GTP_WRS Week 84 : Tokyo Touring

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 147 comments
@RS__96__oO we are still missing some time. I've had a .458 t1 and I've also had a slower t1 but go flying past my ghost on the first straight before the double right. I know I messed up the long left and the last corner on my lap. I would say we'll be in the .6 range at t2 by Monday.

@RS__96__oO we are still missing some time. I've had a .458 t1 and I've also had a slower t1 but go flying past my ghost on the first straight before the double right. I know I messed up the long left and the last corner on my lap. I would say we'll be in the .6 range at t2 by Monday.
That's what I thought. I've had some. 4 T1's today but couldn't mach my T2... Which Setup are you using? :)

@RS__96__oO Have you altered the setup any? I think a .6 is doable for me but .5 would be out of my skill range. I couldnt find a good way to take the long left either. Shifting immediately to 3rd slows the car to much and leaving in 4th pushes to far wide.. maybe a second or two delay in the down shift with no brakes would put me on a good exit?? That how you take it?

Looks like I'm slipping down the leaderboard now! At least I can console myself with the fact that, for a few hours at least, I was leading Division 2.....admittedly, I was having vertigo from being so high up so am feeling better now normal order has been restored :lol: DIdn't manage any improvement in my run yesterday...did go half a tenth quicker but just brushed the wall in sector 1. Spent most of my time tinkering with the setup without any real gain and just ended up confusing myself entirely as I now have two completely different setups which are both yielding the same time within a tenth :confused:

The setup I had been using (the one I set my current fastest lap with) is quite a soft setup with quite high spring rate etc, then tried using the ultra stiff one everyone else has been using which feels faster but more difficult to control....I can go through the first sector quicker and managed a .1 (previous best was a .2) but then I struggle with the middle sector...my other setup is a lot more settled and stable and the car is easier to control but I can't navigate the esses as well. Guess I'll just have to keep tweaking both and see what happens....I may have a try with manual shifting at some point as I have got to the point now where I can navigate most laps without hitting the wall (well, except when I get frustrated and then start hitting the wall on every other corner :banghead: ). Whether I can manage to improve my time in the rest of the week is debatable...I an about 3 tenths off my theoretical best split time so there is definitely time there if I can find it

@RS__96__oO Have you altered the setup any? I think a .6 is doable for me but .5 would be out of my skill range. I couldnt find a good way to take the long left either. Shifting immediately to 3rd slows the car to much and leaving in 4th pushes to far wide.. maybe a second or two delay in the down shift with no brakes would put me on a good exit?? That how you take it?
It's the same setup I posted, except for the ride height of 100/70 and Downforce of 350/430 :)
How did you setup your tranny? I did the tranny trick and set final gear to 3.300, which gives me a good range to drive in 3rd gear, so that I am in 4th before going into that long left hander. I try to aim for that inside curb and as I hit it, I initially start trail braking and shifting down to 3rd; then a little throttle input to let the car run wide and then I play around with throttle, about 80-90% input until the car is stabilized, then accelerate out.

I hope that helps you :scared::lol:

What type of speed are you managing through the long corner? I'm getting about 100mph on a good run and i feel like that's where i'm losing the most time in second sector.

I'm also going for a late apex on the corner before that, do you think that's the wrong approach?

What type of speed are you managing through the long corner? I'm getting about 100mph on a good run and i feel like that's where i'm losing the most time in second sector.

I'm also going for a late apex on the corner before that, do you think that's the wrong approach?
Always a late apex for the right hander before 👍 I'm scrubbing speed down to 150 km/h (93mp/h) until I start to accelerate out again, early apex for the long left only to run wide in the middle of the corner and then to come back again apexing the exit of the corner with full throttle.

Spent a long time trying to beat my TT for this week for a long time, and finally did! Improving a little each sector but gained a lot at the line with my awful T3. This should do it for me this week unless I get motivated to give it another go.

1'16.534

-- Submitted and Accepted :D

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back