GTP_WRS Week 25 : Asian Gripper

• Thread starter Argon
  • 195 comments
Tested on the DS4. I would suggest sticking with the stock suspension and fiddling with LSD settings if you are gonna try no TC, but it's not the best week to learn how to do that probably. But the biggest issue here for us is steering lock on the slow turns.

@Jeje6410 - My initial tune also started with your setup, then I set it to my liking. I missed the tcs 1, and "abs 1", I'm not sure where to find this ABS setting. All I have for ABS is Weak, Default or Off.

@Jeje6410 - My initial tune also started with your setup, then I set it to my liking. I missed the tcs 1, and "abs 1", I'm not sure where to find this ABS setting. All I have for ABS is Weak, Default or Off.

Thanks a lot @eggmann . It's a real pleasure for me if my tune help you for your tune. :cheers:

2nd session,
Losing a bit in second sector, but very close to my goal.

full

full

Any tips for the first chicane? I know I’m losing at least a second here but I just can’t improve it :banghead:

Any tips for the first chicane? I know I’m losing at least a second here but I just can’t improve it :banghead:

Yeah I can't nail this yet either...

I had this corner much better in the GRMN 86 - getting throttle on down the hill then easing off to get around the last bend...but this car seems to want more speed early on. I will be interested to hear peoples take on this corner.

I am toying with braking spot between 100 and 50 markers.

Any point in shifting before rev bar flashing?

I brake early, then coast to let the car turn before feathering the throttle out. Most of my T1 times are around 21.8, but I didn't do it right on my latest lap. Clearly several others are a few tenths faster, so I'd follow their advice instead, if provided. ;)

@Nerazzurri, here's a few tips that hopefully will help. So I included a track image of Interlagos below to follow along as we go from corner to corner. Hopefully this may help a few others shave off a bit more time too. :cheers:

Just to start it off as I approach the last corner to begin my lap I set my car up so I can get maximum speed going onto the straight, I keep the car middle high lane approaching start finish line at on average 172 mph

Shifting point is basically redline. No difference really. Just gotta use the gears correctly for each corner, and shifting down smooth too.

To the entire right to start the lap..

Turn 1: I'm running BB of +2 I start braking half way between the 100 and 50 if I remember correctly, full 100% for about maybe a second then you really have to smoothly let off the brake but as you do so you must be ready to put throttle input immediately. It's not faster to slow all the way down in turn 1 then mash it. You gotta enter smoothly into 1, left tires on rumble as you get about 75 to 80 percent throttle on second your left tires get off the curb. (2nd gear through turn 1 and 2)

Turn 2: as it goes with turn one, the way I've found best to do it is remove the 80% throttle to like 50% throttle for like a blink second and get right back on it right away, doing this too late will lose time, I'm doing this before I even hit the corner 2 apex, get your car on the limit here existing turn 2. 2 tires on track, punch it (be ready to shift to 3rd then 4th as you get to turn 3)

Turn 3: keep it tight as you can on the curb, falling off the curb loses you time, as you exist turn 3, smoothly merge to the right lane to end sector 1

Turn 4: trail braking like turn 1, I brake down to 3rd gear, and shifting down smooth and letting off the brake is huge. Left tires on the apex but aim that corner like a late apex corner and get on the gas at the apex even if it's like 25% swing the car out wide as you release the brake, but not too wide to the point where you can't get back on the gas too late

Turn 5: go down low hit the rumble, be smooth

Turn 6 and 7: I shift down to 4th gear, use just a tap of brake, doing this too late or too early will lose you time. A lot. Car to the left, tap on the brake, down to 4th, and pick up the gas right away around 30 35% gas as your mph drop to 111 to 114 mph area and swing it out of 7, keeping the car around inside middle track through the corner is the smoothest, as you exist 7, go out wide as possible without existing track (2 tires on rumble)

Turn 8: trail brake down to 2nd gear, shift down smoothly, be smooth as you come down to the apex, slow down enough to the point where you can put a little throttle as you exist, existing wide will cost you in turn 9.

Turn 9: as your in 2nd gear and just used a little throttle, if you have your car setup from turn 8 you won't need brake in that case be smooth as you keep it tight as possible on turn 9 and be ready to swing it out wide on the rumble in 2nd gear.

Turn 10: you'll be on the inside and keep driving in a straight line so it creates a diamond shot setup for turn 11

Turn 11: trail brake into this corner down to 1st gear, I brake a smooth straight line then slowly remove my brake as I set my car down to the apex and pick up the gas right away in 1st gear as I come out of the corner, slowly accelerate to 2nd

Turn 12: I actually swing my car to the right to get a better smoother downhill run, not too far to the right but to the point where my car is comfortable flooring it through. You should not have to lift at all.

Final corner: once you finish the second sector, I begin trail braking into 2nd, left tires on the curb and pick up the gas right away and be smooth existing and be ready to punch it right as you feel more grip. I'm flooring it right before I touch the curbs existing, up to 3rd around 103 mph

Finish your lap from there on :)

Hopefully this helps, if you or anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Willing to help out of course! :cheers:

1200px-Circuit_Interlagos.svg.png

@Nerazzurri, here's a few tips that hopefully will help. So I included a track image of Interlagos below to follow along as we go from corner to corner. Hopefully this may help a few others shave off a bit more time too. :cheers:

Just to start it off as I approach the last corner to begin my lap I set my car up so I can get maximum speed going onto the straight, I keep the car middle high lane approaching start finish line at on average 172 mph

Shifting point is basically redline. No difference really. Just gotta use the gears correctly for each corner, and shifting down smooth too.

