GTP_WRS Week 46 : Handicap Race @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 199 comments
Not really feeling this car... little bit too much understeer for my taste.

T1 51.071
T2 1'33.279

Slow out of the hairpin and not a great Spoon 2, so maybe .3 or so left at T2.

thanks Steve. 👍
but i´m not registered. ;)
For some excellent drivers I believe the mods make an exception, and since we know you as a friendly alien from a neighbour GT5P site, they do so properly 👍

For some excellent drivers I believe the mods make an exception, and since we know you as a friendly alien from a neighbour GT5P site, they do so properly 👍

As an unregistered driver, Rudi would not be classified in the results.

However, I'd be happy to list his submission time were he to provide one -- just this once! ;)

First time I going to give WRS a go and to be honest I'm quite enjoying it. I normaly never do hot laps or even setup a car just for hot laping I just usaully race make a few changes race some more make a few more changes. Any way so far

787PP T1_0'51.653 T2_1'34.408

Attachments

• Mines.JPG
    Mines.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 34
First time I going to give WRS a go and to be honest I'm quite enjoying it. I normaly never do hot laps or even setup a car just for hot laping I just usaully race make a few changes race some more make a few more changes. Any way so far

787PP T1_0'51.653 T2_1'34.408

Good to have you in the WRS, Jon.

Great to have you on board Joylord 👍

I see L_Hammy checking out this thread too, it's your car man! Get involved! :lol:

All the best
Maz

A quick 15 laps before bed... getting more of a feel for the car now and it's better than I first thought.

T1 51.028
T2 1'33.055

'51.645
1'33.974

Going to do more laps for sure.

right. 👍 i´m only a guest driver. :cheers:

great splits Chris. 👍

And quite a driver at that Rudi, always good to pit yourself against the best, and you clearly are one of those!

Man, I just gave this one a go and I'm too embarassed to post my splits. You guys are putting up some killer times early on this one.

HOLY MOLY Theewar - awesome splits. :eek:

Last edited:
T1: 51.029
T2: 1'33.159

I lost a chunk at the hairpin by getting my left rear wheel on the grass at the inside of the hairpin, and I had a "moment" at Spoon 2, so hopefully there's some more left.

EDIT: New Splits

T1: 51.018
T2: 1'33.107

Using Dragonistic's tune 👍 with toe changed to -5/-6, camber change to 0.6/1.0 and brake balance changed to 5/7. With these settings it's much easier to turn the car.

*Warning--Unsolicited Advice*--Be patient with this car. Especially in the Esses, Gyaku Bank Curve and Dunlop. Let the car roll as much as possible, always thinking about positioning yourself properly for the next corner. This piece--with it's turbocharged engine--has plenty of power once you get on the throttle to overcome the loss of minimal speed through these corners. I'm getting down to as low as 85/86 at the first righthand esse, and 76/77 before accelerating at Gyaku Bank Curve. Also, brake very late at Casio--later than you would in some other cars 👍 *End of unsolicited advice* :lol:

Last edited:
Nice laps everyone. I enjoy this car quite a lot, hope to spend more time as the week progresses. So far it has responded well to setup changes-gearing is a bit of a mystery at this point, but it will certainly be a big factor in getting quick laps.

T1 51.702
T2 1:34.123

T1: 51.029
T2: 1'33.159

I lost a chunk at the hairpin by getting my left rear wheel on the grass at the inside of the hairpin, and I had a "moment" at Spoon 2, so hopefully there's some more left.

Man, I wish I had those kind of "moments". :lol:

Here are my first splits:

T1 51.877
T2 1'34.217

I have to say that I am not one that races AWD very much so the handling of this animal is completely new to me.

After a few more laps, using the same gears:

Watching the replay from the TV camera view is fantastic, I really love how the car looks as it comes through the esses, and it sounds great.

Excellent combo.

First splits:

1'33.383

Using LDP tune with a slight ride height alteration.

Last edited:
First splits:

1'31.383

Using LDP tune with a slight ride height alteration.
Great splits Nick! Are you sure you are on 592hp? If so, your T1 should be below 51 to match your T2, perhaps? 👍

Typo... unless his car teleports itself along the back straight.

New splits.

T1: 51.284
T2: 1:33.333

Still a few tenths in it for me, if I can get all my apexes right.

T1 - 51,547

T2 - 1,33,653

Still a whole lot of ugly in my driving at the moment.....looking for the magic lap.

Judging by his first sector, he probably meant 33. Never seen a gap of over 1.5s between 1st and 2nd...

Trying to get this thing to turn in is a pain in the bum, I'll try with Carl's advice later, thanks Carl :)

:ouch: Meant to be a 33.383. Sorry for that typo guys, will be more careful in future.

I finally had a run at it, using my own un-released tune. Rather disappointed with the lap, ran wide slightly at Degner, majorly at the hairpin (lost a good couple tenths at the hairpin alone) and wasn't entirely happy with Spoon but satisfactory I guess. Heaps more time to come! (I hope).

T1- 51.036
T2- 1'33.106

Latest Posts

Back