GTPlanet Fantasy Football League - FoolKiller Wins!!!!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 355 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my current starting QB is Vince Young (bye). My backup is Delhomme (hurt), so I'm scrambling. I agree that it's really just between Griese and Garcia. Still, tough call though. I'd probably rather go with the unknown. Who knows, if Griese turns out to be a monster, maybe he'll be useful down the line.

Still leaning Griese.

On the other hand. It's his first game back. First game back = turnovers.

Still leaning Griese.

On the other hand. It's his first game back. First game back = turnovers.

What can I say...its like you knew!

carnaclt0.jpg

0-3-1...yeah...I don't even know what to say anymore.

What can I say...its like you knew!

Luckily I went with Garcia. I eventually decided that I didn't like Griese in his first game back.

Luckily I went with Garcia. I eventually decided that I didn't like Griese in his first game back.

The Broncos, Dolphins and the Bucs decided eventually they didn't like him at all. 👎 Add the Bears soon to that list!

The Broncos, Dolphins and the Bucs decided eventually they didn't like him at all. 👎 Add the Bears soon to that list!

Well, inexplicably, the 9ers and Eagles decided they didn't like Garcia either.

Well arn't you just scrapping the bottom of the barrel?!

As QB goes McNabb might have started his last game for me. I just can't stomach his inconsistency. 30 points one week and 3 the next. :irked:

Well arn't you just scrapping the bottom of the barrel?!

As QB goes McNabb might have started his last game for me. I just can't stomach his inconsistency. 30 points one week and 3 the next. :irked:

So many players are like that. I snatched up Kevin Curtis in one league after his monster game. Luckily I didn't play him this week, despite needing help at WR.

I had a monster weeks in my Yahoo leagues. One league, I scored 37 points and was finished yesterday. In another league, I scored 45 points. And finally in our league, I scored 56 points. I am also am in a league on ESPN and that team has scored 58 points, with New England's defense to play. I will win the game, as I am already up by two points and my opponent is finished.

Let me also say that last week, all of my teams were the high scorer in the leagues and this week I am threatening, or am, the low scorer of the week.

:) You know defense can get negative points right?

Not with the way this league is setup they cannot. Plus I feel it highly, highly unlikely the Pats D would do badly enough to get negative points in most leagues.

Don't feel too bad. I am 0-4 in my other league. And I didn't score the highest points this week.

I don't know, he has two more touchdowns than Grossman at this point. He snagged me 17 points in my other league.

So many players are like that. I snatched up Kevin Curtis in one league after his monster game. Luckily I didn't play him this week, despite needing help at WR.
And I have Westbrook and Curtis in my other league. :indiff:

And this week looks like this:
wicky wicky radsters 79
Delicious Species 92
In a complete shocker the Species win with two players geting 0 points. Fortunately Tony Romo and LaDanian Tomlinson stepped up their game. Moss and Addai stepped up for the Radsters but in true Wicky Wacky style McNabb let the team down. With McNabb on a bye thi week we are sure to see Vince Young step up and perhaps he will earn himself a permanent starting position.

JFM = 49er hater 56
Centurion Eagles 83
This was a truly shocking match up as three total players got 0 points. Fortunately for the hundreds of eagles the Brady, Who's your mama, and Clark all put up more than 15 points while the haters couldn't be carried by Palmer and Johnson alone.

SuperBad 56
The Chefs 93
And the cullinary artists show their skills once again by putting up decent points by nearly every player, with Peyton Manning carrying over a quarter of the points. SuperBad showed decent poinst too, but Kitna, even after beating Chicago, can't outperform Peyton Manning.

And here are the overall rankings:

Rank----Team---------------- W-L-T------- Pts
1. ----The Chefs------------- 3-1-0 ------- 423
2. ----JFM = 49er hater ------ 3-1-0 --------374
3. ----Centurion Eagles ------ 2-2-0 ------- 365
4. ----Delicious Species ------ 2-2-0 ------- 343
5. ----SuperBad ------------- 1-2-1 ------- 368
6. ----wicky wicky radsters -- 0-3-1 ------- 402

Not to alarm you, but the last place Wicky Wicky Radsters have the second highest point totals.

