GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
In Sydney for the World Time Attack challenge and happened upon “Model Cars Too.” A massive model car shop in The city’s CBD. The collection was simply incredible and I spent no less than 45 minutes walking around the many display cabinets out of sheer admiration of the stock they had on hand. Every wall covered floor to ceiling with cars, in a depth of brands, makes and scale which was unbelievable.
C24A9A03-6958-4295-82DF-B57C86E341CC.jpeg

In the end I felt like I should probably buy something after gawking for so long, and settled on this Viper as the happy middle ground of rareness, personal interest and affordability.
CC87BDDB-C553-453D-80C2-DC8B7306716C.jpeg
As much as I’d have killed for the 1:18 Bathurst winning Nismo GTR or the massive back catalogue of Le Mans winners and contenders; signed V8 Supercars & unusual roadcars; price was unfortunately a determining factor.
6C1D4C79-54B6-4AF0-AE93-AA6CA1ABA7CF.jpeg

If you’re ever in Sydney though, I highly recommend that you google Model Car shop and check this place out. I highly doubt there’s a better model shop in Australia and there can’t be many that top it anywhere in the world. Can’t wait to see how the Viper looks in my collection :D
461B3F91-8DFF-44D8-81D1-1A0227FBF71B.jpeg

Wish we had stores like that somewhere near where I live... Closest one with a decent variety that isn't just NASCAR is a 3 hour drive in another state. :(

Gave up searching the local drug and grocery stores for the new Welly pullback cars, ended up buying a 4 car set off Amazon.
43660704_10217955760785003_8961476222613716992_o.jpg

Been obsessed with the Lexus RC/RC F lately, so I wanted some "cheaper" scale models.

In Sydney for the World Time Attack challenge and happened upon “Model Cars Too.” A massive model car shop in The city’s CBD. The collection was simply incredible and I spent no less than 45 minutes walking around the many display cabinets out of sheer admiration of the stock they had on hand. Every wall covered floor to ceiling with cars, in a depth of brands, makes and scale which was unbelievable.
View attachment 772141

In the end I felt like I should probably buy something after gawking for so long, and settled on this Viper as the happy middle ground of rareness, personal interest and affordability.
View attachment 772138
As much as I’d have killed for the 1:18 Bathurst winning Nismo GTR or the massive back catalogue of Le Mans winners and contenders; signed V8 Supercars & unusual roadcars; price was unfortunately a determining factor.
View attachment 772140

If you’re ever in Sydney though, I highly recommend that you google Model Car shop and check this place out. I highly doubt there’s a better model shop in Australia and there can’t be many that top it anywhere in the world. Can’t wait to see how the Viper looks in my collection :D
View attachment 772139

Very cool, my place is only 15,600 km away from this shop. I would love to give them a visit someday.

MSZ
Very cool, my place is only 15,600 km away from this shop. I would love to give them a visit someday.
You’ve got me beat! Mines 1,300km away and I thought that was pretty far :lol:

I thought I better mention it in this thread just in case somebody from here ends up travelling to Sydney for a holiday. It is an absoloute gem of a store and I figured that if I plant the seed, if anybody’s ever here for whatever reason, they might just have a niggling thought deep in the back of their head that it’s worth looking up model car shops. It would be a shame to miss it :)

View attachment 772141

View attachment 772138
View attachment 772140

View attachment 772139
There's a store just like this in Melbourne.

Check out this lovely panel gap by EBBRO

81116-9.12_032_1.jpg

They've also got this in white, blue and black.... For preorders that is.

Hey guys we could use your help with this. It's an model car photography contest. Please stop by and drop a vote! It's really appreciated.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/automotive-model-photography-competition-102-poll.382590/

Cool! Something I have to keep an eye on, I’ll try to join the competition :) Shame I missed this one since I just completed the Exoto 935 Martini trio.

Got something in the mail today :D
44659168714_05d4d8f1b1_b.jpg

45332340282_3bb5a0973a_b.jpg

Very pleased with how it looks, only thing I need is something like plastic glass on top and on the front to keep dust from falling in. Didn't have much time today to show my other cars but will do in the next few days :)

Cool! Something I have to keep an eye on, I’ll try to join the competition :) Shame I missed this one since I just completed the Exoto 935 Martini trio.

Got something in the mail today :D
44659168714_05d4d8f1b1_b.jpg

45332340282_3bb5a0973a_b.jpg

Very pleased with how it looks, only thing I need is something like plastic glass on top and on the front to keep dust from falling in. Didn't have much time today to show my other cars but will do in the next few days :)

That's a nice setup! Looking forward to seeing you and me maybe some othe photography loving inspired souls in the comp. Just participate we won't bite :P

Ham and cheese is something positive right? (We hit a language barrier here :lol: )
Don't worry, I don't know what it means either. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. :lol:

Nice Porsche collection by the way and I love the diorama. There was a time I really wanted that Exoto 935 (the plain body version), but I cut out race cars from my collection entirely.

Don't worry, I don't know what it means either. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. :lol:

Nice Porsche collection by the way and I love the diorama. There was a time I really wanted that Exoto 935 (the plain body version), but I cut out race cars from my collection entirely.

All we can ask is what's that aboot :D

Thanks!! Why did you cut out on race cars? My focus was always on race cars (1/18 and 1/43) but recently I got a 991 GT3 RS, then came the GT2 RS and now there's no stopping me :D I guess I collect both now..

All we can ask is what's that aboot :D

Thanks!! Why did you cut out on race cars? My focus was always on race cars (1/18 and 1/43) but recently I got a 991 GT3 RS, then came the GT2 RS and now there's no stopping me :D I guess I collect both now..
I started with road cars only but got a few race cars before deciding it was too expensive a road to go down and I sold them off. :(

Just needed some limits on my collection to keep it reasonable, is all.

Back