GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

View attachment 124644 View attachment 124645 View attachment 124646 View attachment 124646 View attachment 124645 View attachment 124644 View attachment 124644 View attachment 124645 View attachment 124646 Here are the promised pics of my setup, sorry for poor quality :D

View attachment 124644 View attachment 124646
View attachment 124645

Excuse the mess of the wires and the Christmas penguin behind the TV which I still haven't put in the loft :lol:

Not even sure I posted this right :dopey:

I'd say not :P can't see any of the pics don't even know what you did there.

Sorry, hopefully corrected now :dopey:

I am terrible when it comes to adding pics or videos, never seem to get it right :lol:

I actually had it right then decided to mess about with other settings then it all went downhill from there

Today I somehow stumbled upon this mysterious box...

IMG_0130.JPG

I decided to buy a G27 as an early birthday present to myself. :)

IMG_0144.JPG

I've had a little go on it, and I'm liking it so far; it feels considerably better-made than the DFGT, particularly the pedals. I've also tried using the gearstick and clutch, which really takes some getting used to especially since GT6 suffers from "missed gear syndrome", but it is rewarding when I get it right.

In the top photo you can also see my old DFGT in its box (currently up for auction on eBay), which happened to be my birthday present three years ago.

Here's mine.
Thinking off upgrading at least the wheel and pedals.
Do people hit a limit with something like a dgft?
Like, for example, @Doodle and @cargoratt if you used a g27 and then a dgft, do you think you would he slower with it,?
Well, attempting to upload my set up now.

Attachments

• 20140428_205605.jpg
    20140428_205605.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 137
Here's where all the magic happens. No expense spared :embarrassed:

BenQ 2450HM 5ms response monitor
Couch found on the curb
Some small table stand thing i found in the basement
Coffee table with spit bottle
Crappy laptop that's missing half the keys
a wife that doesn't dust and kids with sticky fingers who love to touch my screen.

Don't be jealous.
2014-05-05_18-25-57_360.jpg

It also depends on how far you are from the screen. I got a 27" but it's right behind my steering wheel. My TV on the wall (15ft away) would have to be 85" to cover the same field of view.

Hey Guys,

As I'm new to GTP I thought it would be a good time to step up my game and trade my DS3 for a wheel. But the problem was I'm a student with no money. Luckily GTP_PASM borrowed me his 2nd wheel (dfp). Second problem although I'm a student I dont have a desk in my room. I have a strong philosophy about doing school work at school and when I'm in my room I just want it to be more like a living room so I can have a couple:cheers: with my mates. So the coffee table is to thick to mount the wheel so I went out shopping in our house a found this lovely drawer cabinet so I claimed it en got rid of the drawers.

So here is my 0 dollar/pound/euro solution.View attachment 117323

Well this was my old setup but since than I've quite improved on that! I live in a studenthouse and we have one completely windowless room. We wanted to build a home cinema. Which normally ain't cheap. But here's how we did it. We scavenged on a website called marktplaats.nl(sort of craigslist) and found a HD beamer for 50 euros, a 5.1 home cinema set for 30 euro and we spend 40 euros on a dvd and a vcr player and another 10 on cables wiring and that sort of thing. We're living here with 5 students. so we got it done for 26 euro's en 2 days of work each and it's been money well spend we watch a lot of movies there almost every night ( WK was awesome) and when were not watching movies well..... GT6!!! I can't describe how Awesome it is to have this at home!!! WOW!!! This makes it double the fun but it had an other advantage. I can use a stable table en a comfy chair to race in. Whilst sitting next to fridge for a "mental pitstop :cheers:" And last but not least I made an upgrade to my pedal so I can be more precise.

20140715_152137.jpg 20140715_152143.jpg 20140715_152152.jpg 20140715_152703.jpg
20140529_163641.jpg 20140608_122246.jpg
20140715_152159.jpg

This is when we had an simulator evening from a kartclub(S.K.V a la kart) were I and Bart @PASM are members of. Bart brought his G27 and we had a great night!
20140528_195648.jpg 20140528_195706.jpg

Well this is the end of my update. I'm off racing:gtpflag:

:cheers:
Cheers,

Kevin

Last edited:
Here is my setup:
image.jpg
I should probably clean my room.

But my recent issue is that after 10 min of driving, my force feedback starts to go away. So that was interesting doing the Spyker race yesterday with very little FFB:scared:. To try and fix it, I have done this:
image.jpg
Yes. I have duct taped an air conditioner to my wheel. I'm trying to get some cool air into the vents. This seems the have slightly helped, but I have just contacted Fanatec, and I'm waiting for a response.

Here is my setup:
View attachment 196148
I should probably clean my room.

But my recent issue is that after 10 min of driving, my force feedback starts to go away. So that was interesting doing the Spyker race yesterday with very little FFB:scared:. To try and fix it, I have done this:
View attachment 196149
Yes. I have duct taped an air conditioner to my wheel. I'm trying to get some cool air into the vents. This seems the have slightly helped, but I have just contacted Fanatec, and I'm waiting for a response.
Very nice! Is the seat comfortable? Racing seats don't generally look comfortable... I sat in a Focus and Fiesta ST with the Recaro seat option, they were very snug!

Saying things like this will only make you enemies you know...:D
:P

-------------
Back to the air conditioner;
I just did about 30 min of driving like a mad as fast as I could the whole time in the Lotus F1 seasonal, and the FFB is down a little, but not as much as before :dopey:

:P

-------------
Back to the air conditioner;
I just did about 30 min of driving like a mad as fast as I could the whole time in the Lotus F1 seasonal, and the FFB is down a little, but not as much as before :dopey:
That is good! :) I agree with what you said earlier about the DFGT pedals... they are pretty bad. I am actually happy with my G27.

CSR. The cheapest. They came with the combo(Seat+GT3 Wheel+CSR Pedals).
Oh alright. I bought the CSR Elite, someone told me that they are better than the standard and he got them. There was no Seat combo when I checked the website to order my wheel (for EU at least) so I decided to buy wheel + pedals separately.

Oh alright. I bought the CSR Elite, someone told me that they are better than the standard and he got them. There was no Seat combo when I checked the website to order my wheel (for EU at least) so I decided to buy wheel + pedals separately.
Must be regional because I just checked, and it's still there.

So after 6 months of having my brother moan and moan he can't play gt6 properly and compete with me because of space issues I built him a quick setup within a hour using a old stand I had and my old g27
image.jpg

I'd like to see him moan now

Back