GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

Discussion in 'WRS Archive' started by EDK, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Never2fast1

Never2fast1

I don't get why anyone would cheat, what do you learn then? and what fun is that? There is nothing we are racing for except fun and bragging rights, why cheat for that?

I know I have only been a part of this now for 8 weeks, but it is a blast, and I can not believe how much I have learned and improved in that time. I appreciate all the work every one puts into this so that I have somewhere fun to race. Honestly I would already be over this game if it wasn't for the WRS. I am not fast and racing online for 10th place is only fun for so long.

So thanks everyone for all that you do for these Time Trials, and I for one can say out of respect for everyone's time and effort I will always follow the rules.

:cheers:

2. DGiant2000

DGiant2000

I’d assumed that would show up at the start of the replay if you cut the turn but I guess not from this combo. I guess the old mantra of “if you’re not completely sure, bin it” applies here as always. I’ve had a few runs where I’ve got 4 wheels on that last turn before starting and just hit the reset button.... in fact I seem to be hitting the reset button an awful lot at various turns on this combo :lol:

3. Spurgy 777

Spurgy 777

I can see how that came across in a bit of an accusing way, I simply meant that people had tried it to see if it works, wouldn't actually expect anyone to submit a lap like that. :tup:

4. Nerazzurri

Nerazzurri

I tried it just to see how much difference it made (I never intended to submit the lap, I was just interested), but it ended with me having a head on collision with the pit wall so didn’t try again :lol::lol::lol:

mickyevs, Renrag39, GTP_Remo and 8 others like this.
  5. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

I wouldn't mind all tuning events :D

Jerome

quentin1974 and Iceman like this.
  6. Argon

Argon Premium

Our collective PayPal account is still taking donations...oh wait, did I just say that out loud?

7. Never2fast1

Never2fast1

I wouldn't mind tuning events either. if everyone ran the same tune. :lol:

Seriously though they are fun too, and luckily we have some great tuners who share their tunes with the non tuners like me so we can also enjoy the week. :cheers:

Andy 0, mickyevs, Renrag39 and 3 others like this.
  8. Ph1sh

Ph1sh Premium

100% agree! Absolutely! And I appreciate you doing this in terms of being suspicious of all times if anything pops out. You have too.

Like we all said it's pointless to cheat. That's what I love about the WRS environment. Very friendly and competitive. Again @EDK my questions were ment to be clearing up that last sector so I know when I submit a time that it's 100% legal.

But as we all know the WRS is great. The competitive battles and friendly riveralies for 1st to 10th to 25th and so on. It's great! I may be D1 Gold but I still have a lot of speed and Its great to be here with drivers like @Doodle and @Spurgy 777 and many more.

My bad if I came across rude when asking those questions. But thanks for clearing it all up :cheers:

Awesome times by everyone on the board so far! Going to be a close finish all over the board this week :)

mickyevs, RuddRacer, Jump_Ace and 5 others like this.
  9. giznav

giznav

no words :crazy:

10. EDK

EDK Moderator

No, not rude. And if you are asking, someone else is probably thinking the same thing.

I am just trying to answer as directly and transparently as I can, because I think you guys should know what you are dealing with.

KRDracing, DigitalBaka, Ph1sh and 2 others like this.
  11. DGiant2000

DGiant2000

Slightly slower splits but a tenth faster at the line. As an aside, the whole replay thing is so irritating, after getting my best lap, I ran a full lap and a half afterwards but even so, the replay cuts out about half a second after the time comes up. You can see it but only just, I'm really not sure what else you can do :banghead:

Argon likes this.
  12. Argon

Argon Premium

As long as the time is visible even for a moment that is fine we can catch it. It's when the replay cuts out before showing the time that's a problem :):tup:

GTP_Remo likes this.
  13. DGiant2000

DGiant2000

I hope everyone got good eyesight :lol: Thats the second one on this track thats done this to me, never had an issue before!

EDK and Argon like this.
  14. Argon

Argon Premium

If anyone has doubt they can ask me to look at the replay and as long as I can frame forward to get the time then you will be fine :cheers:

Andy 0 and Bass Addict like this.
  15. _r_p_m_

_r_p_m_

16. Turbo Racer 48

Turbo Racer 48

Midweek splits - can go faster in both sectors but still working T1 out as my finishing speed at end of lap is not yet above 100 mph - indicating time lost in T3 probably all the way back to at the hairpin in T3 exit speed........

Significant improvement at the line though versus initial splits so onwards and upwards (or should that be sideways in this case?)...........

Andy 0, RuddRacer, GTP_randy and 4 others like this.
  17. Espial

Espial

New splits after another 30 lap session today:

Left some time in T1 but gained a lot in T2 and T3, all in all .3 faster at the line.

18. Koutch_Pro

Koutch_Pro

This was amazing to do, and also, very very very frustrating sometimes. But hey, I have to start my online racing somewhere and where better then in a american classic ;).

Just submitted my time to the fetchbot and the splits are:

I guess that I am just not sensative enough towards the steering of this car in combination with the dualshock :boggled:. Settings where -5 on the braking and 3 on the tcs (thanks to a tip in this topic, helped out a lot ! )

monoha, Sjaak, RuddRacer and 8 others like this.
  19. Argon

Argon Premium

Great to have you along. This one is testing even the oldest hands but hopefully it will be a good first experience for you. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions :cheers:

Koutch_Pro likes this.
  20. routergod24

routergod24

First splits for the week

Bass Addict likes this.
  21. Iceman

Iceman Staff Emeritus

Somehow fluked a .366 in the first sector in this session that I'll probably never get close to again, kicking myself for not saving the replay :dunce:

22. Maique

Maique

Another stint .. some improvement..

Probably near to my limit.. but keep on trying...

23. billyjoebobx

billyjoebobx Premium

I finally discovered this week that I can turn off the cones, messed up many laps till I figured that one out :dopey:
    Staying in 4th gear in the first corner through T1 has really helped me, consistantly 15.5s now :cool:

Good times Y’all! :gtpflag:

24. alexamenos

alexamenos

25. Sofia Speed

Sofia Speed

Sorry!
    This is my first time trying to submit my full lap time.
    I’m doing it according to what it says on the first post but I’m receiving a message saying it’s either spam-like or contains inappropriate elements.
    I’m just putting the time as it shows.
    Is there anything I should do also?
    I don’t know if here is the right channel to ask this and I just need some light!

Thank you!

Mires and Gravitron like this.
  26. Never2fast1

Never2fast1

Wow what a session :cool:

Ran 50 laps, 8 of them faster than my previous best and I knocked a whopping .4xx off my best time.:tup:

Super excited, it was an unreal lap. Just checked it and it is all good. :D

Edit: Just realized these 2 sectors were only about .1xx faster than my previous best lap. I made all that time up on Sector 3.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  27. ColinNZ

ColinNZ

Still can't put a lap together where my first two spits are faster... I hate Miyabi (no I don't, I still have fond memories of winning a kart race at Miyabi).

So, er, is this still on track?
    5917817951375852040_0.jpg

28. RuddRacer

RuddRacer

You bet!

ColinNZ, Argon, Koutch_Pro and 2 others like this.
  29. RuddRacer

RuddRacer

Updated splits

That last sector has ruined more good laps than I care to remember!

30. Renrag39

Renrag39

Your 2 splits are irrelevant, it's the overall time that matters @ColinNZ

Gravitron likes this.