GTP_WRS Week 9 : Arigatou Mr Stephenson

• Thread starter Argon
  • 362 comments
Last one for today...

Faster in 1 and 3, slower in 2 (got a little tail happy under the bridge). Shaved 8 tenths at the line. Headed in the right direction.

I will post my tune I am using when I get home from work tomorrow (if anyone is interested). Shut PS4 off and forgot to write it down :banghead:

Last edited:

Keep understeering at Spoon 2, costing me time down the back straight.

Tune:
Iceman's transmission as base, dropped final gear to 3.229, and moved the first 3 gears all the way left (more traction in slow corners).
Shoenboggie's suspension with RH 2.8/3.7 for better stability.
LSD 10/25/10
BB 2 for the 1st corner, -1 for the rest of the lap.

Last edited:
First session and still a lot to learn

Spoon is the fast left at the end. The rights are Degner.

Spoon is the double left before the back straight, the fast left at the is 130 R.

Trying to convince my boss to let us out early so I can start on week 9, the snow has crippled Minneapolis now and it is only going to get worse.

Because Spring and Fall are the greatest. I don't mind the snow, or anything above 30, it is the week or two of below zero that gets me every year, I want to move out west to the mountains, where it snows but melts in a couple days. Too warm for me in the south.

I lived in Minneapolis for a couple of years and I think they have enough snow plows to deal with any amount of snow that may fall. What got me the first year there was the two weeks where the high was minus 20! Also didn't care too much for the state bird (mosquito). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big improvement this morning, though I’m certain there is still at least a second overall to take off my lap time. T3/4 still need a lot of work as I lost loads of time there.

Here's my quick livery, plenty GtPlanet logo's on it :D. Haven't gave the car a spin, but this time trial is a good reason to buy the car:lol:.

7215413193202501120_23.jpg

Will try (quite hard) to gain a position or two/three/four in this challenge. Thanks btw for organizing !

If one of the lead drivers wants to post a sector one guide I'll gladly take this down but thought that it might help some with an approach to sector one and is the one currently posted in the leaderboard.

Edit: probably should add that I'm running @Iceman 's tune with a stock gearbox in this replay

Last edited:
Another quick 5 lap run, not including the ones I aborted cos I messed up the first turn. So frustrating! Nice improvement though. Just need to get consistent on the first corner.

I feel your pain. I ran quick 5 laps this morning before work and on my last I was 3 seconds ahead of my previous best and locked up the brakes before the final chicane and went off into the run off.......:banghead:

Now all I want to do is go home and give it another go.:D

Back