GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments
I don't get why anyone would cheat, what do you learn then? and what fun is that? There is nothing we are racing for except fun and bragging rights, why cheat for that?

I know I have only been a part of this now for 8 weeks, but it is a blast, and I can not believe how much I have learned and improved in that time. I appreciate all the work every one puts into this so that I have somewhere fun to race. Honestly I would already be over this game if it wasn't for the WRS. I am not fast and racing online for 10th place is only fun for so long.

So thanks everyone for all that you do for these Time Trials, and I for one can say out of respect for everyone's time and effort I will always follow the rules.

:cheers:

I’d assumed that would show up at the start of the replay if you cut the turn but I guess not from this combo. I guess the old mantra of “if you’re not completely sure, bin it” applies here as always. I’ve had a few runs where I’ve got 4 wheels on that last turn before starting and just hit the reset button.... in fact I seem to be hitting the reset button an awful lot at various turns on this combo :lol:

EDK
To be clear, nobody was doing anything, we just had a long time participant point out to us that this was available to exploit. We just want to be proactive, and let people know we are watching, and will not hesitate to DQ laps.

This really falls under the broader "Nothing against the spirit of the rules" that is in the standard, clean, OLR.

Just consider it a courtesy for us to let everyone know in advance vs. DQing offending laps after the fact.

If someone reads this and still does it, we'll have to carefully consider whether they even belong in our registry......

I can see how that came across in a bit of an accusing way, I simply meant that people had tried it to see if it works, wouldn't actually expect anyone to submit a lap like that. 👍

I can see how that came across in a bit of an accusing way, I simply meant that people had tried it to see if it works, wouldn't actually expect anyone to submit a lap like that. 👍
I tried it just to see how much difference it made (I never intended to submit the lap, I was just interested), but it ended with me having a head on collision with the pit wall so didn’t try again :lol::lol::lol:

EDK
Right, and I realize we are sticking our necks out a bit, but with basically 3 turns, this seems to be a safe one for us to figure out if someone is trying to tip the scales in their favor.

As I said before, if we really have suspicions about someone, they can meet us in a lobby. And if they refuse, we'll just DQ the lap.

Since we don't have a lot at our disposal to work with in terms of verification, we're going to have to be more willing to just DQ laps that don't seem right.

By the way, we had a few of those along the way on GT5, and our instincts were correct and later validated when we were able to verify settings. At the time, we thought we did not have enough to go by, but with GT Sport, we're going to lean toward keeping things fair.

We run online with a lot of you guys, we know what you are capable of and who is fair.

It's unorthodox, but it's what we have, and the flip side is full blown tuning for every event, or continuously recycling the same 6 courtesy cars, which I don't think anyone really wants.

I wouldn't mind all tuning events :D

Jerome

EDK
Right, and I realize we are sticking our necks out a bit, but with basically 3 turns, this seems to be a safe one for us to figure out if someone is trying to tip the scales in their favor.

As I said before, if we really have suspicions about someone, they can meet us in a lobby. And if they refuse, we'll just DQ the lap.

Since we don't have a lot at our disposal to work with in terms of verification, we're going to have to be more willing to just DQ laps that don't seem right.

By the way, we had a few of those along the way on GT5, and our instincts were correct and later validated when we were able to verify settings. At the time, we thought we did not have enough to go by, but with GT Sport, we're going to lean toward keeping things fair.

We run online with a lot of you guys, we know what you are capable of and who is fair.

It's unorthodox, but it's what we have, and the flip side is full blown tuning for every event, or continuously recycling the same 6 courtesy cars, which I don't think anyone really wants.
100% agree! Absolutely! And I appreciate you doing this in terms of being suspicious of all times if anything pops out. You have too.

Like we all said it's pointless to cheat. That's what I love about the WRS environment. Very friendly and competitive. Again @EDK my questions were ment to be clearing up that last sector so I know when I submit a time that it's 100% legal.

But as we all know the WRS is great. The competitive battles and friendly riveralies for 1st to 10th to 25th and so on. It's great! I may be D1 Gold but I still have a lot of speed and Its great to be here with drivers like @Doodle and @Spurgy 777 and many more.

My bad if I came across rude when asking those questions. But thanks for clearing it all up :cheers:

Awesome times by everyone on the board so far! Going to be a close finish all over the board this week :)

Like we all said it's pointless to cheat. That's what I love about the WRS environment. Very friendly and competitive. Again @EDK my questions were ment to be clearing up that last sector so I know when I submit a time that it's 100% legal.

My bad if I came across rude when asking those questions. But thanks for clearing it all up :cheers:
No, not rude. And if you are asking, someone else is probably thinking the same thing.

I am just trying to answer as directly and transparently as I can, because I think you guys should know what you are dealing with.

Slightly slower splits but a tenth faster at the line. As an aside, the whole replay thing is so irritating, after getting my best lap, I ran a full lap and a half afterwards but even so, the replay cuts out about half a second after the time comes up. You can see it but only just, I'm really not sure what else you can do :banghead:

Slightly slower splits but a tenth faster at the line. As an aside, the whole replay thing is so irritating, after getting my best lap, I ran a full lap and a half afterwards but even so, the replay cuts out about half a second after the time comes up. You can see it but only just, I'm really not sure what else you can do :banghead:

As long as the time is visible even for a moment that is fine we can catch it. It's when the replay cuts out before showing the time that's a problem :)👍

As long as the time is visible even for a moment that is fine we can catch it. It's when the replay cuts out before showing the time that's a problem :)👍

I hope everyone got good eyesight :lol: Thats the second one on this track thats done this to me, never had an issue before!

I hope everyone got good eyesight :lol: Thats the second one on this track thats done this to me, never had an issue before!

If anyone has doubt they can ask me to look at the replay and as long as I can frame forward to get the time then you will be fine :cheers:

Midweek splits - can go faster in both sectors but still working T1 out as my finishing speed at end of lap is not yet above 100 mph - indicating time lost in T3 probably all the way back to at the hairpin in T3 exit speed........

Significant improvement at the line though versus initial splits so onwards and upwards (or should that be sideways in this case?)...........

This was amazing to do, and also, very very very frustrating sometimes. But hey, I have to start my online racing somewhere and where better then in a american classic ;).

Just submitted my time to the fetchbot and the splits are:

I guess that I am just not sensative enough towards the steering of this car in combination with the dualshock :boggled:. Settings where -5 on the braking and 3 on the tcs (thanks to a tip in this topic, helped out a lot ! )

This was amazing to do, and also, very very very frustrating sometimes. But hey, I have to start my online racing somewhere and where better then in a american classic ;).

Great to have you along. This one is testing even the oldest hands but hopefully it will be a good first experience for you. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions :cheers:

Sorry!
This is my first time trying to submit my full lap time.
I’m doing it according to what it says on the first post but I’m receiving a message saying it’s either spam-like or contains inappropriate elements.
I’m just putting the time as it shows.
Is there anything I should do also?
I don’t know if here is the right channel to ask this and I just need some light!

Thank you!

Wow what a session :cool:

Ran 50 laps, 8 of them faster than my previous best and I knocked a whopping .4xx off my best time.👍

Super excited, it was an unreal lap. Just checked it and it is all good. :D

Edit: Just realized these 2 sectors were only about .1xx faster than my previous best lap. I made all that time up on Sector 3.

Last edited:
Still can't put a lap together where my first two spits are faster... I hate Miyabi (no I don't, I still have fond memories of winning a kart race at Miyabi).

So, er, is this still on track?
5917817951375852040_0.jpg

Back