GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
That GT2 looks great in red!

I love these Spark 991 Porsches. Sure, they are a bit costly for sealed resin models, but they are good quality cars. I grabbed a 911 R recently (a white with green stripes and black wheels, one of the reasonable price ones, not the limited numbered dealer versions that go in the hundreds of dollars), but it's unopened until I decide if I want to keep it or not.

That GT2 looks great in red!

I love these Spark 991 Porsches. Sure, they are a bit costly for sealed resin models, but they are good quality cars. I grabbed a 911 R recently (a white with green stripes and black wheels, one of the reasonable price ones, not the limited numbered dealer versions that go in the hundreds of dollars), but it's unopened until I decide if I want to keep it or not.

You can send it to me for cheap if you don't mind. lol

Spark switched to plastic bases now? Or is that just a Limited Edition thing?

It has heen discussed before, both Spark and GT Spirit Porsche dealer boxes share the same plastic base and display case.

GTS also sell those cases as standalone items too.

Bought this for the bargain basement price of $85. I am in love with this car.
JtH3Fov.jpg

WWeOibO.jpg

DY6hPsl.jpg

BCUKkPJ.jpg

MCRbVfK.jpg

N1kCtZW.jpg

oyGBK8d.jpg

7o0T59s.jpg

It looks massive sitting next to my Porsche 917 and Ford GT.

I banned myself from buying more models, but I couldn't not buy this 1/18 Otto ST185. Very good quality for the price... And a far more accurate representation than the Topmarques version (with its lowered roofline). Great model overall 👍 Would look great in a display cabinet next to the Ottomobile ST165.

43879078620_8d8205c8a8_h.jpg

43879076420_45f68315ca_h.jpg

43879076450_afe2a851cb_h.jpg

43879080630_8981364be6_h.jpg

What I don't like about 1:18 scale is not just their price, but that they take awfully lot of storage space.
That's why I prefer 1:43. One shelf in my cabinet with glass doors can take 11-13 1:43 cars (or even more, depending on their placing and cars' sizes) or just two 1:18 cars (and a couple of bikes without sidecars of that scale).

P.S. Another random part of my 1:43 collection - 1967 FIAT Abarth T140 and a recent newcomer to GT Sport, Ferrari 288 GTO.
z_c778ffd9.jpg

z_2171c6a5.jpg

z_8fadc7bb.jpg

What makes WIT'S models so expensive? Seems to be the only way I can find a 4th generation Lexus GS/GS F-Sport model and they're all around $400.... :crazy:
s-l1600.jpg

Is it because there isn't a lot of them around? The price of a specific Ninja Turtle figure went up 400 to 700% just because of how rarely they appear on eBay. Quality is the same as the other 3 though.

Guys, if you want a 1/18 911 GT3R Hybrid made by Spark (the orange-and-white one that actually raced at the Nurburgring 24 Hours, instead of the showcar), there’s one for sale on EBay right now. Although it’s priced at a premium compared to other GT3R Hybrids, I think it’s still worth the money, considering it actually came with the racing decals, and most important of all, only 300 of this edition are produced. (Which also explains why they’re so hard to come by on online auction sites like EBay.)

If you decide to get one (and actually bought it), please make sure you keep it in a good condition, because I wanted one so badly, but I’ve already spent quite a lot on model cars several months ago that spending another penny on them would ensure mass annihilation by my mother (even if some of it would come from my own pocket)... :( :guilty:

Here’s the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spark-Pors...326565?hash=item4d8136afa5:g:4fQAAOSwHnJb6tWv

You mean you want one of us to buy one and keep it for you until you're ready to buy it from us?

You do realize that many of us are also Porsche fans, I know for myself, if I buy that Im going to keep it forever.

MSZ
You mean you want one of us to buy one and keep it for you until you're ready to buy it from us?

You do realize that many of us are also Porsche fans, I know for myself, if I buy that Im going to keep it forever.
I know that for sure. What I’m trying to say is that since I won’t be able to enjoy this model, I wish that the one who actually bought it (should he come from GTPlanet as well) would be able to cherish it, especially since I most probably won’t get to. Sure, I’m not instructing the buyer to do anything with it, and he can throw it into the trash can inmediately upon receiving it if he so pleases, but it’s just a wish of mine for it to be kept in a good state.

Picked up two 1/18 scale Porsche 911 2.7 Carrera RS models. Left is a 2.7 RS Lightweight from Minichamps and right is a 2.7 RS Touring from Norev. The Norev is sealed, sadly, but not a bad model for about $60 USD and I really like the olive green decals. Though, it has a few errors such as missing Porsche crest on the wheels and the decals on the rear are off. The "Carrera RS" sticker is too high on the rear and the "Porsche" sticker is a bit too narrow and curved.
45844191572_df5fff21a8_b.jpg

45893863661_671cb31731_b.jpg

I got the Minichamps despite already owning an Autoart version of the Lightweight because I think it is overall the most accurate version of the car in 1/18, especially the wheels. I will take more comparison pictures soon.
45844190912_9507bcf2d8_b.jpg

And that rounds out my RS collection. 2.7 Touring, 2.7 Lightweight and 2.8 RSR.
45844189832_217a0c6b19_b.jpg

MSZ
Another 15% off sale at eBay today. I am thinking about the Ignition Supra. Still ain't sure though.

Wait for my pics. I'll sell you mine most likely.

sNadOtOl.jpg

I want to try swapping the wheels between R33s. On some models, I've noticed they actually have diffuser pieces they glue on covering screw holes rendering the disassembly of some models impossible without breaking off something first.

Also dude, have not been getting hit with customs in the last 2 months of arrived shipments. Am I just lucky?

Wait for my pics. I'll sell you mine most likely.

sNadOtOl.jpg

I want to try swapping the wheels between R33s. On some models, I've noticed they actually have diffuser pieces they glue on covering screw holes rendering the disassembly of some models impossible without breaking off something first.

Also dude, have not been getting hit with customs in the last 2 months of arrived shipments. Am I just lucky?

I will ask you on a later date about the Supra.

And yea, you have been very lucky with your tax-free purchases. This year hasn't been a good year for me in that regard.

Okay here's another set. This time I didn't mess with my monitor's brightness settings. If it's too dark for your screen, then too bad for you! :lol:

poster.jpg

overview.jpg

profile.jpg

frontquarter.jpg

If model weight means anything to you, HPI models seem to have a brick inside like GT Spirit products.

GT Spirits don't have any visible weights in them, just REALLY thick castings inside. At least I never saw weights in the several I took apart anyway...
And I need to take a pic of the crap I brought from my mom's soon...

Last edited:
Back