GTP_WRS Week 99 : GT-R Done!

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 131 comments
For once, I have to say that Praiano's tune isn't that good with this car on this track...comparing it with Meister Fetz's tune ...

Yes, Dave, definitely better, thanks also for the 4/6 bb tip, it is working on me.
Praiano wise his tune also had a difference in ballast and its position given the also different power parts. It was not the original recipe after all.
Thanks to this week tuners. :cheers:

Last edited:
1'05.235

Missing about .1 in t2. I'll give it one more go tomorrow.

No idea where I'm losing so much through t2, it feels pretty decent but clearly I'm missing the fast line somewhere.

@Cats_PJs I would say it's probably the tricky tight section between the final tunnel and the sector split...how you drive that section is very dependent on car set-up. I managed a .4 in sector 2 earlier though not sure how I managed it mind!

Forgot again, here's the extra changes I made to the Fetz's tune, over and above what I listed yesterday:

ARB: 5/7
TOE: -0.20/-0.08
B/B: 2/7

@Cats_PJs I would say it's probably the tricky tight section between the final tunnel and the sector split...how you drive that section is very dependent on car set-up. I managed a .4 in sector 2 earlier though not sure how I managed it mind!

Forgot again, here's the extra changes I made to the Fetz's tune, over and above what I listed yesterday:

ARB: 5/7
TOE: -0.20/-0.08
B/B: 2/7
I think that's probably the majority of it. I just wish I could figure out how to do it. I think @RS__96__oO is using my tune as a base, so I'm sure our time difference just comes down to skill and knowhow.

I think that's probably the majority of it. I just wish I could figure out how to do it. I think @RS__96__oO is using my tune as a base, so I'm sure our time difference just comes down to skill and knowhow.

Looking at the tunes both you and RS posted during the week, the biggest difference, as far as I can tell, is the diff settings (though it's difficult to tell as you didn't list what you were using when you posted the tune). Assuming you are using 50/50 or close to it is probably the biggest cause of it....this car is much quicker when run as a RWD car rather than 4WD as it has severe understeer from the start and having too much drive through the front just makes it harder, especially in the tightness of sector 2. I'm obviously using a somewhat different tune but generally running full front downforce, (350 as opposed to the 300 on your original tune), minimal rear, rearwards diff and plenty of negative TOE should make the car turn much better. Apologies if I am stating the obvious and you have already done all these but that's just what I can see.

May I suggest trying another tune? It may be that you find one which feels natural to you. Personally, I have tried all 6 tunes listed in this thread this week and only one of them (Meister Fetz's) has felt right for me which, combined with the tweaks I made to it, have got me times that are pretty much at my top limit. In case you, or anyone else is interested, I'll post the full Meister Fetz Nursemorph Tweaked tune (I actually want to know what better drivers than me think of it anyway) to save looking through pages:

80/70
Minimum on Both
1/1
1/1
5/7
0/0
-0.20/-0.08

BB 2/7

LSD:

5/8
40/18
5/5

Gears:

Usual Max Final, Minimum speed

1 - 2.826
2 - 2.072
3 - 1.655
4 - 1.375
5 - 1.200
6 - 1.045
FG - 3.550

Diff: 30/70

D/F: 350/350

I should add that my current theoretical best sector 2 split is a .4 with this tune....bearing in mind that I am using a DS3 with x and square for accel/brake and my limited skill, I don't see why a sub 5 isn't possible with it

Last edited:
When you are looking for the limit......

IMG_20151212_184304.jpg

This can happen. Anyway it was my best lap

Made some changes to the gears, forgot them, reset to default and moved top speed to 174mph.
Whatever changes I make though its been a struggle (for me) getting through the first tunnel with the d-pad

1:06.075

Sector 2 is a bugger... Which adjustment gives more on-power steering?

It can depend on what tune you are using and the characteristics of it..however, generally, the adjustment with the biggest effect is usually adding more front negative TOE. Have a look at my post (2 above yours) and the first paragraph as I went through what helps this car with turn-in....while this car is an excellent car (in my top 5 favourites), it does have severe inherent understeer which takes significant tuning to dial out...sector 2 really is the sector that will show how good a tune on this car is

I've struggled with this one though. Where @nursemorph says he excells with a tuning combo ,I don't..

I don't know about excelling! I do tend to do better at tuning events for some unknown reason, whereas I am generally pitiful in non-tuning ones. It's interesting you say you've struggled on this one and don't excel at them as, looking at the splits leaderboard, you are 3rd in D1 and possibly on for your best ever result in D1! If only I could be that quick when I was excelling, never mind struggling :lol:

That happened 5 laps after restoring the PS3 to fabric settings and formatting and restoring the HDD :confused: I had reason to belief there's something wrong and I think I was right...

1'05.022
@Ph1sher :D
around .25 left up to t2 in theory.

I stayed on my 1st tune - no tweaks. I spend quiet some time to find it and it's pretty perfect for my driving so I'm not too surprised I didn't change it.

I took the transmission, downforce, and LSD from the master's tuning, which really make a difference even for me:

1'07.026

I played around with the suspension settings afterwards, but here I missed to gain any improvement.

The tune I've ended up with is the @Meister Fetz 's with these changes

Sus
F Damp/Com 2 (planning on putting this back to 1 for tire wear during the race)
Toe -0.04/-0.04
BB 6/4

Gears
2nd - 2.098
3rd - 1.360
Final - 3.606

Lsd -f- 5/10/5
-r- 8/16/5
Diff 25:75

R-downforce 378 (going to keep droping this until it starts to feel bad)

certainly my last post

1'06.700

small improvement on the splits, but big improvement on the overall lap which is actually beyond my theoretical best now ;)

I did some changes in the suspension, but I don't think that this added value (e.g.my height is now 80/60) - I think the more I drive the more I find out what is possible

Back