GTP_WRS Week 46 : Handicap Race @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 199 comments
Jeff, isn't this an RB26? Or is it stroked to 2.8L?

I thought at first it was a 30, then after I posted, you got me thinking.
Now I'm not sure. :lol:
Thought it may have been the RB26DET or DETT.

Or maybe this is it:

RB26DETT Z2
Quote:This is the engine used in the Nissan Skyline GT-R Z-Tune. It uses the stronger RB26 N-1 block, modified with Nismo parts, bored and stroked to 2.8 L (87.0 x 77.7 mm). The end result was the RB28Z2, which produces 510 bhp (368 kW) and 540 N·m of torque. Unquote.

I'm not sure which way Mines go, but as you said mate, it's heavy. The old cast iron block.

Last edited:
1'33.664

Cracking shot out of Spoon, was about 4mph slower through apex, slow in-fast out, etc. Felt woeful through Degner 1&2. Not far off my limit, maybe a T2 target of 1'33.3xx

Late start at this one for me this week...what a cracking combo 👍

After a quick 5 lap blast, my first splits:

T1 51.591
T2 1'33.688

Two weeks holidays with no GT, so I'm gonna be rusty :dopey:
That's the excuses out of the way then :scared:
First session this evening:

1'33.678

1'33.460

Last edited:
I thought at first it was a 30, then after I posted, you got me thinking.
Now I'm not sure. :lol:
Thought it may have been the RB26DET or DETT.

Or maybe this is it:

RB26DETT Z2
Quote:This is the engine used in the Nissan Skyline GT-R Z-Tune. It uses the stronger RB26 N-1 block, modified with Nismo parts, bored and stroked to 2.8 L (87.0 x 77.7 mm). The end result was the RB28Z2, which produces 510 bhp (368 kW) and 540 N·m of torque. Unquote.

I'm not sure which way Mines go, but as you said mate, it's heavy. The old cast iron block.

It's just the RB26DETT N-1. It replaces the two stock turbos for the HKS GT2530. And of course the VX-Rom. It comes out to be around 580 hp

Last edited:
Worked on setup, made a bit difference, news splits:

1:33.487

made some mistake at the hairpin and spoon, but overall and good lap.

It's just the RB26DETT N-1. It replaces the two stock turbos for the HKS GT2530. And of course the VX-Rom. It comes out to be around 580 hp

Right 👍 thanks for clearing that up for us.

New splits from tonights session.

T1:51.062

T2:1'32.844

:)

WOW! :eek:

I remember this from my previous WRS experience many, many weeks ago - the harder I try to improve the faster everyone else goes. :lol:

First go at the combo, and will need another attempt.
1'34.259

Board updated (post 114), but almost all of the work has been done by Haitham 👍

EDIT first splits for the board tho I'm actually quite embarrassed by them ... :( :( :(

1'36.250

I guess the car's just too fast for me :yuck:

Last edited:
Incredibly close WRS, the handicap is working brilliantly! 1.8s separates all the competitors. If a D1 driver is going to take the overall win this week it's going to have to be a spectacular lap, same for all the divisions in fact!

I managed to squeeze in an hour on this yesterday as my second session and went faster in all sectors just not at the same time :lol: I tried a multitude of tunes but ended up back at my original settings. This seems to be happening to me a lot, I just get so used to the first tune I run, nothing else seems to work after a whole session spent on my original settings.

Can't wait to get back amongst things this weekend!

Also, can I just add how great it is to see so many new competitors and long-time absentees in WRS, please don't forget to submit your final times. It's always a crying shame when we have loads of people on the leaderboard but only get a handful of submissions at the end 👍

All the best
Maz

New splits from tonights session.

T1:51.062

T2:1'32.844

:)

Nice splits!

Can't see me being able to beat that with the D1 power allowance... a T1 of 50.8 is possible as I've been well ahead of my 50.9 coming out of turn 2, but very difficult to maintain the gap through the rest of the sector as pushing just a touch too hard results in terminal understeer. T2 is where the big loss to lower divisions is hard to minimise due to the long drag up to Spoon and the even longer drag up to 130r... a perfect T2 for me might get me to a low 1'32.9 or maybe a high .8, but it would require a faultless run.

WELL! It took 2 hours and a couple minor but really important gear ratio changes to 2nd and 3rd today to get used to the first sector again.:crazy: After that the times came swiftly. A great lap all except for the hairpin where I may have lost a tenth or so. I didn't use all the tarmac on the exit of Spoon either but that was thanks to the slightest of little powerslides so I wasn't worried.

T1- 50.970
T2- 1'32.829

With the hairpin done right a 1'32.7 would be easy.

New splits:

T1:0'50,961
T2:1'33,043

small improvement on my previous splits,but a much better run through 130r and final chicane...

spyrrari.

New splits:

T1:0'50,961
T2:1'33,043

small improvement on my previous splits,but a much better run through 130r and final chicane...

spyrrari.

You've probably got a faster lap than I do if you nailed 130R and Casio.:sly: I'm pretty happy with my 130R and Casio, but you'd just be genuinely faster.

You've probably got a faster lap than I do if you nailed 130R and Casio.:sly: I'm pretty happy with my 130R and Casio, but you'd just be genuinely faster.

2 tenths is an awful lot to make up in 130r and Casio.

2 tenths is an awful lot to make up in 130r and Casio.

Is it really that much for a division 1 gold alien vs someone who has a bad track record for T3 at Suzuka though?;)

You can lose time in Casio and 130r, but you really have to make a big mistake to lose more than a 10th... especially as you have the benefit of extra power both on the run to 130r then on to Casio and the run out of Casio to the line.

Back