• PP: 623
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing Hard (stock)
  • Driving Line Optional
  • Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Allowed. All adjustable parts are tunable - Suspension, Transmission, Drivetrain (Drive Shaft & Center Diff upgrades allowed), Downforce and Ballast included. No Power parts allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional
  • Custom Wheels & Paint: Optional

Course Settings:
  • Time: N/A
  • Weather: N/A
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

full

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • Red and White rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.
  • Out of Bounds Surfaces include the brown/red cobble sections found next to or behind rumbles. They are a hard surface, but they are not track.

Steward's Comments:

Time for another tuning combo. :mischievous: We considered @GTP_Patrick1's GT-R against @mcsqueegy's Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, and decided on safe. :scared:

Good luck all! :cheers:

full

Viewing your Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual split times, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.

Thread rules:
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion

full

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 99 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

full

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
I would like an official answer to this question. The OP is a little ambiguous. If they are allowed it means I have wasted my first few laps smoking the tyres like crazy on a 50/50 split
I ran with and without parts, and it feels identical to me. I'm guessing that the stock center diff is set around 30/70 because that's where the upgrade is set by default and it feels the same. I'm running without parts for now just to be safe, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Having said that, someone will probably have a setup where it makes a huge difference. :)

Here's my tune, no idea if it's any good, I'm not crazy about 4wd cars so I don't have much experience messing with them.

80/70
16.22/15.06
2/2
6/6
3/3
1.0/0.0
-0.05/-0.30
bb 4/7

Set max to 130
Final 2500

Diff 7/14/5
7/20/5

df 300/375

1'05.884

Still work to do, and I'm curious how far behind I'll be when the aliens show up

One fantastic WRS combo. Finally time to partake after many very busy RL weeks.
Great tune that Rotorist passed on 👍 totally different feel from the standard car.
Probably crappy splits but don't care :)

1'08.990

Good work Grav!

Tuning to me is an essential part of racecraft. Being able to extract the most out of a car can win a race or lose it. It can't always be man vs. machine but more man & machine y'know? This combo should be fun! For those who can't tune really well, there are many resources at your disposal including some tunes other WRSers will post here.

I don't mind the tuning part, but I've always hated this track in its reverse layout.

I'll still give it a shot when I get time, at least I'll get a class win out of it.:lol:

Tuning to me is an essential part of racecraft. Being able to extract the most out of a car can win a race or lose it. It can't always be man vs. machine but more man & machine y'know? This combo should be fun! For those who can't tune really well, there are many resources at your disposal including some tunes other WRSers will post here.
While I can't argue that how a car is set up (tuning) is part of the craft of racing, as I've understood the term "racecraft", it refers to a driver's decisions, skill and demeanor while on track, at speed or not, with other drivers around. Being able to extract the most out of car, tuned or not is part of what I would call racecraft.

Bottom line in any event is, fast drivers are still gonna be fast, no matter whether a car is tuned or not. The difference is, a driver can be fast with any car, doesn't mean they know how to make a car faster. Yes, I know, there are all kinds of tunes to try, both posted here, from those doing this TT, and from the GTP Tune database. Tuning a car requires a certain investment of time, no matter how or where you get a tune.

I have tomorrow off and I might just spend the day farting around with this combo. Thinking about running 40 or so laps with it bone stock, to get a starting average, then start tweaking the transfer case, diff, transmission and aero, in that order, and see where it takes me. Grand Valley and I usually get along really well so, it's a good track for me to fart around with. Crap! Probably gonna need 4-5 different worksheets for this project. Woohoo!.

If I didn't have the day off however, I probably would do the same as Vitessekid, and let this one go.

edit: "SpringCompressionRear setting is invalid" ???
I'd deeply appreciate if I could sort this shortly.

Last edited:
Finding it hard to get into this combo.. may not run again as progress in minamal.. if at all.. Did lock up at last hairpin.. and again at the last corner.. so lost a lillte time..

0'34.950
1'07.500

Last edited:
1'06.224

Still lots of time to find I think.

Tune I am using combination of Mini Stiggy, Praiano, and then some of my changes. Going to try some others, but this one felt good to me. Turn 1, I am touching brakes and not downshfting. Last turn undecided between 2nd or 3rd. For a high powered car, it is fairly easy to drive.

RH 90 70
Springs MIn Min
Comp 1 1
Extension 1 1
ARB 7 7
NO camber
Toe -.10 -.02

BB 8 7
Drive Train
5 15
25 35
5 15

Diff 50 50

Tranny Final far right then top speed far left
1. 2.826
2. 2.072
3. 1.695
5. 1.197
6. 1.052
Final 3.565

Aero Front 350 Rear 510

Edit A few changes to the previous tune.

Last edited:
1'06.234

Kinda getting used to the track, did a few tweaks here and there that did a little well, Praiano's tune was a good starting point. I'm still trying to work on how to make the car hold the line in the first tunnel, really feel like I'm losing time there.

I've got a lot to learn this week since I don't have much (if any) experience with the full version in reverse. I'm glad the car is quite enjoyable to drive. 👍

Thanks @Cats_PJs & @GTP_Patrick1 for posting your setups. :cheers:

I've used both setups with success but settled on Patrick's at the moment because I'm much more consistent with it. (in the right hands Cat's PJ's may be faster but currently not in mine)

Initial splits

1'06.450

Back