Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo’s Next Live Event Coming to Amsterdam, August 11/12

Although we’ve been expecting an announcement regarding plans for the 2023 Gran Turismo World Series for a little while, today’s release contained something that’s taken us quite by surprise as the live events break new ground...

Nice. Wonder if I'll be able to buy tickets and if accesible to general public. Was that the case untill now in other countries?
Good picture selection btw, on the cycling path beneath the Rijksmuseum where Rembrandt's Nights Watch resided :-)

Last edited:
Was that the case untill now in other countries?
Some events have been in publicly accessible spaces, some open to the public, some open to specific ticketing, and some closed/admission only. Tough to say which this will be!

Hoping this is open for public viewing. I think it's a big shame that the recent ones haven't been (though I can understand COVID concerns).

I would love to go to one of these, as would many people I know - it would be great to meet part of the dedicated GT community in real life at an event like this.

Given August 11 is also the release date for the GT movie, I wonder if they will do promotions/plugs for it during the event day...

EDIT: Addressed in the article.

Last edited:
Decided to look up Move Amsterdam and just from the first few images I'm seeing inside, it does look rather ripe for a GT World Tour set up (This one in particular):

8_7_22-Uitvindersfinale_17.jpg

Looking at Zandvoort, the images I'm seeing so far are having me questioning if they even could

44e6bed8f247f2570a55a4adce307957.png

Dutch-Grand-Prix-Lounge-CMcom-Circuit-Zandvoort_0001_4_2022-08-19-083344_hufg.jpg

Also, that is ALOT of wood.

Last edited:
Masterdam is a great place to host such a venue.
Curious where, since there are many to think of. The earlier mentioned Cruijff ArenA, Ziggo Dome, Eye theatre, or at the NDSM werf.

rsh
Curious where, since there are many to think of. The earlier mentioned Cruijff ArenA, Ziggo Dome, Eye theatre, or at the NDSM werf.
Of all the ones you bring up, Ziggo Dome sticks out to me as the Venue most suitable. The floor space alone makes it perfect for all the themed set dressing they tend to do, might even allow for abit of experimenting with something new for a World Tour Event.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Amsterdam Tickets Are Now On Sale

Tickets for the Gran Turismo World Series Showdown in Amsterdam are now available to the public, with a variety of passes available, and a special package that includes a screening of the Gran Turismo movie...

Just to super-spell out the pricings, benefits, and availability:

General Admission - Friday 11th - Manufacturer Cup (€15) - from June 19
General Admission - Saturday 12th - Nations Cup (€15) - from June 19
Gold - Friday 11th - GT Sophy demonstration, Manufacturer Cup, GT event t-shirt (€40) - from June 19
Gold - Saturday 12th - Media/Pro-Am, Nations Cup, GT event t-shirt (€40) - from June 19
Platinum - Thursday 10th-Saturday 12th - GT movie screenings, Sophy/Manufacturer Cup, Pro-Am/Nations Cup, GT event t-shirt (€90) - available now.

And getting to/from the events and any accommodation is up to you :D

We also have confirmation of the Nations Cup teams via the event special page:

NoAM

Canada
USA

CSAM
Brazil
Chile

EMEA
Belgium
France
Italy