To the entire right to start the lap..

Turn 1: I'm running BB of +2 I start braking half way between the 100 and 50 if I remember correctly, full 100% for about maybe a second then you really have to smoothly let off the brake but as you do so you must be ready to put throttle input immediately. It's not faster to slow all the way down in turn 1 then mash it. You gotta enter smoothly into 1, left tires on rumble as you get about 75 to 80 percent throttle on second your left tires get off the curb. (2nd gear through turn 1 and 2)

Turn 2: as it goes with turn one, the way I've found best to do it is remove the 80% throttle to like 50% throttle for like a blink second and get right back on it right away, doing this too late will lose time, I'm doing this before I even hit the corner 2 apex, get your car on the limit here existing turn 2. 2 tires on track, punch it (be ready to shift to 3rd then 4th as you get to turn 3)

Turn 3: keep it tight as you can on the curb, falling off the curb loses you time, as you exist turn 3, smoothly merge to the right lane to end sector 1

Turn 4: trail braking like turn 1, I brake down to 3rd gear, and shifting down smooth and letting off the brake is huge. Left tires on the apex but aim that corner like a late apex corner and get on the gas at the apex even if it's like 25% swing the car out wide as you release the brake, but not too wide to the point where you can't get back on the gas too late

Turn 5: go down low hit the rumble, be smooth

Turn 6 and 7: I shift down to 4th gear, use just a tap of brake, doing this too late or too early will lose you time. A lot. Car to the left, tap on the brake, down to 4th, and pick up the gas right away around 30 35% gas as your mph drop to 111 to 114 mph area and swing it out of 7, keeping the car around inside middle track through the corner is the smoothest, as you exist 7, go out wide as possible without existing track (2 tires on rumble)

Turn 8: trail brake down to 2nd gear, shift down smoothly, be smooth as you come down to the apex, slow down enough to the point where you can put a little throttle as you exist, existing wide will cost you in turn 9.

Turn 9: as your in 2nd gear and just used a little throttle, if you have your car setup from turn 8 you won't need brake in that case be smooth as you keep it tight as possible on turn 9 and be ready to swing it out wide on the rumble in 2nd gear.

Turn 10: you'll be on the inside and keep driving in a straight line so it creates a diamond shot setup for turn 11

Turn 11: trail brake into this corner down to 1st gear, I brake a smooth straight line then slowly remove my brake as I set my car down to the apex and pick up the gas right away in 1st gear as I come out of the corner, slowly accelerate to 2nd

Turn 12: I actually swing my car to the right to get a better smoother downhill run, not too far to the right but to the point where my car is comfortable flooring it through. You should not have to lift at all.

Final corner: once you finish the second sector, I begin trail braking into 2nd, left tires on the curb and pick up the gas right away and be smooth existing and be ready to punch it right as you feel more grip. I'm flooring it right before I touch the curbs existing, up to 3rd around 103 mph

Finish your lap from there on :)

Hopefully this helps, if you or anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Willing to help out of course! :cheers:

View attachment 736968
I brake early, then coast to let the car turn before feathering the throttle out. Most of my T1 times are around 21.8, but I didn't do it right on my latest lap. Clearly several others are a few tenths faster, so I'd follow their advice instead, if provided. ;)

Cheers guys! :cheers:
Looks like I’m not far off getting it right, just need to improve the line a bit I think.

Late to the party with not so party-like times ^^

With kinda stock setup(only raised height a bit) so far. Will look for some setups and try again, as I see I'm losing ton of time in second sector and I'm sure same will be applicable to last sector. :scared:

First TT in a while, haven’t had much spare time of late 👎.

Confess that it’s my 3rd session with this but haven’t posted until now. It’s taken a while but I think the NSX is growing on me. Saying that, the GT-R is awesome :cool:.

Here’s the tune I’ve used. Pretty basic tinkering really but it has worked for me so far.

RH 50/52
NF 4.05/4.10
ARB Stock
DC Stock
DE Stock
CA 1.2/1.0
TOE -0.10/0.05

LSD 12/10/22

BB -1
TC 0

Was running Accel at 13-14 but found it a little twitchy at times.

đź‘Ť to @Ph1sh for his great tips, consistently 0.2-0.3 faster in Turn 1 now!

Great combo.

:cheers:

No time to run for a couple of days but hopefully I'll get some time this weekend. Really fun combo but so hard to find the limit in the middle sector, for me at least. Keep pushing to the end tho, eh? Great fun, Mike @Argon đź‘Ť

I did paint my car tho.. a few times. Ended up like this:

20180517035125.jpg

Attachments

• 20180517035125.jpg
    20180517035125.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 12
No time to run for a couple of days but hopefully I'll get some time this weekend. Really fun combo but so hard to find the limit in the middle sector, for me at least. Keep pushing to the end tho, eh? Great fun, Mike @Argon đź‘Ť

I did paint my car tho.. a few times. Ended up like this:

Lol, already hooked by the livery editor. Looking good Chris đź‘Ť

Back