GTP_WRS Week 57 : Miatterhorn

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 188 comments

worse splits, improved last sector .004 at the line :banghead: with TC 1

Right there with you! It's a fun car to drive I will say. I'll try to do the WW race again this weekend to gain some track knowledge and practice. :)

There was a great seasonal event in an impreza a while back, was such a fun combo to nail, especially the first main corner when you break down to just enough grip to stay on the road, hug the curb and off you go.

Im using auto atm and ds3 to get used to the car, moving to wheel tonight with full manual and 0 TCS

Cant wait!

that stupid uphill chicane upsets the car too much :irked:
@cargoratt i remember said that theres something you can do over the initial curb before the hill starts. not sure if works in this car but if you change up a gear when the car is slightly airborne, maybe a wheel and a half off the road, upshift then, then in third you will be higher up the rev range. I imagine it could save tenths

I havent yet tried manual or with the wheel but tonight the night.

Bert

-.32 at the line, this lap i am happy with, yet still 1sec behind at T2 :crazy: but where? :confused:

I have about exhausted any learning the track and car, using AT and find myself struggling to break a 47, looks like I'm going to have to start shifting to go faster.... I hope

Last edited:
New splits.lazy night so using at on ds3.anlit to do a 20 min session on the ironing board dfgt...

using 5/10 BB

not sure how to improve on this apart from the near unachievable perfect lap.

I found few tenths by:

1. not overrevving the engine, redline in 4th, few RPMs past the redline in 3rd, almost at the rev limiter in 2nd.
2. braking earlier for turn 1 and actually starting to turn and accelerate before the crest
3. braking earlier for first turn of the second sector (3rd gear, trying to carry 100kmh)
4. using the inside curbs in the final two turns to help rotating the car

I think 5/10 might be too much, I run 3/7.

For the turn one i run it on 5th almost to the top, then downshift to 3rd and accelerate, if it helps anyone i'll be glad

I found few tenths by:

1. not overrevving the engine, redline in 4th, few RPMs past the redline in 3rd, almost at the rev limiter in 2nd.
2. braking earlier for turn 1 and actually starting to turn and accelerate before the crest
3. braking earlier for first turn of the second sector (3rd gear, trying to carry 100kmh)
4. using the inside curbs in the final two turns to help rotating the car

I think 5/10 might be too much, I run 3/7.

1. very helpful
2. Know I've to do this, but don't have the guts just yet :scared:
3. 3rd gear you must be mad :lol:
4. wasn't sure about the last corner.

had left it for tonight but now very tempted to hop on again. :cheers: 👍

Really struggling without tuning. I need them wrenches to keep you wheel guys at bay. :lol: I'll keep on practicing this and maybe do the WW race this weekend for kicks and giggles. Definitely enjoy this car, the track is okay, but I'm just blah. :yuck:

@cargoratt i remember said that theres something you can do over the initial curb before the hill starts. not sure if works in this car but if you change up a gear when the car is slightly airborne, maybe a wheel and a half off the road, upshift then, then in third you will be higher up the rev range. I imagine it could save tenths

I havent yet tried manual or with the wheel but tonight the night.

Bert

I'll thank you very much for not giving away anymore of my trade secrets. :P :lol: Seriously though, it does indeed work with this car as well. I have gained almost .300 going up that hill by using the 'Ratt Method. :lol: I haven't put any serious effort into this yet as I'm still recovering from my stroke, just more or less been playing around with it. Still having problems with my left foot every once in awhile. :ill: I might just have to permanently switch to right foot braking. :indiff:

I'll thank you very much for not giving away anymore of my trade secrets. :P :lol: Seriously though, it does indeed work with this car as well. I have gained almost .300 going up that hill by using the 'Ratt Method. :lol: I haven't put any serious effort into this yet as I'm still recovering from my stroke, just more or less been playing around with it. Still having problems with my left foot every once in awhile. :ill: I might just have to permanently switch to right foot braking. :indiff:
sorry to hear about the right foot braking temporary situation ,and your situation. I hope you get better fast!

So , do you shift up from second on the first left hand part of the kerb? when i do that third gear feels like its filled with treacle...maybe BB helps
what are you running?

10 or so resets; I'd normally say laps, but this first corner is preventing that :scared::

That's a lot of tenths for me to be clueless about, unless I'm misunderstanding the track limits...
nailing that first corner though feels so on edge..awesome

Sorry guys, quick q.

Do you have to post three laps in a row, i.e. week 54,55,56 to get considered for a promotion. I just didnt have the time last week but checked my time and would have been second in d3 again.

Is it just the last three you submit that contribute?

Back