• 15,734 comments
Recession hit in this thread.

Finally got around to getting out photos of this one:

poster.JPG

face.jpg

backface.jpg

profile.jpg

overview.jpg

Edit: Wow. Just realized I didn't take any photos of opening parts.

And I take it that is the Minichamps Z4 GT3? Nice pics of it.

I don't think any other brand, maybe Kyosho, makes the GT3 in this scale.

But yeah, thanks.

I'm getting a better sense of where I should be light painting when stacking multiple shots.

Picked up these 2 Spark 1/18 scale Porsche 911 Weissach Edition GT2 RS and GT3 RS

Not too thrilled about the black GT2. Bought "new" on ebay but it was definitely already opened and it was covered in fingerprints. Cleaned up okay, but still ticks me off.
44127047784_386e47120c_b.jpg

Dude,

Outside of Japan, 90% of people online will describe their goods as "New " on eBay (despite the site stating that this means the product has never been opened) so long as the product isn't missing anything or damaged. People don't want that "Used" title devaluing their resell value. At least it's not damaged.

But hey, you're not wrong though. I'd write a message to the seller to see what he can do (making him aware he is at the risk of a less-than-positive feedback rating).

I bought a PMA GT3 RS earlier (no pics, I have been very busy with my newborn son) I wish I have extra cash to burn on the Spark GT2 RS...AA have announced their own GT2, but god knows how many years until we can finally get a hand on it.

MSZ
How about this bright coloured RWB?
42634036_2179345598973296_607970371848634368_o.jpg
That is an interesting shade of green. :lol: Looks like Birch Green.

RWB doesn't quite fit in my collection, sticking to standard Porsche road cars. I don't have any Singer 911s either.

Finally starting to clear up the backlog of cars documented before it gets any longer.

I bought this model car back at December 2016. In fact, I'd been eyeing it for quite a long while before I even bought it, from what I can recount, and this also marks my first foray into the realm of high quality 1/18. I bought this for around 150 USD from the official retail store in HK, and the price is already discounted. Originally I wanted the #007 version, but it was sold out, so it's either this or the #008. One of the biggest criticism I have about the model is the plastic front and rear spoiler, and the front canards. Instead of recreating that carbon fibre look with pad-printing or decals (or whatever method they used with the air intake in the engine bay), they decided to do it through making the plastic uneven with a grainy texture. It looks fine in the photos, but up close the texture immediately gave it away. Sometimes the engine cowl also won't fit snugly, which requires some fiddling. Another point worth mentioning is that the material used to mimic the alcantara on the steering wheel flakes off very easily, as I learnt it the hard way.

One thing that I discovered after the purchase is that AUTOart isn't all that good when it comes to accurately portraying the actual cars in races, as I found out that the features found on the model are mostly a mix of various features found on cars in different races. For instance, the side canards, which I presume belong to the high downforce aero kit for races other than Le Mans, is featured on the #008 with decals depicting the Le Mans version. Or the triangles on the windshield 'banners' may actually belong to pre-Le Mans cars, but are featured on cars whose side mirror colours resemble post-Le Mans ones, just to illustrate what I'm talking about.

There is so much more that I could have said, but it's been a year and a half since I bought this car, so most of them have been forgotten, and I'll just move on to the photos:

Some multi-exposure shots:

And finally a pic that actually shows the engine bay:

I will most likely buy the S55 AMG and Alfa Stelvio. I kinda want that Koenig F348 too, but every single Ferrari model they produced looked cheap. I will have to see what the final product looks like first.

What do you guys think is the likeliness that Otto can pull off another "E46 M3 CSL"; a product that no one else makes/made and ends up appreciating in value years down the road?

In that above pic alone, they've got plenty that are unique, but I have a feeling most of them won't retain their value.

What do you guys think is the likeliness that Otto can pull off another "E46 M3 CSL"; a product that no one else makes/made and ends up appreciating in value years down the road?

In that above pic alone, they've got plenty that are unique, but I have a feeling most of them won't retain their value.
Eh, depends how desirable the car is in the first place, I suppose. Everyone loves the E46 M3 CSL (pretty much) and it makes sense to hold value if no one else has made it in scale as well.

In the pic above, I don't see any standouts, really. But I think Otto/ GTS are real good about filling the gaps where models don't exist (or existed long ago and are being replaced) so who know which ones will become valuable.

Personally, I don't buy cars with their future value in mind, I just buy the car if I like it and some become valuable.

Back