GTP_WRS Week 6 : Village People

• Thread starter Argon
  • 356 comments
Ugh, ran my quick 7 lap session before work, tweaked LSD and really liked how car was handling, had a .5 lead on my best overall time and I over downshifted going into corner :banghead:. Ended up finishing .010 off best lap but it was time for work so I had to go.......Maybe tonight I will have new splits.

and how am I to compete with @munch2112 when you are having times like that? :bowdown: Great job, don't think I will get that low again this week but I am going to try.

had a .5 lead on my best overall time and I over downshifted going into corner :banghead:. Ended up finishing .010 off best lap

I feel your pain mate, I did the same thing earlier. Though I’m sure the potentially fastest time I could of done was probably a lot slower than the one you ended up with :lol::lol:

and how am I to compete with @munch2112 when you are having times like that? :bowdown: Great job, don't think I will get that low again this week but I am going to try.

Sorry mate! I’ll slow down a bit :cheers:

I’ve just had time the last couple weeks to run for long periods of time - 2 hours for that session this morning! Once I’m back in work again, I’ll be back down where I belong!

I started out hating the combo this week, but after today’s session I am really enjoying it!

Just a bit of a pain when you mess up the first corner and do the whole rest of the lap knowing you are slower - use that as an opportunity to perfect other parts of the lap.

Sorry mate! I’ll slow down a bit :cheers:

I’ve just had time the last couple weeks to run for long periods of time - 2 hours for that session this morning! Once I’m back in work again, I’ll be back down where I belong!

I started out hating the combo this week, but after today’s session I am really enjoying it!

Just a bit of a pain when you mess up the first corner and do the whole rest of the lap knowing you are slower - use that as an opportunity to perfect other parts of the lap.

That is what I have been doing, when I mess up a part I experiment with the rest to see what may work. I think I have a good plan just lacking the right amount of time to put into it, the most I have run so far is 30 minutes, and it takes about 10 minutes to get in the grove on this track so not a lot of hot lapping going on.

That is what I have been doing, when I mess up a part I experiment with the rest to see what may work. I think I have a good plan just lacking the right amount of time to put into it, the most I have run so far is 30 minutes, and it takes about 10 minutes to get in the grove on this track so not a lot of hot lapping going on.

Definitely takes a while to get in the groove on this track. So many places that are easy to mess up.

Good luck this week, will be looking out for you again! :cheers:

A little late to this party after the Christmas madness so no time to pimp my ride!! Thanks mr P for the setup, making sure I follow the white line in the middle of the road to keep it clean this time :( still feels like there’s minutes to be found!!

Ran about a half hour of this at the start of the week and promptly stuffed the car in the dark corner of my garage. :yuck: I love this track but I couldn't get over the car. Will try again with the settings that people have posted and hopefully have a better time.

If anyone is still trying to figure out the track, Z28 posted up a track guide recently that helped me iron out a few spots I was having consistency issues. Fast, helpful, classy dude. :cheers:

Not the best first sector, seen some low 40.0s

Work to do, not even sure what ride hight to have, using alexemos tune but my phone is playing up and have nothing to convert it to me. I just put random numbers :lol:

Can anyone convert for me please, be much appreciated :cheers:

Not the best first sector, seen some low 40.0s

Work to do, not even sure what ride hight to have, using alexemos tune but my phone is playing up and have nothing to convert it to me. I just put random numbers :lol:

Can anyone convert for me please, be much appreciated :cheers:

RH (in mm) Front:177 - Rear:178
The rest should be the same

Howdy Y'all and Haaappyy New Year!!
It's been 2 long busy years since I've run WRS and I've been missing it. Thankfully the holidays are done, work and life are settling down finally. I've been lurking watching y'all the past couple of weeks and I'm glad to see the WRS community is still so strong. I've been leveling up my account and trying to shake the rust off, still pretty rusty but I'm having fun. I'm really loving this combo, watching a Mustang drift around Alsace never gets old! Hoonigan Mustang ftw!! After a brief run I have some initial splits, gonna try Ron's tune tonight.

Good times Y'all! :gtpflag:

Just seen this post, welcome back :cheers:

Initial splits using stock settings with racing LSD/Transmission and 45/55 Torque distribution........lots of time to find 'life' permitting - I know the first sector can be a lot faster once get first turn and end of previous lap better........

Like the SFR challenge will feed in Mr P 's & Alexamenos/Iceman's settings step by step to understand what each does and whether it suits me........not at all surprised by my Div 4 ranking and see improvement as a long term aim rather than expecting major changes so want to build up knowledge as I go rather than (fruitlessly) chase every tenth.......

BTW anyone notice that for some reason Ford is not mentioned in the intellectual property descriptions (option settings/about the game) - must be an omission error as would expect the Blue Oval to be Trustmarked at the very least.........

I tried Alexa's set up early this morning... It's defo got potential as I saw my first 39.9 @ T1 so will give it some more laps tonight to see if I can piece anything decent together and save it properly.. I did the error with exiting too early again this morning when I took a whole .2 off my best laptime and the difference between the replay and the stamped time is .006 so it's for the bin which is a damn shame as it was super clean and a pretty decent lap :(

Honestly it miffed me slightly and I just shut the ps4 down and went to bed in a bit of a mood haha :lol: Will have to drum it into my mind on my next session to carry on until T1 :dunce:👍 GL guys and thanks again for the set up Alexa :cheers:

Used the first setup that was posted on page one of the thread, but gave it a couple of tweaks. Big improvement compared to my own setup, but that was a given!

had a quick go with Alexamenos tune

More to come off this was a scruffy lap with a poor last sector.

I seem to set all my lap times with poorer splits, I have seen 40.0s and 38.0s but been unable to convert :banghead:
I can see 39s first sector but not easy to string together :cheers:

Dropping back with splits, just want to attack from behind :D

.3 slower at T1, .2 slower at T2, yet .2 faster at the line.
Decided to scrap the setup I used and build mine from scratch (previous event experiences ^^ ) and I just started.

Ashamed to realize i used CSAin previous lap i ran the same setup without it and surprisingly i ran .1 faster lap, so i can replace the wrong splits. ^^

After some tweaks to ride height, freq and dampers cut another .6 on the line. still many things to set.

Ahh, and running TC 2, BB 2, TD 35/65 and max downforce front and rear

Back