GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

Well this was my old setup but since than I've quite improved on that! I live in a studenthouse and we have one completely windowless room. We wanted to build a home cinema. Which normally ain't cheap. But here's how we did it. We scavenged on a website called marktplaats.nl(sort of craigslist) and found a HD beamer for 50 euros, a 5.1 home cinema set for 30 euro and we spend 40 euros on a dvd and a vcr player and another 10 on cables wiring and that sort of thing. We're living here with 5 students. so we got it done for 26 euro's en 2 days of work each and it's been money well spend we watch a lot of movies there almost every night ( WK was awesome) and when were not watching movies well..... GT6!!! I can't describe how Awesome it is to have this at home!!! WOW!!! This makes it double the fun but it had an other advantage. I can use a stable table en a comfy chair to race in. Whilst sitting next to fridge for a "mental pitstop :cheers:" And last but not least I made an upgrade to my pedal so I can be more precise.

Another improvement on my setup. Since my vacation was a bit cheaper than expected and i hadn't got my birthday gift I decided I earned a G27.
On the picture it is on my old rig because i wanted to test it quickly in my room. tommorrow it's on for the big screen :D
20140825_164509.jpg

I recently came back to my flat and my mates for my birthday had a REDLINE GT RACER "Simulator" delivered to my 2nd and unoccupied bedroom. Moreover, instead of one screen there were three 40-inch Sony LCD screens or monitors linked to one big panoramic track and nevertheless my favorite GT6 car, the BMW VGT! Is this a good racing system?

Thought I'd like to contribute here. :)

32inch Samsung HDTV.
Driving Force EX with regular DFEX pedals and shifters.
PS3 with a Metallica skin and a regular black controller.
Stone NT310-H laptop equipped with Windows 8 Pro and a quad-core processor and a custom LED mouse.
Turtle Beach Earforce PLA headphones.

WP_20150512_002.jpg

WP_20150512_003.jpg

WP_20150512_004.jpg

WP_20150512_005.jpg

EDIT: You can also see the cause of my discomfort sometimes! :lol:

Hey Guys,

As I'm new to GTP I thought it would be a good time to step up my game and trade my DS3 for a wheel. But the problem was I'm a student with no money. Luckily GTP_PASM borrowed me his 2nd wheel (dfp). Second problem although I'm a student I dont have a desk in my room. I have a strong philosophy about doing school work at school and when I'm in my room I just want it to be more like a living room so I can have a couple:cheers: with my mates. So the coffee table is to thick to mount the wheel so I went out shopping in our house a found this lovely drawer cabinet so I claimed it en got rid of the drawers.

So here is my 0 dollar/pound/euro solution.View attachment 117323

Well this was my old setup but since than I've quite improved on that! I live in a studenthouse and we have one completely windowless room. We wanted to build a home cinema. Which normally ain't cheap. But here's how we did it. We scavenged on a website called marktplaats.nl(sort of craigslist) and found a HD beamer for 50 euros, a 5.1 home cinema set for 30 euro and we spend 40 euros on a dvd and a vcr player and another 10 on cables wiring and that sort of thing. We're living here with 5 students. so we got it done for 26 euro's en 2 days of work each and it's been money well spend we watch a lot of movies there almost every night ( WK was awesome) and when were not watching movies well..... GT6!!! I can't describe how Awesome it is to have this at home!!! WOW!!! This makes it double the fun but it had an other advantage. I can use a stable table en a comfy chair to race in. Whilst sitting next to fridge for a "mental pitstop :cheers:" And last but not least I made an upgrade to my pedal so I can be more precise.

Here's a link to a video of the experience

(As I mentioned the table and chair have been improved!)

View attachment 191578 View attachment 191579 View attachment 191580 View attachment 191582
View attachment 191587 View attachment 191588
View attachment 191581

This is when we had an simulator evening from a kartclub(S.K.V a la kart) were I and Bart @PASM are members of. Bart brought his G27 and we had a great night!
View attachment 191589 View attachment 191590

Well this is the end of my update. I'm off racing:gtpflag:

:cheers:
Cheers,

Kevin

Another improvement on my setup. Since my vacation was a bit cheaper than expected and i hadn't got my birthday gift I decided I earned a G27.
On the picture it is on my old rig because i wanted to test it quickly in my room. tommorrow it's on for the big screen :D
View attachment 211659

Bought this one today. Should be here by tomorrow or the day after. I'll post pictures as soon as the thing is here :P

http://www.wheelstandpro.nl/nl/whee...920-racing-wheel-deluxe-v2-5907734782057.html

I had quite some setup changes in the passed year, partially because I moved out of the studenthouse and moved in with my girlfriend. But besides that I had to safe money for all the individual components but, now I am where I want to be (at least for as long as I haven't got my own cave). When I moved in with my gf I had no place to race near the big tv, so I had to build a rig with a small monitor on the dining table and had to make an construction involving 2 chairs, a box and a pair of slippers to keep the pedals from moving all over the place. All this got a bit messy when doing some commentating on the side aswell our livingroom regularly looked like spidermans cave becuase of all the wiring. But now I finally connected the PS2, PS3 and the fatty Xbox. Installed the Elgato capture card so I don't have to set it up and break it down every time. same goes for wired ethernet have a Gb home network which is ideal for streaming movies etc. Also I gave the mic a place so from now on if I want to race, stream/commentate or do driver interview the setup work is 2 minutes max. Here are some pics of the new Wheelstand pro deluxe v2 G27.

