GTPlanet Pet Peeves

I've got two:

- People who can't seem to distinguish opinions from "Being Ungrateful". News flash: You're on a forum with different people, not everyone is going to agree with you.

- The "OMG, so much drama. I R leavin" comments. You use one portion of the forums as a massive reason that "Whole Forum" has drama. Stop visiting that part if you don't like it so much instead of accusing the whole forum. Also if you're gonna leave, then DO IT ALREADY. Stop screaming from the top of the mountains like its supposed to be front page news. Seriously, this is a massive annoyance I see more and more. Grow a damn pair already.

I've got two:

- People who can't seem to distinguish opinions from "Being Ungrateful". News flash: You're on a forum with different people, not everyone is going to agree with you.

- The "OMG, so much drama. I R leavin" comments. You use one portion of the forums as a massive reason that "Whole Forum" has drama. Stop visiting that part if you don't like it so much instead of accusing the whole forum. Also if you're gonna leave, then DO IT ALREADY. Stop screaming from the top of the mountains like its supposed to be front page news. Seriously, this is a massive annoyance I see more and more. Grow a damn pair already.
I agree so much on this...

It's called a "Discussion", "Epic Crying" or "Opinion" for a reason kiddies. People involved are doing just that in the threads and forums, if you don't like people saying negative stuff then the thread/forum isn't made for you.

- When someone goes onto the site and lies about things like owning a certain car or something.
- When someone doesn't read the OP of a thread and goes straight to posting things.

- When someone doesn't read the OP of a thread and goes straight to posting things.
Yes, I was about to mention this one. Brings me back to the days when hybriding was big in GT5 and we weren't allowed to discuss how they were made. I can remember despite having the words "Read first post" in the title of the thread, people still pestered me about how to get the car color sample in GT5. :rolleyes:

I was patient back then, but now I would probably just report them on the spot. (If it was against the AUP of course)

People who put zero effort into the OP of general discussion threads for cars or video games. Tell us about it! Write a paragraph or two explaining the general concept of the game, who created it, etc. If it's part of a video game series, maybe include some background info so new players can be caught up. Find some reviews, preferably with differing views so there isn't a huge amount of bias. Get some gameplay videos up so we can see what it's about. Tell us which platforms it's available on and how much it currently is. With cars, write out the official specifications and the prices. If you're really lazy, copy and paste relevant paragraphs from Wikipedia, sans hyperlinks. Just give us something! Anything to get the ball rolling for your discussion thread helps.

Spoilers in the news feed...
IMG_0641.PNG

People who still upload their images here with embedded Flickr links. I enjoy browsing the photography threads here because it's wonderful to see how creative people can be. However, if I'm scrolling along on my phone and get sent to your page, that is extremely annoying. Or, if I click on an image to expand it, I'm immediately taken away from GTP.

Indecision.

I work with kids and young girls are much more prone to this than young boys.

Time is a ticking, kids. Make your ****ing mind up.

Indecision.

I work with kids and young girls are much more prone to this than young boys.

Time is a ticking, kids. Make your ****ing mind up.
One of my GTP pet peeves is when people forget to read the OP or the thread and misunderstand what a thread is for, then comment based on their assumptions. That really grinds my gears. ;)

When a user quotes a large post with a lot of content just to make a one line comment.
Like for example, when someone has a lot of images or videos in one post and someone decides to quote the whole thing just to make a short reply. Okay, it's not as annoying as it was on GTP11, but it can still be a problem if you're on mobile since it still has to load them anyway, sometimes it doesn't even have to be on mobile to be a problem. (I think it doesn't apply to uploaded images, but it does for pasted ones) Of course, if you are trying to scroll and you accidentally expand it, that can also be a problem.

This was even worse on GTP11 since the quotes were always expanded unlike now. I can remember in the old GT6 Car and Track Wishlist thread, GranTurismo916 used to make a massive list of everyone's suggestions (Which was cool) and some people literally quoted the whole thing just to make a one line comment. :boggled:

Last edited:
One of my GTP pet peeves is when people forget to read the OP or the thread and misunderstand what a thread is for, then comment based on their assumptions. That really grinds my gears. ;)
As a cool wall curator, that has happened more than once.

As much as I don't mind this recent layout, it is annoying how if I want to go edit a post on my Wii U, I have to do it in More Options otherwise it the post doesn't actually get edited. Hopefully when I get the Switch and use that Web Browser that won't be an issue.

As much as I don't mind this recent layout, it is annoying how if I want to go edit a post on my Wii U, I have to do it in More Options otherwise it the post doesn't actually get edited. Hopefully when I get the Switch and use that Web Browser that won't be an issue.
Except Switch didnt have a web browser.

There's workaround but its still as bad as Wii U since its only used for WiFi login.

Except Switch didnt have a web browser.

There's workaround but its still as bad as Wii U since its only used for WiFi login.
Oh... this feeling of disappointment is strong (granted I should've done some research before I got some expectations).

Granted I don't find the Wii U Web Browser that bad, it's just getting outdated nowadays due to the advances of websites. It's decently fast, I'd take it over Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge anyday but again it is getting outdated hence the issue I have now, which I know isn't GTPlanets problem but still a Pet Peeve that I have.

People who quote a lot of images when the post was literally right above them.

And the whole positive = fanboy mentality.
I also have a problem with the negative = downer/hater mentality.

It's not wrong to be positive, we need to be happy sometime but a little too much can be a bit delusional, and it is ok to be negative as long as you can either acknowledge it or use that to improve.

I like to think there needs to be a balance of positivity and negativity.

Dan
People who still upload their images here with embedded Flickr links. I enjoy browsing the photography threads here because it's wonderful to see how creative people can be. However, if I'm scrolling along on my phone and get sent to your page, that is extremely annoying. Or, if I click on an image to expand it, I'm immediately taken away from GTP.

It's part of Flickr's terms of service (though a bit hidden) that you at least provide a link back.

I don't think that's too much to ask, since it's a free service.

It's part of Flickr's terms of service (though a bit hidden) that you at least provide a link back.

I don't think that's too much to ask, since it's a free service.

If they had a separate URL in the post, that's fine. When every single image is a URL, that's aggravating.

Members that don't use the "Comment" button on profile posts and use status's to reply to them instead.
Okay I still stand by what I said here, but I have more I want to say on this and I would like to emphasize a little more on what I said previously.

Reason I find it annoying when people make a new status/profile post to respond to a post on someone's profile is because if I post something on the person's profile and they do this, I don't get notified when they do. Which I may not even know they posted it unless I check the users profile again or check the forum front page. Heck, even if I am not talking to them and I see them doing this to someone else, it still bugs and as a result I have a natural tendency to say "We have a comment button below the post.". Like I said earlier:
Like, there is comment button there plain as day, how do you not see it?
It's really not that hard to notice.

Another related annoyance I have in regards to people not using the comment button is when someone decides to respond to my profile post to them by making a profile post on my wall instead of using the comment button. (Wow that's a mouthful :lol:) Okay, it's not as annoying as what I said earlier since I do get notified, but it is possible in some instances I may not know what they are referring to since they didn't properly reply to it. This isn't GTP11 anymore people....

lol technically my peeve still applies here in the forums as evident in the Talk Me Down thread.

But you're right, I completely forgot what this thread was for until I woke up this morning.

I have a bad habit of almost and sometimes actually doing something similar, where I attempt to respond to the OP only to find out the OP was posted years ago and is likely outdated.

Back