GTPFIA Touring Car World Cup Round 1 4/4/12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jav
  • 591 comments
  • 29,047 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the Impreza TC's specs been revised as well? I'm asking this because at the last pre-season it was on a class of its own. And unfortunately, the FF only seem to get heavier by the day.

It has been considered, definitely Ronin is doing something very very well, I haven't been able to extract the dominant performance he's been getting out of that car and we are definitely not going to penilize anyone for his ability.
Trust me, I've tested all this cars and the FWD are still the faster cars but by a smaller margin now. Originally this rules where done with the FWD cars at the wight they are now and they where faster by about .2 on average trough all tracks wich will be more than enough to make up for the starts.
 
nice thanx VELOCI, congrats on the season victory...
can anyone tell me which cars are still open?
 
I believe at the moment there's the Impreza RM, AEM S2000 and Mazda Atenza Touring Car.
 
What's the nest pre-season track going to be? I want to start testing as soon as possible.
 
Hey lucky how you doing man I missed you...
 
What's the nest pre-season track going to be? I want to start testing as soon as possible.

No more pre-season, the season starts this week!
 
Hey lucky how you doing man I missed you...

It's much better now that i'm not behind bars lol.... being locked up really sucks. but I am home now and ready to get back into the swing of things.

starting to test the available cars now and will post a vehicle soon
Put me in the AEM S2000 please and thank you
 
Last edited:
It's much better now that i'm not behind bars lol.... being locked up really sucks. but I am home now and ready to get back into the swing of things.

starting to test the available cars now and will post a vehicle soon
Put me in the AEM S2000 please and thank you

Cool mate is that why you couldn't finish last season of with us?
 
Cool mate is that why you couldn't finish last season of with us?

exactly, why else would i disappear without any notice? I was in the points fight before getting arrested and would have loved to finish the fight but it's a new season and this one i will finish so be careful around me i'm rusty and need practice racing in traffic anyone that needs to turn some laps let me know i would be happy to get some bumper to bumper action before race day!!! it might be helpful to all, you never know I might just forget how to use the brakes into turn 1..... haha lol:cheers:
 
Yo Jav, can we increase the laps, and is no tire wear still going to be on?
 
I'm actually debating on using tire wear with a set window for the pit stops...

Also the Impreza TC is getting an additional 10hp reduction.
 
Jav
I'm actually debating on using tire wear with a set window for the pit stops...

You can't be serious... not 2 days before the first race.
The only reason I chose an FF was because there wasn't tire wear on this series.
 
Yeratel84
You can't be serious... not 2 days before the first race.
The only reason I chose an FF was because there wasn't tire wear on this series.

AWD are in a similar boat as you FWD guys, while I normally say bring on the tire wear. This time I can see where it may really cause some issues.

2 days before race. I need to tune my car. Anyone got a room up or wanna get one going?
 
Easy guys, nothing is going to change unless it is an unanimous decission. Wich has already been proved won't be the case.
 
AWD are in a similar boat as you FWD guys, while I normally say bring on the tire wear. This time I can see where it may really cause some issues.

2 days before race. I need to tune my car. Anyone got a room up or wanna get one going?

If a room opens i would join after dinner

Don't forget to send a friend request to GTPFIA our races will be held on that private lounge from now on!
 
luckylefty2gunz
If a room opens i would join after dinner

About 30 or so I'll be ready.


Room Open:


In the GTPFIA LOUNGE
 
Last edited:
great session. found out how fast that integra is. lil thing is a rocket ship lol
 
It will be on the long tracks, however Monza is the only really high speed track of the bunch, so we should be fine :P
 
After last night's session I don't think we need the "Strong" slipstream setting, the Impreza and ISF keep up just fine without it!
 
Good to hear, I wasn't there but good to see that my car can hang with drafting.
 
It's gonna take good timing and good judgement but it can hang with the lead car, I was able to put it briefly on the front.
 
i just opened the GTPFIA lounge if anyone wants to practice you know where to find me
 
Jav, the Evo X is at 325hp in OP but in the last race you said 335hp for the Evo. Maybe OP needs to be updated :sly:
 
Thank you for pointing it out, gotta fix the Evos and Impreza!
 
Hey Jav what about a couple more laps added?, it seems like I'm doing a whole lot of practice for a short stint of time' 👍
 
Jav, may I suggest that we again follow WTCC rules in regard to race distance?
It states that race distances should be between 50 to 60 km (31,07 to 37,28 mi).

Following these rules the race distances could be something like these:

- Monza, 10 laps (57,93km / 36mi)
- Nurburgring GP/D, 15 laps (54,44km / 33,82mi)
- Grand Valley East, 18 laps (53,96km / 33,53mi)
- Suzuka East, 25 laps (56,08km / 34,84mi)
- Deep Forest, 15 laps (54,02km / 33,56mi)
- Touring Car Park, 14 laps (59,04km / 36,69mi)


Then tell us what you think...
 
I'm pretty sure that's why we are running 2 heats for each track
 
What Yera put up seems to me like a good number of laps for two short-ish races.
 
Jav, may I suggest that we again follow WTCC rules in regard to race distance?
It states that race distances should be between 50 to 60 km (31,07 to 37,28 mi).

Following these rules the race distances could be something like these:

- Monza, 10 laps (57,93km / 36mi)
- Nurburgring GP/D, 15 laps (54,44km / 33,82mi)
- Grand Valley East, 18 laps (53,96km / 33,53mi)
- Suzuka East, 25 laps (56,08km / 34,84mi)
- Deep Forest, 15 laps (54,02km / 33,56mi)
- Touring Car Park, 14 laps (59,04km / 36,69mi)


Then tell us what you think...

I like it! Done!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back