And I didn't score the highest points this week.

OOOOH...by a whole single point. :rolleyes: At least my streak of losing the high scorer is over. I feel much better now!👎

Not to alarm you, but the last place Wicky Wicky Radsters have the second highest point totals.

Only 21 points back in the scoring. How often does a team potentially lead the league in scoring and still come in last place? Don't worry, I kinda like being the freak show. The finger pointing and weird looks don't bother me.

And thank you FK for the weekly run down.

Only 21 points back in the scoring. How often does a team potentially lead the league in scoring and still come in last place? Don't worry, I kinda like being the freak show. The finger pointing and weird looks don't bother me.

And thank you FK for the weekly run down.

You won't stay on the bottom long with those kinds of numbers. Luck eventually catches up with you. It's the delicious species that have the real work ahead of them.

Luck eventually catches up with you.

I'm heading to Vegas for the weekend on Thursday morning. Luck is something that I'm counting on this week for sure. On Sunday it doesn't look like I will be around a computer or TV for the trip back. Maybe with me not stat watching all day will make a difference. I'm not superstitious.

You won't stay on the bottom long with those kinds of numbers. Luck eventually catches up with you. It's the delicious species that have the real work ahead of them.
Yeah, I have noticed. I am hoping that by pulling Bulger and with LT finally coming into his own that I will be able to make up my losses.

In this league I think there are too many powerhouses to count anyone out until the final game of the regular season.

EDIT: And I will be much more vigilant now that my work PC has been removed from the proxy. Benefits of being management.

My teams are going to have some serious problems this next week. I am in four leagues and in three, including ours, of them I have Brian Westbrook, with mine main backup being Ahman Green in two of the three, who probably will not be playing next week. :ill:

Though luckily in one of the leagues, I was able to pick up Earnest Graham, who I think is going to be able to performing decently now that he will probably be the main guy at Tampa; but I am considering picking up either LenDale White or Chris Brown, leaning towards White between the two, and using one of them instead. In my other league, I have no idea what I am going to do. I can pick up Jerious Norwood, who I am not too excited about, or Ladell Betts, who frankly right now is not going to do a whole lot as long as Clinton Portis is around.

In the league with Earnest Graham, I have Philip Rivers and Jason Campbell as my QBs and am seriously considering dropping Rivers for Jay Cutler. San Diego is terrible this year and i have no idea why I thought Norv Turner might be decent there, at least offensively.

And finally, I am sick of injured players. It seems I have at least one guy on every single one of my teams that will not be playing next week.

Yea, lots of injuries these days. Westbrook is always an injury candidate. Have you checked out Sammy Morris at RB? If Maroney is out again he'll be a good play. If not, he still might be a good play. Kevin Jones is also starting to look good.

Sammy Morris is only available in one of my four leagues and I took Westbrook knowing I would not have him a couple weeks of the year. I may have a look at Kevin Jones.

Looks like I won by default this week. If my opponents had started their backup QB and RB instead of folks on their byes, the game would have been about tied. With another bye substitution I would almost have certainly lost.

JFM, I suppose you guy could run to free agency and start a few of the folks that are playing tonight.

This is strange

QB Young 5 pts
WR Moss 4 pts
WR Marshall 5 pts
RB Addai 0 pts

And some how I am only 10 pts down going into tonight. I have Owens and the Cowboys are playing the sad Bills. There is a good chance he can get me my first win with a good game.

SuperBad 61
Delicious Species 75

This was a close match yesterday and both teams relied on some Cowboy antics to see who would win this one. The Species had Tony Romo and the Dallas defense compared to Marion Barber. TEh only way SuperBad could pool out a win would be for the Cowboys to have a huge running game while losing big to the Bills. But the Bills could only steal Tony Romo's thunder five times, not enough to stop his production and their ofense couldn't make a show against Dallas' D.

This game would have been decided earlier, but the species of good taste took the risk of seeing if Harrison might play. He didn't, but despite his 0 points The Species came out on top.

wicky wicky radsters 71
Centurion Eagles 79

Can the radsters end their losing streak? No, luck turns her eye teh other way once again as the Radsters face yet another high scoring opponent while their players take a nap. The Radsters should count themselves lucky to have stayed in this game. Their special teams and defense gave them a ton of point. The Eagles relied heavily on Tom Brady and surprisingly scored even more points from kicking than the Radsters did. Perhaps the Radsters should start bribing lady luck?

