GTPlanet Fantasy Football League - FoolKiller Wins!!!!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 355 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only game decided at this point is The Chefs (131) vs Wicky Wicky Radsters (89).

Sorry, UnoMoto, but the Manning-Wayne combo was just too much to overcome, even with Lee Evans giving Danoff 0 points. Your team performed well, but no one would have beaten the Chefs this week.

Ah yes...week number one in the books for my first ever FFL. What an introduction I just had running into the scoring juggernaut known as The Chefs. Even with me making a few bad calls as I left 95 points on the bench, I still couldn't have beat Dan this week. The stat tracker feature that yahoo has pointed out that had Dan optimized his picks he could have scored something like 148 points. Oh..wait...check that, I think Dan just scored again. :ouch:

Anyway...this FFL is a dangerous thing. How the heck I am going to get any work done around the house on Sundays when I am glued to the Sharp Aqous 1080p sitting in my living room?!?!

I have some reviewing to do this week to try and get some of those bench points on the board and just forget about my whipping this week.

Anyway...this FFL is a dangerous thing. How the heck I am going to get any work done around the house on Sundays when I am glued to the Sharp Aqous 1080p sitting in my living room?!?!
One of us. One of us.

My cat was sitting in my lap while I watched the SD-Chi game and when LT went for the pass I jumped up and yelled, "GET IN THERE! YEAH!" My cat went and glared at me from the corner of the room.

I have some reviewing to do this week to try and get some of those bench points on the board and just forget about my whipping this week.
And this is the only way to do it. Examine your weak points and see what your bench can do in the future.

My cat was sitting in my lap while I watched the SD-Chi game and when LT went for the pass I jumped up and yelled, "GET IN THERE! YEAH!" My cat went and glared at me from the corner of the room.

Funny that you mention that as my cat has ignored me for the last two weeks for some unknown reason. (This is one reason dogs are better then cats). So yesterday he decided to make nice and actually sit with me during the games and the exact same thing happened to me when the Broncos kicked that last second field goal.

even with Lee Evans giving Danoff 0 points.

Yea, what the hell is up with that?

FoolKiller
I am of the opinion that there should be some sort of bonus when one player plays two different positions. With a passing Td and running Td I expected LT to bring in more points, but as I predicted Chicago's D held his running numbers down to mere mortal standards.

You're just saying that because he's yours. He actually came close to getting his projections despite being held to 27 yards on the ground. I'd say he got enough points. If what you say were true, Vince Young would be THE guy to own.

FoolKiller
Is it bad that San Diego's defense got more points than any of their individual offensive players?

I'd say when they're playing Rex Grossman the sky is the limit.

What an introduction I just had running into the scoring juggernaut known as The Chefs.

If it makes you feel any better, I got my ass handed to me in another league.

I did the exact same thing except exchange "cat" for "in-laws". I own LT in a league with some money riding on it. And the play I did it on was his TD run.

You're just saying that because he's yours. He actually came close to getting his projections despite being held to 27 yards on the ground. I'd say he got enough points.
Of course I'm saying that because he's mine. I also thought he should have gotten bonus points for breaking a record last year. Could have made the difference in my champioship game. Instead I was runner up.

I'd say when they're playing Rex Grossman the sky is the limit.
Looks like another year of Chicago's defense playing offense. I can't believe they kept Grossman.

I did the exact same thing except exchange "cat" for "in-laws". I own LT in a league with some money riding on it. And the play I did it on was his TD run.
I'd hate to see what my in-laws would think if they saw me. To them getting worked up means muttering curses and clever insults under your breath. And then it is only reserved for when it is your team playing. Fantasy football makes no sense to them.

And week 1 is in the books.

Centurion Eagles 85
Delicious Species 112

Despite the Centurion Eagles attempting to come back the Species held on to a strong lead. With Baltimore's defense failing to stop the Bengals and Carson Palmer handing out love to guys named Johnson, not Who's Your Mama, the Eagles remaining players did not score enough to overcome.

wicky wicky radsters 89
The Chefs 131

This game was over yesterday and gives The Chefs first place in the league.

SuperBad 59
JFM = 49er hater 76

The 49 Haters had 3 Bengals players, Palmer and the Johnson duo, which gave him plenty of point as, oddly enough, the 49ers held SuperBad's Larry Fitzgerald to only 2 points. SUperBad also didn't benefit from Baltimore's Todd Heap. So, in an odd twist of fate, the 49er Haters owe part of their victory to the 49ers. Huh.

This weeks match ups will be:

The Chefs
Delicious Species

The top two teams meet. This is the only 1-0 vs 1-0 match up, so someone will no longer be undefeated. Will The Chefs be able to cook something delicious up and put the species on the endangered list, or will The Chefs find their main ingredient bites back? This should be a close match and I am rating it game of the week.