20150630_132458.jpg
20150630_132508.jpg
20150630_132515.jpg
20150630_132521.jpg
20150630_132550.jpg
20150630_133219.jpg

I'm happy now!:cheers::dunce:

Last edited:
Hey, did I make a mistake by paying $2,999 for my Redline Racing Simulator for GT6? I did change the screen to a 55-inch Curved Sharp LCD... Lastly, I hooked the Bose Acoutimass 10 Speaker System from the unit up? It sounds great but then again the sounds in gt6 aren't really epic?

PS4, Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara + T3PA and Headphones

Hey Guys,

Was going through this thread today by coincidence and realized I haven't shared the latest upgrade yet. I bought a ps4 in the meanwhile so i decided to sell the G27 wheel and buy the T300 alcantara package to be sure I could run on ps4 without macguyvering and also have native UI controls for the PS4. So first I thought lets put my wheel up for sale. It was sold really quickly I posted it in the kartingclub whatsapp group and got a response withing 10 minutes and a couple more within 30. when it was sold I bought the Thrustmaster set. I took some getting used to because of the bigger rim and the button locations but I think in general everything feels a bit more solid, less noisy and a bit more premium than the G27 all in all a good upgrade but also an expensive one. Thanks for that Logitech won't be buying your products again anytime soon. Luckily the wheelstand i got had the t300 holes predrilled. When Bart was over at my place earlier this year we tested it. Also bought some wrappers an tightwraps to bundle and neatly put a way the cables.

20160913_162310.jpg 20160913_162322.jpg 20160913_162331.jpg 20160913_162315.jpg

the PS collection:
20160913_162338.jpg
Only missing a psx for the moment but I'm planning on getting one in the next year or so. I'll probably be screwing it open and painting the chassis black to match the rest.

Headset
20160913_162346.jpg
Had to buy a new headset because the old one had broken earcups glued it multiple times but in the end it didn't help. what i really like about this one is that it uses the optic signal in combo with an usb sender so the ingame audio aswell as the voice chat can be send to it. So the SWMBO doesn't get agitated by the noise. Also the volume of the ingame audio and the voice audio can be adjusted seperatly. A thing that's both an pro and a con is the mic itself. It needs to be really close to your mouth to pick up sound. So the pro of that is that only records what you want it to record and not the backgroundnoise. but it also means being carefull not to be breathing into it too much. but in general a good purchase I think, but still gluing the old ones again just in case.

Previous posts

$0 wheel and rig
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-11#post-9365358

Home theather project + Pedal mods
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-12#post-9907747

Upgrade G27
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-13#post-10014032

Moving to another house + wheelstand pro
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-13#post-10817851

Thought I'd share my setup. Its from 2009 when GT5P came out. I had a thread with the built, but the images are gone.

Its make out of a wooden washing basket, a gokart seat and wood. The seat is length adjustable.

I'd like to upgrade/built another one day, but could really use a workshop, which I don't have.

I live alone so its just out there in the middle of my living room with bad cable management :D

Large images after a click!

Thought I'd share my setup. Its from 2009 when GT5P came out. I had a thread with the built, but the images are gone.

Its make out of a wooden washing basket, a gokart seat and wood. The seat is length adjustable.

I'd like to upgrade/built another one day, but could really use a workshop, which I don't have.

I live alone so its just out there in the middle of my living room with bad cable management :D

Large images after a click!

Why upgrade that looks awesome and beats my set-up by a mile. Wheelstand Pro and a canvas folding fishing chair that sometimes collapses when I'm half through a lap :lol:

Why upgrade that looks awesome and beats my set-up by a mile. Wheelstand Pro and a canvas folding fishing chair that sometimes collapses when I'm half through a lap :lol:

True, its actually perfect for me, an upgrate would be for others that visits and want to try it out. It needs more adjustability for the wheel placement and more room below/around the wheel for longer legs. Most of my friends are very tall and I'm small, but also if my little nephews and nieces wants to properly try out it :).

I guess a Wheelstand Pro would be an upgrate in that regard, as its (I assume) very adjustable, hehe :)

Latest Posts

Back