GTP_WRS Week 99 : GT-R Done!

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 131 comments
That happened 5 laps after restoring the PS3 to fabric settings and formatting and restoring the HDD :confused: I had reason to belief there's something wrong and I think I was right...

1'05.022
@Ph1sher :D
around .25 left up to t2 in theory.

I stayed on my 1st tune - no tweaks. I spend quiet some time to find it and it's pretty perfect for my driving so I'm not too surprised I didn't change it.
So restoring the PS3 makes you faster? I gotta try that :D

Final splits submitted, I'm out of time.

1'05.560

I had a slightly faster lap that was very close to being dirty but I did not submit it because I did not want to put anyone through the process to verify it (incase it got flagged for review). I made considerable improvement this week by finally spending some time to learn this track in its reverse layout.

Thanks to @Meister Fetz and the others for sharing their setups. 👍

Good luck to all.

Well, after @nursemorph suggesting that I may want to try a different tune, I decided to give @Meister Fetz's tune another go. I found the turn in to be lovely, but couldn't get around the corners when I mashed the gas, so after some tinkering I came up with my final tune, which seems about perfect to me. So here it is...

MeisterFetz Tune EXTREME TOE EDITION (among other things)

85/70
16.22/7.86
1/1
1/1
7/7
0.0/0.3
-0.06/-0.50
bb 3/7

My gears, because I am too lazy to change them.

Diff f 5/31/11
r 8/18/6
Aero 350/300

1'05.033

Unfortunately I didn't get the tune right until I was almost out of time so there's about three tenths still out there. Had a .65x t1 with this tune and on this lap I bounced off the limiter in t3 but, what can you do.

Submitted and accepted, good luck everyone.

Last edited:
@Cats_PJs Good to see you gave Fetz's tune a try and improved with it...I had a feeling you might 👍

Had one final go today. Having tried several set-ups incorporating minimum rear downforce which was potentially quicker but beyond my skill levels, I went back to Fetz's base tune and tweaked again...went with RH 90/70, TOE -0.10/-0.08, BB 2/6. While I didn't manage to improve my time (the PB final sector in my best lap was too good), I did manage to get 4 laps within half a tenth of my best time....the 90 front ride height made the car much more responsive but I just couldn't get the whole lap together, despite being up on my ghost at S2 several times.

Disappointing that I couldn't improve as the tweaks I made were quicker but, overall, I can't really complain as I have ended up only 2 1/2 tenths off my theoretical best. I ended up using auto shifting this week as I was planning to get the tune sorted first and then run manual gears but ran out of time and I'm not sure it would have made much difference.

Good luck to anyone still running

Back