GTP_WRS Week 46 : Handicap Race @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 199 comments
He mates,finally have a little bit of free time this week...so i will try to participate in this series....👍

first short session,without much tuning and using onboard view:

T1:0'51,274
T2:1'33,255

speed in this lap whas ok,but fine tuning is needed to get rid of understeer!

Hope to have time to do more laps this week...:nervous:

spyrrari.

He mates,finally have a little bit of free time this week...so i will try to participate in this series....👍

first short session,without much tuning and using onboard view:

T1:0'51,274
T2:1'33,255

speed in this lap whas ok,but fine tuning is needed to get rid of understeer!

Hope to have time to do more laps this week...:nervous:

spyrrari.

Welcome Spy!! What a fantastic line up of drivers we've got this week, I really hope I can get back in and challenge again. It's looking like I might have to just submit with the splits from my first session on Sunday :(

If so, best of luck to everybody, especially Warren (Theewar), fly the flag bro :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Fly the falg Maz?:odd: :lol:

So far, D2 is looking strong with our advantage of POWAAA!

Fly the falg Maz?:odd: :lol:

So far, D2 is looking strong with our advantage of POWAAA!

:lol: fixed it quick!!

D2 gold has a fantastic chance of taking overall victory this week. Maybe in future the handicaps can be assigned as per class, not just division 👍
Despite that, I am really looking forward to the results.

All the best
Maz

Rather disappointed with the lap, ran wide slightly at Degner, majorly at the hairpin (lost a good couple tenths at the hairpin alone) and wasn't entirely happy with Spoon but satisfactory I guess. Heaps more time to come! (I hope).

Trying to get this thing to turn in is a pain in the bum, I'll try with Carl's advice later, thanks Carl :)

Also, brake very late at Casio--later than you would in some other cars 👍

Thanks for the advice Carl but like others, trying to get this car slowed down takes forever and for me has quite a learning curve to drive.
I'm just not braking correctly at most corners. I end up going wide, especially into Spoon.
I need to brake early compared to most cars, that's the curve for me.I guess that's why I'm in D3.
I could blame the tune but it's not mine. It's the driver.
It could be the extra power that lends to the problem but then that's the challenge.
I think I'm driving it like the Corvette from 2 weeks ago. It ain't no Corvette.

As always, advice from the upper tiers is good advice and should be used.

Thanks for the advice Carl but like others, trying to get this car slowed down takes forever and for me has quite a learning curve to drive.
I'm just not braking correctly at most corners. I end up going wide, especially into Spoon.
I need to brake early compared to most cars, that's the curve for me.I guess that's why I'm in D3.
I could blame the tune but it's not mine. It's the driver.
It could be the extra power that lends to the problem but then that's the challenge.
I think I'm driving it like the Corvette from 2 weeks ago. It ain't no Corvette.

As always, advice from the upper tiers is good advice and should be used.

Slower in often meens faster out(corners)...:sly:
especially with this car..(understeers when entry is too quick...)

spyrrari.

Slower in often meens faster out(corners)...:sly:
especially with this car..(understeers when entry is too quick...)

spyrrari.

Good advice for everyone... this car takes ages to regain grip once it's started to slide... needs slightly early braking and a long coast to the apex. You got to have the front end nailed before jumping on the throttle.

1'33.788

Gained some time in the 2nd sector.

Slower in often meens faster out(corners)...spyrrari.

... needs slightly early braking and a long coast to the apex.

Truer words .... :)

I hear these quoted all the time here by the Div 1 racers. Can you give any advice on how to change my evil ways? Being human, it just seems that tackling anything "slowly" is going to lead to a slower time overall and I'm already slow enough as it is so going slower would only land me back in Div 3 which isn't the direction I want to go. :lol:

Seriously though, how do you go about training yourself to brake early? Teach this grasshopper oh master of speed. :)

Another quick half hour between getting home from work and dinner...

T1 50.968
T2 1'33.003

BIG slide out of Spoon and a poor Casio, so still more to come... but got NFS Shift on the way so if it's any good I may not bother running again.

@Linpark...

Better lap time come from exit speed... the earlier you can get on full throttle coming out of a corner the faster you'll be all the way along the following straight... as opposed to being fractionally later on the brakes and then having to wait longer to get back on the power.

The key with this car is to try and avoid sliding the front... once you get it sliding you have to come off the gas and wait for the grip to come back.. which takes forever. Therefore it's better to brake slightly earlier, find a cornering speed at which the front grips and coast (no throttle or brake) to the apex.