JFM = 49er hater 47
The Chefs 78

It looks like the Haters may have said Buh-Bye this week as three of their players were sitting at home watching the games. Too bad their Madden points don't count because then thye Haters might not have three zeros on the board.

Despite half their opponents missing the Chefs still showed up to cook us up a special treat and pull in the second highest points of the week.

The current standings look like this:

rank--team-------------------record-------total points
  1. The Chefs---------------- 4-1-0------- 502
  2. Centurion Eagles--------- 3-2-0------- 444
  3. JFM = 49er hater--------- 3-2-0------- 421
  4. Delicious Species--------- 3-2-0------- 418
  5. SuperBad----------------- 1-3-1------- 429
  6. wicky wicky radsters----- 0-4-1------- 473

The Radsters still have time to comeback,. but the question is: Can they? They don't have to win more than everyone else, just tie up their record with other teams and they will jump to the front of the standings.

With ten more weeks until the playoffs it is still anyone's season.

This next week looks like a tough matchup for the Chefs. I'm facing the second highest scoring team and my lineup is decimated by bye weeks and injuries. Plus, I've got one of those annoying lineup calls: Alexander/James/Jacobs. Which 2?

Anyway, good luck to the radsters. I'm almost rooting for you guys to win just because you so obviously don't belong in last place. But... I did say almost.

Anyway, good luck to the radsters. I'm almost rooting for you guys to win just because you so obviously don't belong in last place. But... I did say almost.

At least our rematch is on a good bye week. No Manning, Wayne or Johnson for you.

Yay for me...I have become the Cubs of the FFL! They always lose but most people still root for them to win.

. . . My lineup is decimated by bye weeks and injuries.

This sounds like one of my teams last week. Out of the six bench players I have, they all combined for a grand total of zero points scored. Three of the players were on a bye and the other three injured. I am absolutely sick of injuries at the moment. All of my fantasy teams have at least one injured player, if not more. In that same league of the zero points bench, this week I have to pick up a wide receiver just to players that will be playing this week.

Gut check time! I started going through the stats to see how I could push my team over the edge to get the first win. Here is what I found, My quaterback position is the only postition that is dragging me down. Here are some facts to show you what I mean.

Mcnabb = 52 pts
Young = 46

By comparison

Romo = 118
Brady = 113
P.Manning = 94

My two QB's combined barely equal what the top three have so far. What I really don't understand is that the Yahoo QB rating geeks still have Mcnabb as the #2 QB for week six. Do those guys have there head up their collective
moonxj9.gif

I need to make a change this week and since it doesn't look like I can drop Mcnabb I'm giving Young the boot. With out looking it up I can't even tell you who the Titans WR's are. I might be taking a bit of a chance but Here comes Manning...yes...E Manning it going to bring the Radsters to the promise land. At least I know of Shockey and Burress that could pad the "other" Mannings stats to get me over the hump.

Edit:Anderson...yeah...maybe

I'd like to Short sell on the Dolphins, please. :)

Who is the Eagles playing this week? . . . Wait, I just looked it up and they are playing the Jets. The Jets have not really been particularly good this year, though their defensive rankings do not really show that.

To Shaun Alexander:

Fool me once, shame on.... shame on me? Fool me twice... eh...uh... can't get fooled again!

Alexander => Bench

Congrats to the Unomoto on his first win of the season. The Chefs were just not up to the task this week.

Wow, that is a huge upset in our fantasy league!

It is like (here it comes) the University of Kentucky Wildcats upsetting the #1 LSU Tigers. Sorry, I cannot help myself. :D

I am happy to have my win in the bag with one player still to play.

Unfortunatley in my other league I fell asleep at the wheel. I updated my bye players for this league and then got busy before I could adjust my other league. I forgot about it, because I had it in my mind that I had made adjustments, until yesterday afternoon, when I wasn't home. I had four, FOUR guys on bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back