GTP_WRS Week 84 : Tokyo Touring

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 147 comments
What type of speed are you managing through the long corner? I'm getting about 100mph on a good run and i feel like that's where i'm losing the most time in second sector.

I'm also going for a late apex on the corner before that, do you think that's the wrong approach?

I generally manage 100-105 through that corner....it just depends how frantically I press the accelerate button.

After confusing myself with having 2 completely different setups, I decided to follow the "fast is loose" rule and go with the general setup everyone here is using...various tweaks ended with a toe of -0.25/-0.10 if memory serves....still got rear downforce at about 550, ride height about 90/75 or thereabouts. Was a pretty good session as I managed o set new PBs in all sectors which was surprising as I didn't think I could improve my final sector....now if I could just do them all in one lap, I'd be delighted!

Still, managed to improve my lap time slightly for the first time in 2 days by being 2 tenths quicker at the split but had a final sector....a few laps later, went through the split 2 tenths slower and nailed sector 3 to gain 2 tenths at the line. Am 4 tenths off my theoretical best split time so plenty of work still to do:

S1: 38.256
S2: 1:17.623

As usual, a late start at this combo. Massive amounts of fun to be had with this one, and after quite a few set up changes my first session delivered these splits,

1'16.788

My set up,

62/75
8.81/9.52
1/1
1/1
4/7
0.0/0.2
-0.08/-0.01
5/6

350/498
8kg
50%

Another day, another session spent honing.....was about to give up having gained a tenth and a bit and getting a bit frustrated but decided to have one more run so took a deep breath and ran a poor lap. Next lap was an average first sector followed by a personal best sector 2 and a personal best sector 3 for an almost unbelieveable 3 and a half tenths at the line :eek: If only I could manage to get my sector 1 time close to my PB (tenth and a half quicker), then I'd be very happy but I don't seem able to for some reason...I am probably losing it in the first corner somehow. Anyway, to have a half second improvement at this stage of the week is extremely good so I can't really complain....it will be interesting to see times for the final sector when it's over as I am hoping mine is competitive

S1: 38.210
S2: 1:17.177

OK, so I finally got all the updates installed and restored my save. Gave this a whirl for the first time, of coarse I'm a bit behind, but I think I have a decent camber laden setup.

100/70
9.52/9.52
1/1
4/4
4/4
0.3/1.5
-0.05/-0.10
bb 5/4
df 350/410

Max speed 143. Final4.000(I think)
Final 2.500

I've been shifting at about 7700 rpm.

I see that the new tt is up early so I'll probably move to that one since my time is very limited on this one, and I always have a hard time with this track. Good luck all.

The Fetchy leaderboard is acting weird again, apparently GTP_Eternal is leading with like 1 second sector times? Anyone else see this?

Most people don't seem to think so. I think it's been fixed for a while now. I use it for my times in the seasonals, and can keep up pretty well, so it seems to work for me.

I think that's a reason for me to test that MoTec export stuff and compare the speeds at certain points of the track. Not for this combo though.Wont find enough time to get it done, but as a personal project for the next weeks i'll try to figure out if camber works again.

Noob question but why is everyone setting their spring rates to the minimum?

edit: think I've realised the answer it's because the tyres cant handle them being any stiffer

Last edited:
I decided that my limit had been reached at least three times already on this one, it keeps teasing me, on this lap T3 was rubbish. So once more
. .

1:17.153

Decided to have 'one more go', and it showed me some splits that are trying to lure me into more

1:17.067

Back