GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

So this is my setup at home:

View attachment 767591

That's a slightly older Fanatec GT3RS wheel with clubsport pedals. Works well with the drivehub in between.

But I've swapped it for the weekend for this at the GTS world tour:

View attachment 767592

And honestly, the tgt is good, but it doesn't have the build quality of the Fanatec, and my pedals are definitely better.

P.S. I also got to meet @Doodle and watch him drop some bombs on us. :D
Awesome man congrats!

this is mine at the moment, G29 with wheelstand pro and LG OLED 55'' not tried a 4k one yet so don't know if the expense would be worth it.

mike_setup.jpg

this is mine at the moment, G29 with wheelstand pro and LG OLED 55'' not tried a 4k one yet so don't know if the expense would be worth it.

I don't have 4K either but the boost mode on the PS4pro seems to do a pretty good job, good enough for me not to worry about upgrading my TV. Rig looks great Mike....another comfy chair. I need to go steal one from some randoms car, pretty sure my numb ass would thank me :lol:

PS4, Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara + T3PA and Headphones

Hey Guys,

Was going through this thread today by coincidence and realized I haven't shared the latest upgrade yet. I bought a ps4 in the meanwhile so i decided to sell the G27 wheel and buy the T300 alcantara package to be sure I could run on ps4 without macguyvering and also have native UI controls for the PS4. So first I thought lets put my wheel up for sale. It was sold really quickly I posted it in the kartingclub whatsapp group and got a response withing 10 minutes and a couple more within 30. when it was sold I bought the Thrustmaster set. I took some getting used to because of the bigger rim and the button locations but I think in general everything feels a bit more solid, less noisy and a bit more premium than the G27 all in all a good upgrade but also an expensive one. Thanks for that Logitech won't be buying your products again anytime soon. Luckily the wheelstand i got had the t300 holes predrilled. When Bart was over at my place earlier this year we tested it. Also bought some wrappers an tightwraps to bundle and neatly put a way the cables.

View attachment 585108 View attachment 585110 View attachment 585111 View attachment 585109

the PS collection:
View attachment 585112
Only missing a psx for the moment but I'm planning on getting one in the next year or so. I'll probably be screwing it open and painting the chassis black to match the rest.

Headset
View attachment 585113
Had to buy a new headset because the old one had broken earcups glued it multiple times but in the end it didn't help. what i really like about this one is that it uses the optic signal in combo with an usb sender so the ingame audio aswell as the voice chat can be send to it. So the SWMBO doesn't get agitated by the noise. Also the volume of the ingame audio and the voice audio can be adjusted seperatly. A thing that's both an pro and a con is the mic itself. It needs to be really close to your mouth to pick up sound. So the pro of that is that only records what you want it to record and not the backgroundnoise. but it also means being carefull not to be breathing into it too much. but in general a good purchase I think, but still gluing the old ones again just in case.

Previous posts

$0 wheel and rig
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-11#post-9365358

Home theather project + Pedal mods
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-12#post-9907747

Upgrade G27
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-13#post-10014032

Moving to another house + wheelstand pro
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrsers-and-their-setups.233836/page-13#post-10817851

Got a new home so a new place to race.

A bit of a downgrade from the previous place but anyway the seat is better. is leans backwards in the perfect racing position.

IMG_20180926_201006.jpg

@hirnsauger69 that looks amazing Guido, pretty sure you'll have way more fun with that than with your DS4. Don't be impatient though, transitioning to wheel is often not a trivial thing and it can take time to re-learn how to make the car go fast.

Thank you Mike. :cheers:

I know that I have a lot to practice with the wheel, but it‘s so much fun and I am determined to become faster than with the DS4. :)

Edit: It‘s perfect English, isn‘t it? :lol:

I have had this set-up for almost a year with a couple of tweaks here and there...thanks to Black Friday deals, I was able to get better TVs. My wife and I each have a dedicated system for GT Sport offline / online...:)

LG 43" UHDTV x two
PS4 original and PS4 slim + PSVR Headset
Thrustmaster T-GT and T-150 wheels
RSEAT N1 and Playseat Evolution with TM TH8A Shifter and seat slider.

It is a small bedroom at 10' x 10' so it's hard to get good pictures...:crazy:

IMG_6907.JPG

IMG_6908.JPG

IMG_6909.JPG

IMG_6910.JPG

Last edited:
I have had this set-up for almost a year with a couple of tweaks here and there...thanks to Black Friday deals, I was able to get better TVs. My wife and I each have a dedicated system for GT Sport offline / online...:)

LG 43" UHDTV x two
PS4 original and PS4 slim + PSVR Headset
Thrustmaster T-GT and T-150 wheels
RSEAT N1 and Playseat Evolution with TM TH8A Shifter and seat slider.

It is a small bedroom at 10' x 10' so it's hard to get good pictures...:crazy:

View attachment 775793

View attachment 775794

View attachment 775795

View attachment 775796
Looks like you've got everything plugged in Neo. But will you choose the black seat or the white seat :P

Why do I need a picture of a hand controller :confused:

View attachment 775968

You need that picture as a reminder of what smokes you :lol:

Speaking of which, how is the T-GT? Have you ever used a G29? My biggest complaints of the 29 was how clunky it felt on force feedback and how the accelerator had no resistance... Oh and the location of option, share and the ps button.. never could blindly press the correct ones

You need that picture as a reminder of what smokes you :lol:

Speaking of which, how is the T-GT? Have you ever used a G29? My biggest complaints of the 29 was how clunky it felt on force feedback and how the accelerator had no resistance... Oh and the location of option, share and the ps button.. never could blindly press the correct ones

If you are a GTSport racer then IMO there is no better wheel on the market than the T-GT. The feedback is beyond belief and having dedicated rotation wheels to set BB, Map, Tc etc is really nice. The only complaint I often hear is that the standard pedals suck and that may be true but I haven't used the ones that came with the wheel. I use my old T3PA Pro pedals and for me they are great but I'm told they are nothing like as good as the Fanatec CSL with load cell that have a much better feel to the brake.

Never used a Logitech, only ever had Thrustmaster

Back