It's not necessarily being slower - it just sometimes feels that way if the tyres aren't screeching away. It's more about being smooth and keeping just at the limit of grip rather than just over it.

First run, I like the way this car handles, I had a few laps of beig easy then a few laps of pushing it to the edge, Ill find a center later

T1- 52.037
T2- 1`34.334

My splits are not as fast as some posted here but I think I've got a good time my last sector was fast. Or maybe I suck.

Oh well take it as an update.

Attachments

• DSC00148.JPG
    DSC00148.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00152.JPG
    DSC00152.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 46
Another quick half hour between getting home from work and dinner...

T1 50.968
T2 1'33.003

BIG slide out of Spoon and a poor Casio, so still more to come... but got NFS Shift on the way so if it's any good I may not bother running again.

@Linpark...

Better lap time come from exit speed... the earlier you can get on full throttle coming out of a corner the faster you'll be all the way along the following straight... as opposed to being fractionally later on the brakes and then having to wait longer to get back on the power.

The key with this car is to try and avoid sliding the front... once you get it sliding you have to come off the gas and wait for the grip to come back.. which takes forever. Therefore it's better to brake slightly earlier, find a cornering speed at which the front grips and coast (no throttle or brake) to the apex.

It's not necessarily being slower - it just sometimes feels that way if the tyres aren't screeching away. It's more about being smooth and keeping just at the limit of grip rather than just over it.

👍...:sly:

spyrrari.

1'33.130

Hopefully there's time left in being smoother, this one has a couple little tank slappers in it.

I erased my setup, and this seems to be a good thing.

1:33.341

Not great out of spoon, and likely some to gain in turn one without setup/gearing changes.

Tried it quickly on stock settings, can get another .4 out on stock then ill start making little adjustments:

1'33.773

Updated splits after some more work tonight:

T1 51.608
T2 1'33.572

Starting to get the feel of this car now - seen some lower T1's but haven't been able to hold on to the gain. I keep forgetting this is a handicap week. :)

Thanks!

New Splits with my own setup. Took the push out understeer out of the setup, its a lot less twitchy now as well. Revamped to my own Suspension specs and same gears as Paulies.

T1- 51.722
T2- 1`33. 787

38 laps with not much :grumpy: I saw a 51.5xx for T1, 1'33.9xx for T2 and was already ruined at degner-1 :ouch:....

EDIT:

T1: 51.963
T2: 1'34.031

EDIT 2:
Board Updated

Last edited:
Hi
Sorry i did not post any details when i put my times up

Have never submitted for the WRS before.

Div 2 bronze
G25

Thankyou

Last edited:
New splits:

1'33.331

Adjusted the tune again..... Seemed to work a lot better in the esses but still a tenth or two left. On the throttle way too early out of Spoon 2 so a little time there too.

I went out on a limb with my tune this week. Judging from other people's descriptions of how their's drives I acheived my desired effect of tuning a much more aggressive car. The nose points and the car turns for me, I'm pretty happy with my setup this week.:) I knew it'd be hard to move that extremely heavy RB26 around which is why I tuned it with that mindset.

Hi
Sorry i did not post any details when i put my times up

Have never submitted for the WRS before.

Div 2 bronse
G25

Thankyou

Hey Joe, I didn't realise you were in it this week, good to have you here mate.:)

Thanks Paulie - should have also mentioned i was using a LDP tune:sly:

Ok this will be my best shot i feel....tried driving with the ABS off for about 15laps or so(respect to those who can make that work!) it actually helped me flow better once i reset it to ABS1.

T1 - 51.299

T2 - 1,33.043

Got a screamer out of spoon(damn it felt good).

Thanks to those who organised this event.had fun:tup:

Last edited:
Its great to see so many new and not so new faces at WRS. 👍
New splits for me.

T1: 51.241
T2: 1:33.249

Still a bit more in it for me.

Thanks Paulie - should have also mentioned i was using a LDP tune:sly:

Ok this will be my best shot i feel....tried driving with the ABS off for about 15laps or so(respect to those who can make that work!) it actually helped me flow better once i reset it to ABS1.

T1 - 51.299

T2 - 1,33.043

Got a screamer out of spoon(damn it felt good).

Thanks to those who organised this event.had fun:tup:

Those are good splits to boot.:) I can't wait to get back out there now.:D

Jeff, isn't this an RB26? Or is it stroked to 2.8L?

New splits:

T1:0'50,990
T2:1'33,132

Pretty good lap,but few tighny mistakes here and there...need more fidling with gears,this is not easy beacause of the difference in the first and last part of the track...

spyrrari.

Back