GTP_WRS Week 6 : Village People

• Thread starter Argon
  • 356 comments
This lap is pretty good for me, but I threw out one .5 quicker at the line due to the short replay bug. I am a sticker to running through the 1st sector after the finish line and I still got bit. I did run off track into the grass on turn 1 after crossing the finish line, this might trigger something. I don't know.

Anyway, I know for a fact I am leaving .5 out there, now off to chase it down!

Not much of an improvement thru t2 but worth .150 at the line. I reduced the damper settings and set my 3 best third sectors in only a handful of laps. Best I did in sector 2 out of a small sample of laps was a 38.2x, don't know if that's the change to dampers or just me screwing up. Maybe worth giving a try if you're searching for time in the 3rd.

Tune:

TC 0
BB 3

RH 6.97 7.01
NF 2.3 2.3
ARB 8 7
Damper (Comp) 58 58
Damper (Rebound) 88 88
Camber 3.0 1.0
Toe 0.05 out 0.10 in

Aero 200 275

Diff
Init 10 10
Accel 25 30
Decel 10 10

Torque split 50:50

Trans Fully customizable, Final = 4.250

.7 faster at line. Was running consistent lap times to my best lap yesterday. That is a great feeling.

According to optimal have another .6 to gain. Might be at my limits.

If you can run consistent times close to your new best then I'd bet a dollar you can improve by at least half a second.

Keep your brake points consistent and look for faster times on corner exit. Be under control on corner entry and be a wild ass maniac on exit.

Are you guys taking the left hand sweeper before T1 way inside, or going for exit speed? Curious as I seem to be a bit off in T1 but a bit ahead in T2, maybe it's due to exit speed out of that turn :confused:

Are you guys taking the left hand sweeper before T1 way inside, or going for exit speed. Curious as I seem to be a bit off in T1 but a bit ahead in T2, maybe it's due to exit speed out of that turn :confused:

I know I am a middle of pack guy, but I have been playing around with that section also, I seem to be faster going for exit speed.

I know I am a middle of pack guy, but I have been playing around with that section also, I seem to be faster going for exit speed.

Same here, exit speed seems to be the only way I can get a competitive T1 time. Though I’m finding that the first corner has the biggest impact on my lap time, consistently hitting the fastest line there is proving tricky for me. The ghost of my fastest lap always flies ahead at the first corner and I know if I can beat it there & keep a decent line at turn 3 I can hit an even faster lap time

Could get myself to quit the online racing and gave alexamenos tune a shot! And found time immedeatly :) ... thanks for sharing!!! :cheers:
I did only 2 tweaks: took BB back to 2 and upped the rear LSD braking sensitivity to 20. The car was too twitchy for me under braking, Think I spun out at the last hairpin three times in a row under braking and then fixed that issue (issue for me mind you). Awesome tune!!!!

Checking my replay with 3rd person camera though I do see my general problem(s): horrid lines and not using the space of the track well at all. Lot's of work still for me!!! Good luck all! :cheers:

Last edited:

Pre weekend run splits reflecting partial application of Alexamenos settings in terms of TD, BB, & D/F of which latter had most effect (as well as I'm getting to know the track and its racing lines better of course). ARB change to initial 7/6 seemed to add unwanted understeer to my mind but could be came in too fast too......

I hope and expect inclusion of the other settings will see further improvement over the weekend especially the Camber at 3.0 (& Toe)......fingers crossed it goes that way........

BTW my fastest lap from these WIP splits also has a near cut off problem too - if you're quick you can just see the purple lap time flash up - but it was on lap 3 of a 9 lap stint so it can happen anytime it would seem. Lap 4 after that was invalid (as I run with all strict penalty settings on) but it could be that its infrequent issue or maybe happens depending on number of replays stored..........

Pre weekend run splits reflecting partial application of Alexamenos settings in terms of TD, BB, & D/F of which latter had most effect (as well as I'm getting to know the track and its racing lines better of course). ARB change to initial 7/6 seemed to add unwanted understeer to my mind but could be came in too fast too......

I hope and expect inclusion of the other settings will see further improvement over the weekend especially the Camber at 3.0 (& Toe)......fingers crossed it goes that way........

BTW my fastest lap from these WIP splits also has a near cut off problem too - if you're quick you can just see the purple lap time flash up - but it was on lap 3 of a 9 lap stint so it can happen anytime it would seem. Lap 4 after that was invalid (as I run with all strict penalty settings on) but it could be that its infrequent issue or maybe happens depending on number of replays stored..........
I found running the rear ARB stiffer than the front eliminated all the unwanted understeer. I’m running 7 on the front, 8 on the rear

Nailed almost every corner ,
Did that also lots of laps before but never got the last section right......till now.:D

Very close to the guard rail ,but at least 10 cm space between car and steel.

Over 500 km with this car now.:sly:

Nailed almost every corner ,
Did that also lots of laps before but never got the last section right......till now.:D

Very close to the guard rail ,but at least 10 cm space between car and steel.

Over 500 km with this car now.:sly:

Ahem.....thought you said you were slowing down this week :lol:

Back