SuperBad
Centurion Eagles

Projections show this being a close match, but SuperBad doesn't have a Defense lined up yet. They appear to be trying to make a decision after a few changes on the roster, and this decision could mean the game.

wicky wicky radsters
JFM = 49er hater

This game, according to Yahoo!, should go to the radsters, but with the Bengal trio playing Cleveland I believe that the projections are low. I mean, come on, this is Cleveland. On the same token McNabb is playing against the Redskins and Steven Jackson is running against San Francisco. Once again fate has shown its humor and the 49er Haters may be relying on the 49ers to keep this game in their favor.

Who do you think will win? Go to the league page and vote under the match ups.

And talk about a great week out of Stephen Jackson and Drew Brees! I guess that is what I get for trusting a Ram . . . well at least my Niners won this week, I got that going for me.

This weeks match ups will be:

The Chefs
Delicious Species

The top two teams meet. This is the only 1-0 vs 1-0 match up, so someone will no longer be undefeated. Will The Chefs be able to cook something delicious up and put the species on the endangered list, or will The Chefs find their main ingredient bites back? This should be a close match and I am rating it game of the week.

Let's break down where we have been to understand where we are going. I know I am new to this but I just can't believe a line up from top to bottom that out preformed their predicted points like The Chefs did this weekend. I can't imagine for the sake of the rest of us that the The Chefs could have all cylinders firing like they did every coming weekend.

What are the chances that this is going to be a regular occurance?

fflko3.png

Not a chance it'll be a regular occurrence. The projections will take into account the first week and probably overcompensate. :)

Holy crap I won!

Not bad, pretty disappointed in my Rams and Larry f'n johnson. I'm willing to trade Larry for Travis henry!

EDIT: Whoever Superbad is, I want Brian WestBrook for Larry.

JFM92_GTRacer
Holy crap I won!

Not bad, pretty disappointed in my Rams and Larry f'n johnson. I'm willing to trade Larry for Travis henry!

EDIT: Whoever Superbad is, I want Brian WestBrook for Larry.

You won because I had Drew Brees who had a magical three point week and your man Stephen Jackson had an amazing one point week. Those two guys are definitely racking in the points for me! :dopey: 👍

And what's the deal with Matt Leinart throwing Anquan Boldin a touchdown . . . does he not know I have Larry Fitzgerald on my team?!?! Must not be a team player . . . :grumpy:

Actually it looks like my team sucked in general for the first week of the season. :lol:

You won because I had Drew Brees who had a magical three point week and your man Stephen Jackson had an amazing one point week. Those two guys are definitely racking in the points for me! :dopey: 👍

And what's the deal with Matt Leinart throwing Anquan Boldin a touchdown . . . does he not know I have Larry Fitzgerald on my team?!?! Must not be a team player . . . :grumpy:

Actually it looks like my team sucked in general for the first week of the season. :lol:
We'll take the victory lol

I'll tell Action Jackson to score some TDs for you to make up for your disappointment.

And I thought last week I got a good thumping. :rolleyes: Palmer and Johnson combine for 71 points. Are you freaking kidding me? :banghead: Last week it was Manning and Wayne. I've got some serious bad timing here. At one point and time I checked JFM = 49er hater's line up in the optimal line up option and he could have scored up to 188 points.:crazy:

I still have a slim chance if McNabb and Cooley have a big night but I am not holding my breath.

Whats up with Yahoo giving us "Stat Tracker" for free the first week and then making us pay for the rest of season. It's like a drug dealer giving out a free sample. I had to pony up the ten bucks because I am hooked. :dopey:

They give it to you for free for the first week for that exact reason, so that afterwards you will buy it. I have not decided if I want to purchase it yet.

It definitely hurts to go up against a big scoring combo the first two weeks of the season.

And I thought last week I got a good thumping. :rolleyes: Palmer and Johnson combine for 71 points. Are you freaking kidding me? :banghead: Last week it was Manning and Wayne. I've got some serious bad timing here. At one point and time I checked JFM = 49er hater's line up in the optimal line up option and he could have scored up to 188 points.:crazy:
Yeah, you are in the same boat I am in my other league. I will have massive poinst but my opponent has massively more points. I am ranked last there as I am now the only guy without a win.

Here's a (very) quick review.

The Chefs 118
Delicious Species 74

The Chefs dished up something delicious as they faced the species. The entire species team underperformed while the Chefs once again put up good numbers.

SuperBad 138
Centurion Eagles 106

SuperBad proved to be super good this week with the second highest score. Don't laugh at the Eagles though, as they weren't looking bad either, but SuperBad was just looking better.

wicky wicky radsters 121
JFM = 49er hater 145

The radsters must have a curse. If this were last week's game they would have won. The Haters turned it on and while JFM and I are mourning our Rams his fantasy team blasted into this win, leaving his opponents with what would have been a great score in any other game.

