GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

True, its actually perfect for me, an upgrate would be for others that visits and want to try it out. It needs more adjustability for the wheel placement and more room below/around the wheel for longer legs. Most of my friends are very tall and I'm small, but also if my little nephews and nieces wants to properly try out it :).

I guess a Wheelstand Pro would be an upgrate in that regard, as its (I assume) very adjustable, hehe :)

It is wonderfully adjustable but the big problem is the seat isn't fixed to the wheel so if you get a bit heavy footed the wheel stand will start to slide away from you. It's pretty good though and if I do get visitors I can move everything away to another room and it fits everyone ;)

After a year or two deliberating, I pulled the trigger on black Friday last year and bought a G29, playseat and PS4. It's amazing how having this setup has increased how much I play sims, previously I'd have to get out an ironing board and setup my driving force GT!

IMG_20171215_175229_631.jpg

Why upgrade that looks awesome and beats my set-up by a mile. Wheelstand Pro and a canvas folding fishing chair that sometimes collapses when I'm half through a lap :lol:

Argon your set up sounds like my latest set up having migrated from the sofa at Christmas... though so far my camping chair has not collapsed.......did manage to put the wheelstand on one 'leg' during Monday's manic 'banzai' sessions.....

As a potential upgrade I recommend the Outwell Catamara XL Campers chair. Its very stable and gives good seating position - its available on Amazon in UK and pretty inexpensive.

Argon your set up sounds like my latest set up having migrated from the sofa at Christmas... though so far my camping chair has not collapsed.......did manage to put the wheelstand on one 'leg' during Monday's manic 'banzai' sessions.....

As a potential upgrade I recommend the Outwell Catamara XL Campers chair. Its very stable and gives good seating position - its available on Amazon in UK and pretty inexpensive.

Thanks Richard, I've got a couple of chairs like that but I keep slamming my elbows into the arms when I get a bit too enthusiastic with my wheel. The comedy chair I have now has no arms and it's really comfy when it doesn't collapse on me :lol:

After a year or two deliberating, I pulled the trigger on black Friday last year and bought a G29, playseat and PS4. It's amazing how having this setup has increased how much I play sims, [...]

I second that, I had a Wheelstand Pro before, but the Playseat Challenge is so much better. It can also be folded and moved quite easily.

Here is my setup...
Logitech G29
Playseat Challenge
Panasonic 50" plasma
Panasonic receiver
Polk speakers
The seat is very comfortable and it works well in our living room. I can just fold it up and put it away when not using. My wife would not approve for a more permanent area for my rig :D

Show off :P

(looks nice tho)

I second that, I had a Wheelstand Pro before, but the Playseat Challenge is so much better. It can also be folded and moved quite easily.
I might be in line for getting one of these, we are buying a new bigger house, and it has what they call a "game
Here is my setup...
Logitech G29
Playseat Challenge
Panasonic 50" plasma
Panasonic receiver
Polk speakers
The seat is very comfortable and it works well in our living room. I can just fold it up and put it away when not using. My wife would not approve for a more permanent area for my rig :D
View attachment 716044

I have been hinting that I need one of these for the new house, it would look great in the game room. :lol::lol:

Nice setup :bowdown:

The seat is worth it Mike! It was only $50 US more than a wheel stand.

@Never2fast1 thanks! I 2nd that, you do NEED one ;). I promise you won't regret it. I love the playseat. Only wish my TV was a little closer

...but I haven't worn out my folding picnic chair yet :lol::lol:

I have been looking into one of those mate as that rig of yours looks really good 👍

...but I haven't worn out my folding picnic chair yet :lol::lol:

I have been looking into one of those mate as that rig of yours looks really good 👍

:lol:

If you decide to get one, check the playseat store. Cheapest price I found, 30% less than Amazon

3B969321-047E-4F71-BE18-35E8978EEA3B.jpeg
B72E2A71-4825-4403-ABAD-77C38BACDCEB.jpeg
X Rocker gaming chair (modified with a pillow on the seat and a towel over the back of it to stop the loud rubbing noise on the draws) lol
Logitech G29 wheel (exchanged it for my G27 wheel to EBK2)
Logitech G27 pedals and shifter (shifter not in use neither is the clutch)
Wheel stand pro
PS4 500gb
Toshiba 32inch HDTV

Need to set it up every time I use it then put it away when finished, I need a man cave too :lol:

View attachment 720467 View attachment 720468 X Rocker gaming chair (modified with a pillow on the seat and a towel over the back of it to stop the loud rubbing noise on the draws) lol
Logitech G29 wheel (exchanged it for my G27 wheel to EBK2)
Logitech G27 pedals and shifter (shifter not in use neither is the clutch)
Wheel stand pro
PS4 500gb
Toshiba 32inch HDTV

Need to set it up every time I use it then put it away when finished, I need a man cave too :lol:
Now I see why you liked my old post. :lol: That gaming chair had a really uncomfortable bottom area so I also had 2 use a pillow.

Now I see why you liked my old post. :lol: That gaming chair had a really uncomfortable bottom area so I also had 2 use a pillow.
:lol: Yeah even with the pillow support I still get a numb buttocks lol will have to do for now though, I’ve been looking for a second hand playseat challenge but they go like hot cakes.

Had to replace my samsung smart tv that gave up the ghost and decided on this one..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSDLCPM/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

It's well built and has every function i ever need hopefully 👍 And for the first time I actually get to see GTS in HDR!! and damn my old eyes cant handle it haha :D Took me over an hour to set this tv up as it's like an iphone with the functions and security's but first impression is mind blowing seeing what I have been missing out on :bowdown:

Wonder if it will make me any faster?
172826-b3911d223de55dd7d6d368636f495cc9.jpg

Here is my set up!

G29 with a 43' Sony X7000 TV.

Built it with my Dad when GT4 came out!

I've had a DFP, G25 and G27. Still got my G27. But upgraded to G29 because of Bloody PS4 and compatibility dramas.

Attachments

• 1935349B-43B8-4BC3-B779-800E8B0CB696.jpeg
    1935349B-43B8-4BC3-B779-800E8B0CB696.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 35
Damn that seat looks comfy, better than my old folding fishing chair 👍
It is!!

Before this I had an old chair out of a car that we bought from a wrecker.

The current chair is 10 years old now and still going strong. I highly recommend getting a comfy chair, it makes long sessions much more bearable!

So this is my setup at home:

DSC_0823.JPG

That's a slightly older Fanatec GT3RS wheel with clubsport pedals. Works well with the drivehub in between.

But I've swapped it for the weekend for this at the GTS world tour:

DSC_0861.JPG

And honestly, the tgt is good, but it doesn't have the build quality of the Fanatec, and my pedals are definitely better.

P.S. I also got to meet @Doodle and watch him drop some bombs on us. :D

Latest Posts

Back