GTP_WRS Week 6 : Village People

• Thread starter Argon
  • 356 comments
Raising the ride height may seem odd, but so help me I ran numerous laps chasing a good ghost with a lowered ride height and I couldn't touch it.
Thank you for postings this...👍

I was rockin' the tune provided by @Mr P and was very pleased with it...so much so that I was able to experiment with ABS set to weak. I noticed the difference immediately with your tune and was out in front of my ghost until I 🤬 the last chicane...I agree with @Iceman as it felt like the car was floating but I got the hang of it within a couple of laps.

:cheers:

Changed to 50:50 and rear DF to 290, seems faster for T1/T3 but a bit slower on T2. Sadly the DF setting doesn't seem to have any effect on top speed, moreso an artificial increase in grip even at lower speeds.

Slight improvement

I couldn't help myself
DSlDcBBWAAUDPSC.jpeg

Changed to 50:50 and rear DF to 290, seems faster for T1/T3 but a bit slower on T2. Sadly the DF setting doesn't seem to have any effect on top speed, moreso an artificial increase in grip even at lower speeds.

Took it Tokyo east to test it out. There's a difference in top speed with min v max df but not much, maybe 5 miles an hour.

Took it Tokyo east to test it out. There's a difference in top speed with min v max df but not much, maybe 5 miles an hour.

Interesting, I wonder if this is realistic? Seems like there should be a much more drastic change, at least to me.

Interesting, I wonder if this is realistic? Seems like there should be a much more drastic change, at least to me.

I would have thought so too.

At Alsace, at least, I suspected going in that higher df would be the ticket -- the bend at the end of the long run out of turn 1 will limit speed regardless of downforce, and other high speed sections are helped by down force on corner exit speed so I don't see anything overly glitchy here.

Howdy Y'all and Haaappyy New Year!!
It's been 2 long busy years since I've run WRS and I've been missing it. Thankfully the holidays are done, work and life are settling down finally. I've been lurking watching y'all the past couple of weeks and I'm glad to see the WRS community is still so strong. I've been leveling up my account and trying to shake the rust off, still pretty rusty but I'm having fun. I'm really loving this combo, watching a Mustang drift around Alsace never gets old! Hoonigan Mustang ftw!! After a brief run I have some initial splits, gonna try Ron's tune tonight.

Good times Y'all! :gtpflag:

My man! I guess since you and Iceman are doing this one I should stop doing sport races online and see if I can find some time this week to let you both show me up :lol:

Jerome

My man! I guess since you and Iceman are doing this one I should stop doing sport races online and see if I can find some time this week to let you both show me up :lol:

Jerome

Word up G! :cheers:
Good fun to be had here, feeling like Ken Block in his Hoonigan Mustang :D
Switched to alexa's updated tune and the beast is back, loose and wild, but faster :cool:

I think I will enjoy this more than last week :lol:.
Still have to glance at the map (track is virgin grounds for me), but I'd have to agree with Argons's initial post, tracks with inclines/declines are just so sweet and I love it already :P
First splits to get on the board:

If anyone has any tips for the “carousel” and hairpin that follows section at the end of T2 and start of T3, it would be much appreciated!

Have seen 40.3 T1s but can’t break the 39 barrier in T2!

The last chicane is just going to be a nightmare for everyone I think?!

So after spending 20 minutes playing with lots of lines through that section, some new splits.

Have seen much better T1 quite regularly, just not this lap, but a gain of 1.3 seconds overall so far today with @alexamenos setup. Still need to work on T3, played it far too safe when I realised I was that far up on previous best!

After a bit of tweaking to the @Mr P setup, I’ve finally made the car feel perfectly balanced for my driving style.
Tune
TCS 0
BB +2
RH 135/135
NF 2.50/ 2.50
ARB 7/6
Compression 60/60
Rebound 90/90
Camber 0.5/ 0.5
Toe out 0.06/ in 0.06
Aero 200/240
LSD initial 10/10
LSD accel 25/30
LSD brake 10/10
Distribution 40/60
Final ratio 4.375

Still loads of time to make up by tidying up my lines & improving a couple of braking points.

Back