GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

Discussion in 'GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials' started by Energizerrr, Nov 30, 2011.

1. skyline1683

skyline1683

And he still won't beat me either but as the older brother I have to give him some hope of challenging me

Argon likes this.
  2. roamer2629

roamer2629

Hey, you can let him have one once in a while :mischievous:

3. skyline1683

skyline1683

Never no mercy in this house lol

Mini Stiggy and Doodle like this.
  4. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

Another improvement on my setup. Since my vacation was a bit cheaper than expected and i hadn't got my birthday gift I decided I earned a G27.
    On the picture it is on my old rig because i wanted to test it quickly in my room. tommorrow it's on for the big screen :D
    20140825_164509.jpg

danbojte, Dean, PASM and 1 other person like this.
  5. swsc73

swsc73

Well, here´s my new beer-box-racer upload_2014-10-11_14-20-18.gif :

upload_2014-10-11_14-15-30.jpeg

Speedy6543, HAD2, potvinsuks and 10 others like this.
  6. mcsqueegy

mcsqueegy Premium

How I drive, more or less.

snips.PNG

I tend to keep a couple pillows on the desk chair; my back doesn't last more than half an hour otherwise :ouch:

Speedy6543, swsc73, RuddRacer and 7 others like this.
  7. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

Kickin' in the front seat

06102012092.jpg

8. Mini Stiggy

Mini Stiggy Premium

Here's my new setup:

image.jpg

9. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

Here is my <$100 setup. I shorthened the base of the pedals to get better angle and comfortable reach.

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1793.JPG

monoha, Argon, HAD2 and 15 others like this.
  10. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

^Throw another $5 at it and invert those pedals!

mr_lab_rat likes this.
  11. Casey Cooper

Casey Cooper (Banned)

I recently came back to my flat and my mates for my birthday had a REDLINE GT RACER "Simulator" delivered to my 2nd and unoccupied bedroom. Moreover, instead of one screen there were three 40-inch Sony LCD screens or monitors linked to one big panoramic track and nevertheless my favorite GT6 car, the BMW VGT! Is this a good racing system?

12. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

Thought I'd like to contribute here. :)

32inch Samsung HDTV.
    Driving Force EX with regular DFEX pedals and shifters.
    PS3 with a Metallica skin and a regular black controller.
    Stone NT310-H laptop equipped with Windows 8 Pro and a quad-core processor and a custom LED mouse.
    Turtle Beach Earforce PLA headphones.

WP_20150512_002.jpg
    WP_20150512_003.jpg
    WP_20150512_004.jpg
    WP_20150512_005.jpg

EDIT: You can also see the cause of my discomfort sometimes! :lol:

13. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

potvinsuks and Gravitron like this.
  14. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

I had quite some setup changes in the passed year, partially because I moved out of the studenthouse and moved in with my girlfriend. But besides that I had to safe money for all the individual components but, now I am where I want to be (at least for as long as I haven't got my own cave). When I moved in with my gf I had no place to race near the big tv, so I had to build a rig with a small monitor on the dining table and had to make an construction involving 2 chairs, a box and a pair of slippers to keep the pedals from moving all over the place. All this got a bit messy when doing some commentating on the side aswell our livingroom regularly looked like spidermans cave becuase of all the wiring. But now I finally connected the PS2, PS3 and the fatty Xbox. Installed the Elgato capture card so I don't have to set it up and break it down every time. same goes for wired ethernet have a Gb home network which is ideal for streaming movies etc. Also I gave the mic a place so from now on if I want to race, stream/commentate or do driver interview the setup work is 2 minutes max. Here are some pics of the new Wheelstand pro deluxe v2 G27.

20150630_132458.jpg 20150630_132508.jpg 20150630_132515.jpg 20150630_132521.jpg 20150630_132550.jpg 20150630_133219.jpg

I'm happy now!:cheers::dunce:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    HAD2, StanNz, suprajef and 5 others like this.
  15. Casey Cooper

Casey Cooper (Banned)

Hey, did I make a mistake by paying $2,999 for my Redline Racing Simulator for GT6? I did change the screen to a 55-inch Curved Sharp LCD... Lastly, I hooked the Bose Acoutimass 10 Speaker System from the unit up? It sounds great but then again the sounds in gt6 aren't really epic?

16. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Bored at work and was looking through this thread now that I have a decent setup

Attached Files:

HAD2, StanNz, GTP_Dutchy and 2 others like this.
  17. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

PS4, Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara + T3PA and Headphones

Hey Guys,

Was going through this thread today by coincidence and realized I haven't shared the latest upgrade yet. I bought a ps4 in the meanwhile so i decided to sell the G27 wheel and buy the T300 alcantara package to be sure I could run on ps4 without macguyvering and also have native UI controls for the PS4. So first I thought lets put my wheel up for sale. It was sold really quickly I posted it in the kartingclub whatsapp group and got a response withing 10 minutes and a couple more within 30. when it was sold I bought the Thrustmaster set. I took some getting used to because of the bigger rim and the button locations but I think in general everything feels a bit more solid, less noisy and a bit more premium than the G27 all in all a good upgrade but also an expensive one. Thanks for that Logitech won't be buying your products again anytime soon. Luckily the wheelstand i got had the t300 holes predrilled. When Bart was over at my place earlier this year we tested it. Also bought some wrappers an tightwraps to bundle and neatly put a way the cables.

20160913_162310.jpg 20160913_162322.jpg 20160913_162331.jpg 20160913_162315.jpg

the PS collection:
    20160913_162338.jpg
    Only missing a psx for the moment but I'm planning on getting one in the next year or so. I'll probably be screwing it open and painting the chassis black to match the rest.

Headset
    20160913_162346.jpg
    Had to buy a new headset because the old one had broken earcups glued it multiple times but in the end it didn't help. what i really like about this one is that it uses the optic signal in combo with an usb sender so the ingame audio aswell as the voice chat can be send to it. So the SWMBO doesn't get agitated by the noise. Also the volume of the ingame audio and the voice audio can be adjusted seperatly. A thing that's both an pro and a con is the mic itself. It needs to be really close to your mouth to pick up sound. So the pro of that is that only records what you want it to record and not the backgroundnoise. but it also means being carefull not to be breathing into it too much. but in general a good purchase I think, but still gluing the old ones again just in case.

Previous posts

$0 wheel and rig
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-11#post-9365358

Home theather project + Pedal mods
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-12#post-9907747

Upgrade G27
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-13#post-10014032

Moving to another house + wheelstand pro
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-13#post-10817851

Ren, Argon, StanNz and 5 others like this.
  18. DeuxMilles

DeuxMilles

Hi,

new setup:

IMG_20161215_215535.jpg

cheers,
    D.

HAD2, Argon, JamCar0ne and 7 others like this.
  19. Napalm_LT

Napalm_LT

This is my setup. I've used it for 3 years.

Attached Files:

Argon, JamCar0ne, StanNz and 5 others like this.
  20. Speedy6543

Speedy6543 Moderator

Let's see some updates!!!
    Here's mines. 20171202_165657.jpg

And yes attic still needs some work.

GTP_Dutchy, HAD2, Argon and 8 others like this.
  21. Windy_1238

Windy_1238 Premium

I like your setup, very much the same as mine!!

Gravitron likes this.
  22. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

[​IMG]

Argon, OZ, JamCar0ne and 2 others like this.
  23. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

Added a Buttkicker Gamer2 to my rig this week. It's pretty cool, get to feel what going on now.

Also ordered a Ricmotech loadcell kit for the G27 brake. That will be here Saturday.

NielsG and Bass Addict like this.
  24. Iceman220

Iceman220

Is there a way to change the wheel lock settings on T150?

25. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

Kind of the wrong thread for that....

26. Iceman220

Iceman220

Oops

27. EDK

EDK Moderator

I think @GTP_Nail knows.

28. monoha

monoha Premium

Thought I'd share my setup. Its from 2009 when GT5P came out. I had a thread with the built, but the images are gone.

Its make out of a wooden washing basket, a gokart seat and wood. The seat is length adjustable.

I'd like to upgrade/built another one day, but could really use a workshop, which I don't have.

I live alone so its just out there in the middle of my living room with bad cable management :D

Large images after a click!

GTP_Dutchy, NielsG, PASM and 2 others like this.
  29. Argon

Argon Premium

Why upgrade that looks awesome and beats my set-up by a mile. Wheelstand Pro and a canvas folding fishing chair that sometimes collapses when I'm half through a lap :lol:

Never2fast1 likes this.
  30. monoha

monoha Premium

True, its actually perfect for me, an upgrate would be for others that visits and want to try it out. It needs more adjustability for the wheel placement and more room below/around the wheel for longer legs. Most of my friends are very tall and I'm small, but also if my little nephews and nieces wants to properly try out it :).

I guess a Wheelstand Pro would be an upgrate in that regard, as its (I assume) very adjustable, hehe :)