GTPlanet Pet Peeves

When people like one of my comments for no reason or like every single comment in a thread. I've seen this happen a lot.

and now that I said that; someone might like this.
Well funny enough I did "like" your post, but I did because I actually agree with it.

Members that deliberately "like" every post because they can and not so much because they actually like it do tend to annoy me as well. I feel like if they do it for that reason, their likes are meaningless, when they blow up your alerts, that's when it becomes annoying.

Last edited:
their likes are meaningless

The more you saturate something, the less valuable/special it becomes. You know, kinda like those songs you hear on the radio... or when people stretch a joke until it loses appropriate context (and expect you to laugh anyway)...

When people like one of my comments for no reason or like every single comment in a thread.
Members that deliberately "like" every post because they can and not so much because they actually like it do tend to annoy me as well.
How do you know it's for no reason or simply because they can? You don't get to decide what someone else can or cannot like or assume to know what's going on in their head.

TB
How do you know it's for no reason or simply because they can? You don't get to decide what someone else can or cannot like or assume to know what's going on in their head.
It was an exaggeration, I didn't mean that I assume that users like a post for no reason. I'm sorry though, I know people can like as they please and could truly like the thing.

At the same time though; I just can't help, but feel annoyed when I have a whole bunch of likes on my comments in my notifications box. I'll get over it I suppose.

TB
Well I wasn't really trying to claim that I knew if they were doing it because they can, it's just what crosses my mind and I wasn't telling anyone what they should or shouldn't like either. I understand members can "like" whatever posts they want to, I just get annoyed when I get tons of alerts from someone liking a lot my posts and seeing that same person liking nearly an entire page.

:scared:

Last edited:
"liking" has become such a part of society because of FB, I think as it almost as a first response and courtesy from some people to let you know that in fact read what you said.

My personal GTPlanet Pet Peeve would have to be seeing how some members in this community treat others if they were wrong or had a differing opinion. I see this happen even outside the opinions forum and it's sad. Users gang up against another or completely put them down at times.... That being said, some of the one's being ganged up on don't help themselves, but still.

When people like one of my comments for no reason or like every single comment in a thread. I've seen this happen a lot.

If people liking comments for no reason and people liking every comment in a thread grinds your gears, then don't ever visit the Beater or Sleeper thread in the GT6 section. An average one-line post, meaningful or not, receives five likes, all from the same members.

When you're browsing thru older pages in the funny gifs/ funny screenshots threads (Basically just about any thread) and the pictures show up with an image icon witha red X, and then 6-10 comments about the picture that you can't see...

When you're browsing thru older pages in the funny gifs/ funny screenshots threads (Basically just about any thread) and the pictures show up with an image icon witha red X, and then 6-10 comments about the picture that you can't see...
Belive me... It only gets worse when you go premium...
but there's tons of other benefits

• When someone posts a status that you can't comment on because their profile is locked
  • When people don't understand a joke/take it as an offense
  • People who hate on you because of your opinion
  • People with intimidating avatars/avatars that match their personality (if their personality is negative)

Maybe they just enjoyed the content of your post (that was a long way to go to avoid accidentally making a 'like' pun). When someone likes one of my posts, my response is "yay, I'm not hated." Not "I wonder if they really meant it." :lol: Wait, did I just quote a post from 3 months ago?

Anyway, I don't really get bothered by it anymore. It was a silly thing to get peeved by anyway.
It doesn't have to blow up your alerts anyway, even if you want to know about your likes for active conversations.

alerts.PNG

Back