GTP_WRS Week 9 : Arigatou Mr Stephenson

• Thread starter Argon
  • 362 comments

Great combo but seeing the times on the leaderboard,it will be a tough week to be competitive.:scared:
Used Kevin's tune with stock gears,good for a 1.5 second improvement.:)

Used @Icemans tune, first lap didn't change anything, then frustratingly made a couple of seconds per lap improvement but one dirty corner each lap...finally got a clean lap in while seconds in front of the ghost.

When I diligently viewed my replay to make sure I was clean - even though I followed the ghost for a lap doing the same - I realised how much worse for wear chrome paint becomes after hitting the walls a few times...

Had a couple of sessions today, as I could not race in the FIA races due to the PSN being down.

After countless tries, retries, re-retries and a LOT of swearing, I finally was able to put together a lap. I'm very happy with T1, T2 is ok, T3 is real nice but I slightly missed the last chicane in T4. I kept it clean... barely and still achieved .4s at the line.

I'm not a big fan of MR cars,but in GTS they seem a lot easier to handle compared to the other series.
Had a quicker lap but wasn't able to save due to server 🤬 this evening over here.
More to come :lol:
:cheers:

I'm not a big fan of MR cars,but in GTS they seem a lot easier to handle compared to the other series.
Had a quicker lap but wasn't able to save due to server 🤬 this evening over here.
More to come :lol:
:cheers:

MR is such a mixed bag! Very polarising car - people generally love it or hate it.

The ability to turn the nose mid corner is what I had thought was signature about MR! I spent some time in the NSX in an earlier GT, determined to try to understand the difference - not realising the NSX was MR, but feeling how very different it was to drive - I thought it was just a unique NSX turning behaviour for a while.

You really have to nail the entry speed to some of these corners, especially the s bends, you need to keep throttle on to turn the nose - so if come in too hot, easing off or braking just makes it worse and causes understeer. Well it does for me anyway!

I just can't get round degnar/ the 90degree right hander in 3rd - i end up with oversteer if on throttle, or understeer and sliding sideways off the track without throttle. I nail it every time in 2nd, if a bit slower.

I'm still not happy with the spoon, I feel too slow early/ mid corner, but any faster causes a huge loss of speed down the straight.

I am getting close to my limit on 130R, this bend feels great to nail and use the whole track to the ripple strip! I was starting to turn too late for a long time making it slow, but trying to cut the corner makes it perfect! My first few laps of nailing this caused me to either overshoot the ripple strip or need me to make an earlier braking point for the last chicane. I had a few frustrating laps that I nailed the whole lap in front of my ghost then overshoot the chicane!

So much for theory though, I need to spend some more time behind the wheel (tilt steer on DS4 actually) and I might see my times coming down further...

Switched from Iceman to EDK tune. Still struggling. Finally decided to try to tweak a couple things to fit my slow driving style. Boom first lap and knocked almost 3 seconds off 1st lap. Need a good hour long session to knock some time off.

Still a real long way to go but heading in right direction

Urge to kill rising... Losing too many laps to cutting Degner I because I can't do anything reliably, always after a good sector 1, all those 35.1s see flawless perfect Degner. Trying to do most of my running early this week before more heat makes it impossible to drive without being massively uncomfortable. Not sure if I'll get another session after the weekend. For now just have to keep throwing the car at the track waiting for it to stick, but when it does hook up for a sector boy is it lovely.

What a great track, it's funny to me how different it looks from how I remember it in prologue :dopey:
Using Ice's tune with stock transmission, I think I might prefer the stock gears 👍

Back