 was red and caucus the replay time bug.

Yeah I started doing this way, but it was invalidating almost all laps, not sure how system works but I would cross the line and time was red before I even had a chance to hit anything. Lost some clean laps because of this. Shut it off and just closely looked at my lap when I finished. I knew when I hit something and would slow down and let ghost beat me and try again next lap. I was wondering if it was some kind of bug that for some reason would carry the penalty into the next lap instead of resetting.

I so very much dislike dirt.

I love dirt, I actually have a chance at beating you. :lol:

Yeah I started doing this way, but it was invalidating almost all laps, not sure how system works but I would cross the line and time was red before I even had a chance to hit anything. Lost some clean laps because of this. Shut it off and just closely looked at my lap when I finished. I knew when I hit something and would slow down and let ghost beat me and try again next lap. I was wondering if it was some kind of bug that for some reason would carry the penalty into the next lap instead of resetting.

I think it carries over if you touch the wall in the final sector. I think it has something to do with stopping people from gaining an advantage by wall riding out of the last corner of some tracks.

Well, found an improvement with help from @Iceman with plenty to gain,

.. but I'm not really enjoying this combo. Very frustrating physics and headaches from the noise of the wheel, even on lowest settings.

I was neutral about rally in GT, but now I hate it. I'll keep working on the combo, hoping I'd grow to like it or atleast tolerate it.

Went to 50/50 on the diff and it feels better for me. Might try 45/55 too and shift the brakes forward. Also tried shifting way, way early and I feel like there's more control to be had in certain places that way. May just be in my head. :D

@DigitalBaka Shifting early seems to help stabilise on exit once you've used the loss of traction to change direction.
That's what I'm finding. Starting to use that differently now in the slidey bits. :cheers:

45/55
BB -1

I have seen 1.5-1.7 that I can take off sector 2 alone now. This one took a chunk off at the line after I finally figured out how to get close to the right wall in the final turn. :D

Loving this one even more than the Huracan!

Gave it another go, nope, not feel any better, slow turns, throttle steering, anything but good enough sensation to feel better about this combo. :ouch: If nothing, at least the margin on top is much smaller, yet still far away.

I know I am in the minority but I love this one.:cheers: Just did another 54 laps. Knocked .5 off my lap and saw my optimal shoot to .6 in front of me now. New goal:tup:. Saw multiple sub 28's in s1, but hit my first sub 42 in s2 on this new best lap.

Edit: holy 🤬.I am the top 10 and its Wednesday night. :eek:

Last edited:
Back