GTPlanet Community Meetup at Gran Turismo's Amsterdam Event, August 11 and 12

• Thread starter Famine
  • 74 comments
Why they will add the car next monday but it will be available until the end of the montn?? Basically 2 out of 4 cars won't be avaiable to buy on monday and I am concerned now that it will be the same for the other 2

Last edited:
And it is rewards for us who watch the stream:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230801173700.jpg

I didn't plan to buy the Ambulance, now I don't have to. :)

Last edited:
So basically we're gonna only have access to two of the four cars on the release of the update because the other two are locked behind sport mode and a survey?

Oh come on PD there's 0 reason to be pulling nonsense like this...
They can pull this, because community is so stagnant and accepts everything. Unless it has something to do with metacritic and then Kazunori with all grin on his face will lie to you that the game will improve for the better

Last edited:
I remember last time I knew some answers others I got from YouTubers. But I never received anything. I got all answers right. 😢

Have we ever done an NA meetup and I completely missed it? I'd love to go, never been to EU but I don't have much PTO in my new role yet : /

Jerome

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo “Predict the Winners” Campaign Returns for World Series Showdown

A special promotion will run alongside this month’s Gran Turismo World Series Showdown, offering players the chance to win in-game prizes for watching along with the live streams or guessing the winning teams...
I'll be the cynic, this looks like the same as the Ferrari VGT launch last year. PD heavily encourage players who normally wouldn't have any interest in eSports to catch the stream, some will stick around to see what happens but most will back out after 5 seconds. That doesn't really matter, their engagement numbers are boosted up and it gives them a stronger case to take to Sony to keep funding these events for another year. I wonder if they're under pressure given the low numbers they usually get.

Last edited:
I wonder if they're under pressure given the low numbers they usually get.
Honestly, GT's viewer figures are massive in motorsport esports events.

I have to watch... many because I get paid to do so, and some are just woeful. A recent event with big Saudi backing offered six figures to the winners and I screenshotted it at 13 views. They were eight-hour streams and not hitting 4k by close of play. I just checked the grand final and it's at 5k now.

Some are also self-evidently buying views here and there. There's one - which has a surprisingly similar format to GTPLeague - backed by a big esports org and they're getting maybe 30 concurrent views across an hour's stream, checking out at 1k and then suddenly they have 40k the next day. Against a subscriber count of 3k too, that's obviously bollocks - and they only boost some videos, so you've got back to back live events on the same day getting a few hundred and a few hundred thousand :dunce:

A bad GT stream closes out at 25k (for the English language version) and grows relatively organically after that; last year's Nations Cup final on the English language YT is at 68k.

And it tallies with the chat. I watched the six-figure thing and there were about two people commenting. GTWS and GTWC in ACC both have quite busy chats and the view counts are appropriately higher (which is a giveaway for the GTPLeague sort-of-clone's fake numbers too). F1 Esports is probably the most-viewed but it's slapped onto the official F1 channel so there's loads of accidental clicks :lol:

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Join GTPlanet at the Gran Turismo World Series Showdown in Amsterdam, August 11 and 12

The next live Gran Turismo event takes place in Amsterdam in just a few weeks, and it’s set to be one of the biggest and most unique gatherings in the history of the franchise...

I hope to see a lot of you there!
I am really sorry not to be able to meet you guys, as I will be on vacation.
I hope you will have a terrific event!

Is that the first vehicle in Gran Turismo with a real registered number plate?
If I'm not mistaken, Multiple rally cars have had license plates. I believe the Kankkunen Celica WRC that was added months ago has one too.

As i will have no time to wait for the qualification i just went with Team Toyota and Team France in the predictions.

Thanks for the reminder! This time i wouldn't even have seen the banner on the upper right in the game. :gtpflag:

It's crazy seeing all those real rego plates. I think I just blocked them from memory due to the past entries like the Fugu Z and those era GT Awards cars. I wonder what changed to allow those registered numberplates to be used.

Is there any thread for the "best choices" for the "Predict the Winners" ?
I don't have many experience... so trying to get help for a better bet would be great...

Latest Posts

Back