GTP_WRS Week 99 : GT-R Done!

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 131 comments
Only ran laps with the car completely stock yesterday to remind myself what it is like to know what needs working on. Started today with the priaino tune and improved a lot....messed around with a few settings but, apart from the odd PB sector couldn't improve my overall time. Got bored of that and had a go with Cat's tune...went a tenth quicker on the first lap despite it being a very messy lap (half second off my best in the middle of the lap)....ran another 4 laps and, while I didn't improve my overall time, I did set much faster pbs in sectors 1 and 3. The tune has potential but will need some taming for the twisty bits as I am losing massive time there.

S1: 34.900
S2: 1:07.433

Crud
Set up some tune sheets last night and forgot I'd left it on the transfer case tune. Ran off 15 laps with the CDS installed and the transfer case set at 10:90.

1'07.865

All else was stock but now I gotta take that TDCD and DS off and run off some more. Meant to get stock reference laps first. Dang it all anyway.

Anyone know what the stock transfer case is set to for torque split? The in game settings just show it at --:--

@Dragonwhisky The Torque Split is set to 30:70 when you first buy the diff so I assume that is what it is as default
Maybe. Car felt much different with the stock transfer case, especially in turns 5 and 6. At least until I learned more how to drive it. Of course, I did set the adjustable CD at 10:90 right from the get go, so maybe that was the difference I noted. Once I got used to the stock tune however, I knocked out a best lap, a tenth and a half faster.

Bone Stock.
1'08.842

Probably just me getting more used to the car on this track.
Think I might go fiddle with the transmission now. See what that gets me. Stock 5th is a dog (comparatively speaking) unless you really wind out 4th. Otherwise, this thing is a rocket once you get the front end squared away and gnawing the road. Those twin turbos really make the mid range pull.

Thanks Richard!
I guess it was t1 here - managed to hold it above 230km/h with a good exit. In the tunnel I miss a constant timing as well - I enter fast, go wide, reduce quite a lot of speed and short shift to 4th. Then eyes closed and hope not to hit the barrier at the exit :odd:
For today I had only fairly bad t2s in my good laps.

Here's the tune I used:
80/70
min springs
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
-0.06/-0.08
BB 2/6

tranny:
initial top speed:min; final:max

final:3.550

LSD
front: 5/40/15
rear: 8/18/5

Diff:30:70 (untouched yet)

DF: 350/350

:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: :confused::confused::confused:

Submission for week 99 is REJECTED!

Errors:
SpringCompressionRear setting is invalid

Please make sure to attach a valid Gran Turismo replay, as described on the forums.

You can create a new conversation with the attached replay(s)

Is that ok?

Sorry for that, Fetchy shouldn't be looking at that setting. Won't be able to fix it till after work.

Errors:

Please make sure to attach a valid Gran Turismo replay, as described on the forums.

Is that ok?

Sorry for that, Fetchy shouldn't be looking at that setting. Won't be able to fix it till after work.

My test replay was accepted :confused:

Your time of "x'xx.xxx" for week 99 has been accepted.

It's painfully apparent I have no idea wtf I'm doing in the tuning sheets.

1'07.682

After diddling the tranny 4-5 different settings a grand total of less than 2 tenths improvement.

Got sidetracked this afternoon and have run out of time to fiddle more. Reckon I'll snatch @Meister Fetz ' tune and see what I can do with it.

Thanks Richard!
I guess it was t1 here - managed to hold it above 230km/h with a good exit. In the tunnel I miss a constant timing as well - I enter fast, go wide, reduce quite a lot of speed and short shift to 4th. Then eyes closed and hope not to hit the barrier at the exit :odd:
For today I had only fairly bad t2s in my good laps.

Here's the tune I used:
80/70
min springs
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
-0.06/-0.08
BB 2/6

tranny:
initial top speed:min; final:max

final:3.550

LSD
front: 5/40/15
rear: 8/18/5

Diff:30:70 (untouched yet)

DF: 350/350

ERM A GERD!

This is what happens when someone who knows what they're about with those tuning sheets, fesses 'em up to a ooman bean such as myself. Dunno what they're feeding you folks over there in Austria but :bowdown: and :cheers: for sharing.

The car rotates off throttle and under braking so beautifully:drool:. If it starts to rotate more than you want it to, just get off the brake and/or feed it some go fast. In most cases a little dab'll do ya. I didn't have the :crazy: cojones to run through turn 1 at more than about 138mph regularly, think I made it through once at 141, but I got close to that 33.

I may have another go at this Saturday or Sunday but, if I don't, I'm fairly happy with the company these splits put me with. Well, at least until the rest of the WRS gets their mitts on this tune and run me down the board.:nervous:

Only 3 tenths off my theoretical best.

1'05.967

1.7 faster than my previous splits and even more at the line.

Again, hats of :@:Meister Fetz for the magic, er, I mean science. :D:D

Errors:

Is that ok?
OK, Fetchy's fixed, can you try to submit that replay?

Thanks for the tune @Meister Fetz ..the only one that improved my time today despite trying 3 different ones. Adjusted the brake balance slightly so it is more to my liking but, other than that, it remains unchanged for now..theoretical best is a high 5 with more time there:

S1: 34.283
S2: 1:06.016

Oh, yeah...Ollie? It's your turn now :D

Back