GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments
Just a quick thought....would turning down the controller sensitivity to -3 make a difference on a wheel? That could make her less temperamental.

Jerome

IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

It has come to our attention that you can gain an unfair speed advantage at the start of your lap. Please note that we will be monitoring your start line speed and will instantly DQ any laps found to have exploited this cheat.

I will update the OP to reflect these additional rules.

Very hard on DS4, congratulations to the faster DS4 guys ... Ill try to lower sensitivity, but the harder is to control throtle, mine is jumping from 50% to almost full :(

Sensitivity will only affect steering and there's some doubt about that so altering won't change your brake and throttle response 👍

IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

It has come to our attention that you can gain an unfair speed advantage at the start of your lap. Please note that we will be monitoring your start line speed and will instantly DQ any laps found to have exploited this cheat.

I will update the OP to reflect these additional rules.
What should we hitting in terms of speed at start finish line? I'm averaging 107 108 mph maybe 109.

Pre work work out this morning, improved by .048 at line. I just keep chipping away.

EDIT: Don't you love when you improve your lap time but your first two sector times are actually slower than previous posted so you fall down the leader board despite being faster. :banghead:

On the flip side I think I have S3 figured out, ran consistently faster S3 times my last 10 laps today, just got to nail down S1 and S2 and I will be golden.

Last edited:
Sounds about right, I'm guessing people were switching off penalties so that they could cut the last corner and carry more speed, so as long as you take it normally should be fine.
To be clear, nobody was doing anything, we just had a long time participant point out to us that this was available to exploit. We just want to be proactive, and let people know we are watching, and will not hesitate to DQ laps.

This really falls under the broader "Nothing against the spirit of the rules" that is in the standard, clean, OLR.

Just consider it a courtesy for us to let everyone know in advance vs. DQing offending laps after the fact.

If someone reads this and still does it, we'll have to carefully consider whether they even belong in our registry......

Placebo *cough* Maybe you should try it.

:lol:

giphy.gif

Jerome

What should we hitting in terms of speed at start finish line? I'm averaging 107 108 mph maybe 109.

@Spurgy 777 has probably answered this for you but as long as you are obeying track limits at all times you will be golden 👍

And we are fortunate to have some fast guys on staff. So in the event we need to know what's achievable, we just ask @PASM and @MadMax to tell us. :)

Certainly 1 MPH here or there from one of the fastest guys in the world would not be questioned. But if you can gain 2 or 3 or 4 MPH on one of those guys, we're not going to stand on the sidelines. :mischievous:

Well I should ask in regards to that last corner for this week's TT, I'm assuming most people will be cutting that corner. Meaning like 2 tires on the rumble strip at all times or pavement as you make your way from the left curb to the right curb and the other 2 tires are on the grass.

That legal for the last corner?

So again 2 tires on rumble, 2 on grass then 4 on the pavement then 2 on rumble 2 on grass. And back to 4 on all pavement to the finish line.

Well I should ask in regards to that last corner for this week's TT, I'm assuming most people will be cutting that corner. Meaning like 2 tires on the rumble strip at all times or pavement as you make your way from the left curb to the right curb and the other 2 tires are on the grass.

That legal for the last corner?

So again 2 tires on rumble, 2 on grass then 4 on the pavement then 2 on rumble 2 on grass. And back to 4 on all pavement to the finish line.
Are you planning to cheat? If not, you have nothing to worry about.

Of course, you can use the same approach through that corner as you would on a fast TT lap. What we're not going to allow is for someone to turn off the boundary penalties and make a banzai run across the grass to gain 4 or 5 MPH at the Start Finish line.

If you do that, your T1 split will probably be an outlier. And, if you do that, expect to get a DQ for your troubles.

EDK
Are you planning to cheat? If not, you have nothing to worry about.

Of course, you can use the same approach through that corner as you would on a fast TT lap. What we're not going to allow is for someone to turn off the boundary penalties and make a banzai run across the grass to gain 4 or 5 MPH at the Start Finish line.

If you do that, your T1 split will probably be an outlier. And, if you do that, expect to get a DQ for your troubles.
No I don't plan to cheat :lol: ever period. no the only reason I ask is so I'm completely clear on what's legal vs what's not. It's just a different kind of week since there's no way of prohibiting tuning kind of why I was unsure of running this week.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear there

Plus I'll be at the WW race this week :)

No I don't plan to cheat :lol: ever period. no the only reason I ask is so I'm completely clear on what's legal vs what's not. It's just a different kind of week since there's no way of prohibiting tuning kind of why I was unsure of running this week.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear there

Plus I'll be at the WW race this week :)
Right, and I realize we are sticking our necks out a bit, but with basically 3 turns, this seems to be a safe one for us to figure out if someone is trying to tip the scales in their favor.

As I said before, if we really have suspicions about someone, they can meet us in a lobby. And if they refuse, we'll just DQ the lap.

Since we don't have a lot at our disposal to work with in terms of verification, we're going to have to be more willing to just DQ laps that don't seem right.

By the way, we had a few of those along the way on GT5, and our instincts were correct and later validated when we were able to verify settings. At the time, we thought we did not have enough to go by, but with GT Sport, we're going to lean toward keeping things fair.

We run online with a lot of you guys, we know what you are capable of and who is fair.

It's unorthodox, but it's what we have, and the flip side is full blown tuning for every event, or continuously recycling the same 6 courtesy cars, which I don't think anyone really wants.

Back