GTPlanet Racing (GRID Autosport Club)

Format: Dano20 // GTP_Dano89 // Dano2012 // Touring/Open Wheel/Street/Endurance // 89
Just got the game and I am loving it just sent in my application to the club on racenet.

I'm a fool, didn't realize I have to send in an application through racenet. lol
Anyways, parameters are: xJankaLV/PSN:bone_deth667/racenet:xJankaLV/anything but drift/333

@Johnnypenso and others; i bought the game digitally so i don't have a manual. Can someone explain the concept of the online garage? I mean you can buy cars to race with them, i heard you can acquire 30 but there are only 5 slots? How does that work? Haven't played in an online race before but i suppose the cars you buys are the ones you have to race with no? Or can someone just start a lobby and select any ingame car type, at which point i'm wondering whats the use of buying cars then?

Also you have the new and used car garages, the used ones always come with damage, so i guess everyone buys it new seeing you have to pay for repairs and the price difference is not that great? What's the use of it then exactly?

@Johnnypenso and others; i bought the game digitally so i don't have a manual. Can someone explain the concept of the online garage? I mean you can buy cars to race with them, i heard you can acquire 30 but there are only 5 slots? How does that work? Haven't played in an online race before but i suppose the cars you buys are the ones you have to race with no? Or can someone just start a lobby and select any ingame car type, at which point i'm wondering whats the use of buying cars then?

Also you have the new and used car garages, the used ones always come with damage, so i guess everyone buys it new seeing you have to pay for repairs and the price difference is not that great? What's the use of it then exactly?
You can buy new slots in your garage, and the ability to do so unlocks as you level up (say, get to online level 10 then you can buy a new slot).

You can choose to use either the cars you have bought or you can use loaner cars (with the offline team liveries). These loaners come pre-damaged so they naturally have lower performance. You can also not upgrade them, fine-tune them or apply your own liveries to them.

I don't have a manual either:mad: As @The Stig Farmer points out, garage slots are unlocked as you level up. I think I have 10 now and the next one doesn't unlock until level 50 IIRC. I'm sure I also read that more garage slots open up if you get the Season Pass ($30).

When it comes to new and used, the price difference was small so I bought all new cars. You make a ton of money by doing the RaceNet Challenges each week. The payoffs are normal while you run the event but at the end of the week when the new challenges arrive, in my case it dropped several hundred thousand dollars into my account. I assume that changes based on what difficulty bonus you had and how high you finished, but that's how I bought most of my cars.

When you go online, if you own the particular car that's in a race, you can use your own car with whatever custom liveries you have, including our GTP livery. To earn points for the team you have to use the livery. If you don't own any cars that qualify for the event, one is supplied to you but you can't tune it. I have raced mostly Touring Cars and in stock form they are fast enough to compete and stock handling is always very good.

You buy cars for customization and tuning. You can adjust gear ratios for example and get better acceleration on shorter tracks, or tighten up the LSD to make the car a little more stable to suit your driving style. The GTP livery also looks pretty sharp on the grid.👍👍

Last edited:
Thanks for the info both. It seems your cars also have their own level? I wanted to tune the classic mini i have online, and saw that you need level 6 to unlock tuning, yet i'm already at level 26 due to the racenet challenges?

Bit confused here with all the different level systems.

If it does work like that it would give an incentive for people to take their cars to track 👍

tstig712 // Sgt_Kilgore712 // tstig // touring, endurance, street, tuner, open wheel // 79

just sent the application

Thanks for the info both. It seems your cars also have their own level? I wanted to tune the classic mini i have online, and saw that you need level 6 to unlock tuning, yet i'm already at level 26 due to the racenet challenges?

Bit confused here with all the different level systems.

If it does work like that it would give an incentive for people to take their cars to track 👍
There are three separate levels, afaik.
1 your driver level
2 each discipline has it's own level up system
3 each car has it's own leveling up to do, too

Last edited:
Hi, i'm interested in joining GTPlanet Racing so may I join?
Format: NW48// Ninth_wonder48// NW48// Touring, Endurance// 48
EDIT: Just sent my application in

Last edited:
The GTP Livery looks great! Only applied it to the free Vw Golf for now as I don't own any cars... as yet

Nick Skyline - Any reason I have not been added to the club? I have applied online a couple of times and no response. Everyone who has requested after my initial request on this forum have been added. Have I done something to upset you?

Jeez, 43 members already? This club is getting big.

Nick Skyline - Any reason I have not been added to the club? I have applied online a couple of times and no response. Everyone who has requested after my initial request on this forum have been added. Have I done something to upset you?

No, you have not. That is actually an error on my part, because I didn't know you were a member of the GTPlanet forums at first. :dunce: Please, consider yourself welcome here, and remember:
You must be a member of the GTPlanet forums before you can join.

I'd like to reiterate this rule, because I've gotten a few applications from people that aren't members of the forums. I've had to reject their applications because of this rule. The easiest way I can know whether or not you're a member is telling me the information presented in the OP about yourself. I keep a roster of all the members in there.

@Wolfman_UK: I believe your Racenet ID is HWWolf...am I right?=

@Tak[TEC] // TakFR // TakFR // Touring, Endurence, Open Wheel // 13

I would like to join, already sent in an application :)

Come right in, but I'd like to ask you to please use a different number. @Stiggy has already chosen #13.

Last edited:
I am indeed HWWOLF. I thought I had given all the required information in my original post on page 6. Still, never mind. Look forward to being a member of the team. :gtpflag:

Edit - i raced online for a few hours with a club and joined them so fo now ignore my request.

Spitfire77 // PSN - SoCaLLbeer // Racenet - SoCaLLbeer // Touring (I guess) // 77

Last edited:
Come right in, but I'd like to ask you to please use a different number. @Stiggy has already chosen #13.

Done, changed number to 86 :)

Having a problem applying to the club though, I can't see anything that gives me the option to apply, I also cannot find the club via the club search option (I can see it through the link you posted on the front page but that is all)

Last edited:
Done, changed number to 86 :)

Having a problem applying to the club though, I can't see anything that gives me the option to apply, I also cannot find the club via the club search option (I can see it through the link you posted on the front page but that is all)
Try going to the racenet website linked on the first page of this thread. I don't think you can apply through the game.

EDIT: I can see myself in the members list on the site, but i'm not a member in game?
In the game it only seems to show the first 20 members.

Go to 'My Vehicles'
Select a Car
- Vehicle Livery - if you can change the livery to a Racenet club livery, you good to go and you are part of the GTPlanet Racing Club

EDIT: I can see myself in the members list on the site, but i'm not a member in game?

Same here.

Go to 'My Vehicles'
Select a Car
- Vehicle Livery - if you can change the livery to a Racenet club livery, you good to go and you are part of the GTPlanet Racing Club

Tried that. Didn't work. It tells me to go sign up to a club.

In the game it only seems to show the first 20 members.

Go to 'My Vehicles'
Select a Car

Yeah tried that too, doesn't work

Back