GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments
My splits so far...

View attachment 707380
Going for this? I like. 👍

ch1969corvetteracer5801.jpg

Looks like I’m going to have to hit the track again, everyone has upped their game since my last submission & I’m dropping back down the leaderboard :scared:

I know. Yesterday I was 33rd at .717 off leaders, now I am 33rd and .644 off leaders. This week is one of the best so far, so tight and competitive. It will real be interesting when the week is done to see what people are getting for T3.

I know. Yesterday I was 33rd at .717 off leaders, now I am 33rd and .644 off leaders. This week is one of the best so far, so tight and competitive. It will real be interesting when the week is done to see what people are getting for T3.

T3 is going to be the real decider this week, I just hope I’m hitting it well enough to keep me up the board. The trouble with it being so close is that we know there isn’t much improvement possible if the top drivers are less than half a second ahead

T3 is going to be the real decider this week, I just hope I’m hitting it well enough to keep me up the board. The trouble with it being so close is that we know there isn’t much improvement possible if the top drivers are less than half a second ahead
Adjusted by how short the lap is, the delta from Aliens to earthlings is pretty much the same.

Finally, after trying to smash the barriers down in front of the stewards boxes after turns1 & 2, for the last hour, a slight improvement.

Incidentally, I run with Shortcut Penalty turned off . I don't "trust" it, although I've not tried to verify its accuracy.
Is it ok to have that control off?
:gtpflag:

Tried 10 laps with CS tires to try and smooth my driving out with this car and my steering and braking.

Swapped back to sport hards in a new session and improved my first sector a tad. The last section is really driving me crazy and not being consistent with getting the power down.

I am fastest in sector 1 using forward brake balance and third gear.

So tired of the replays missing final time, tossed out 5 faster laps... Yes 5. Getting to be BS this is. Come on PD , make a functional system.

Ok rant over. Back to chasing those faster laps with a good replay.

Edit: while this set of splits will drop me on the LB, its .4 quicker at the line. Figured out T3 it seems.

Replay for that last lap is no good despite running a full lap and a half after it so I am reverting to my previous best lap

Fortunately only a matter of a few hundredths difference at the line but frustrating anyway and hopefully I'll find some more time over the weekend

Replay for that last lap is no good despite running a full lap and a half after it so I am reverting to my previous best lap

Fortunately only a matter of a few hundredths difference at the line but frustrating anyway and hopefully I'll find some more time over the weekend

It seems to be a bit of an issue on this track particularly. I wonder if it’s because it’s so short.

It seems to be a bit of an issue on this track particularly. I wonder if it’s because it’s so short.

Could be but it seems so random. I just think it's a matter of luck (bad) that kicks in every once in a while and until PD fix this it's going to be annoying for everyone :grumpy:. Ah well at least it motivates me to run some more ;)

Last edited:
Back