Current overall standings are:
PLace - Team - record - points
1. The Chefs 2-0-0 249
2. JFM = 49er hater 2-0-0 221
3. SuperBad 1-1-0 199
4. Delicious Species 1-1-0 186
5. wicky wicky radsters 0-2-0 210
6. Centurion Eagles 0-2-0 191

UnoMoto, you have the third best score, but you have been given some bad luck in your opponents. If you can grab a couple of wins you will move up quickly.

UnoMoto, you have the third best score, but you have been given some bad luck in your opponents. If you can grab a couple of wins you will move up quickly.

I'm sure I will soon be on the other end of this sad start to the season. I didn't leave a significant number of points on the bench so that was a little comforting. After watching McNabb get no help from his team I am making the move to Young for the upcoming week. Maybe that will spice some things up a bit. I am happy with my team and I think I will be fine for the season.

I will also add that even though I am licking some deep wounds after week two, I sure am glad that I signed up for the league. I used to think FFL's were kinda geeky and loser-ish and now that I'm in one...I'm right! But it’s so much fun to be a stat watcher. :dopey:

Oh Donavan...why do you forsake me so??? You play so horribly the first two weeks and you earn the right to sit the bench for your bad behavior. You then repay me by having a career type day. Why oh why?!?!
weeping.gif

On a more positive note, all I need from Vince Young tonight is sixteen points to pull out my first victory of the season.

Anyone notice I am playing against the scoring leader for the THIRD WEEK IN A ROW. WTF

Could be worse.

And Marc Bulger is out. I gave him three weeks and the entire team has fallen apart, screwing me in my fantasy leagues in the process.

And here are this weeks scores.

JFM = 49er hater 97
Delicious Species 65

I didn't have a chance this week.

The Chefs 81
Centurion Eagles 91

And Danoff goes down!

SuperBad 113
wicky wicky radsters 113

A tie, what are the odds? In the future I will be sure to add fractional points. Too late for us now, or I risk giving someone in this match a loss post game.

I seriously doubt that the JFM streak will continue. The team has too many weak points. Looks like no one team will be running away with it this year.

Well, I've yanked Bulger. I get home and I see a new news item next to his name. He has been playing with broken ribs, but will not be sitting out in the forseeable future. Let me think, your offensive line couldn't block a turtle, your QB keeps taking hard hits, and you think letting him continue to play with broken ribs is your best course of action? Someone needs to fire the team doctor and Linehan not far behind if we are willing to put a player's health at that kind of risk.

Maybe I am just upset that this news has been hidden and I kept starting him expecting his performance to improve.

In other news, LT has more TD passes than the entire Buffalo team.

Yep...thanks to Bulger, Mr. Holt has been a bust for me this first few weeks. Holt will be sitting the bench for me this week. If you’re a Rams fan the news gets worse knowing that Alexander will be out for a few weeks also.

You'll be just fine with starting Romo. My wife has him in her league and has watched him put up good numbers. This week will suck with you having Romo and myself having Owens. They will cancel each other out for the most part.

Yep...thanks to Bulger, Mr. Holt has been a bust for me this first few weeks. Holt will be sitting the bench for me this week. If you’re a Rams fan the news gets worse knowing that Alexander will be out for a few weeks also.

You'll be just fine with starting Romo. My wife has him in her league and has watched him put up good numbers. This week will suck with you having Romo and myself having Owens. They will cancel each other out for the most part.
I don't fully blame Bulger. He'd probably not be having near the problems if he had good blocking. To phrase it like TMQ, put him with the Colts offensive line and he would be making commercials.

I know I will, at a minimum, do better with Romo. He has always been putting up better points.

As for this week, playing against you seems to be a good omen. I can't wait to get the highest points this week. :D

I have a decision to make in another league, so I wouldn't mind some advice here. Pick one of the following:

Griese/Garcia/Harrington/Campbell

I'm leaning Griese.

I have a decision to make in another league, so I wouldn't mind some advice here. Pick one of the following:

I'm leaning Griese.

Griese at Detroit; First game back in the mix, If it's done deal. While he is going to do better then Grossman I wouldn't guess he'll have a big game.

Garcia at Carolina; Garcia is having a good year and I would take him out of this four

Harrington at Houston; Houston is much improved and the Falcons are going to get stomped in this one

Campbell at Bye

If you feel like taking advice from a guy that's 0-2-1 that is.

I'm leaning Griese.
I just picked up Griese in my other league, but that was because my current back-ups were Brodie Croyle and Byron Leftwich. I needed someone else who was actually actively playing.

I say flip a coin on Garcia or Griese The lions are, well, the lions. So Griese has a chance, and probably the desire, to make an early impression. Carolina allowed the Falcons to get more points than any other team so far so Garcia may be able to easily exploit them.

Harrington will struggle against Houston, moreso than he has so far. And Campbell should only be picked if you want a predictable outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back