GTPlanet Scale model thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 16,202 comments
  • 1,569,330 views
What do you guys think is the likeliness that Otto can pull off another "E46 M3 CSL"; a product that no one else makes/made and ends up appreciating in value years down the road?

In that above pic alone, they've got plenty that are unique, but I have a feeling most of them won't retain their value.
Eh, depends how desirable the car is in the first place, I suppose. Everyone loves the E46 M3 CSL (pretty much) and it makes sense to hold value if no one else has made it in scale as well.

In the pic above, I don't see any standouts, really. But I think Otto/ GTS are real good about filling the gaps where models don't exist (or existed long ago and are being replaced) so who know which ones will become valuable.

Personally, I don't buy cars with their future value in mind, I just buy the car if I like it and some become valuable.
 
In Sydney for the World Time Attack challenge and happened upon “Model Cars Too.” A massive model car shop in The city’s CBD. The collection was simply incredible and I spent no less than 45 minutes walking around the many display cabinets out of sheer admiration of the stock they had on hand. Every wall covered floor to ceiling with cars, in a depth of brands, makes and scale which was unbelievable.
C24A9A03-6958-4295-82DF-B57C86E341CC.jpeg

In the end I felt like I should probably buy something after gawking for so long, and settled on this Viper as the happy middle ground of rareness, personal interest and affordability.
CC87BDDB-C553-453D-80C2-DC8B7306716C.jpeg
As much as I’d have killed for the 1:18 Bathurst winning Nismo GTR or the massive back catalogue of Le Mans winners and contenders; signed V8 Supercars & unusual roadcars; price was unfortunately a determining factor.
6C1D4C79-54B6-4AF0-AE93-AA6CA1ABA7CF.jpeg

If you’re ever in Sydney though, I highly recommend that you google Model Car shop and check this place out. I highly doubt there’s a better model shop in Australia and there can’t be many that top it anywhere in the world. Can’t wait to see how the Viper looks in my collection :D
461B3F91-8DFF-44D8-81D1-1A0227FBF71B.jpeg
 
Wish we had stores like that somewhere near where I live... Closest one with a decent variety that isn't just NASCAR is a 3 hour drive in another state. :(

Gave up searching the local drug and grocery stores for the new Welly pullback cars, ended up buying a 4 car set off Amazon.
43660704_10217955760785003_8961476222613716992_o.jpg

Been obsessed with the Lexus RC/RC F lately, so I wanted some "cheaper" scale models.
 
In Sydney for the World Time Attack challenge and happened upon “Model Cars Too.” A massive model car shop in The city’s CBD. The collection was simply incredible and I spent no less than 45 minutes walking around the many display cabinets out of sheer admiration of the stock they had on hand. Every wall covered floor to ceiling with cars, in a depth of brands, makes and scale which was unbelievable.
View attachment 772141

In the end I felt like I should probably buy something after gawking for so long, and settled on this Viper as the happy middle ground of rareness, personal interest and affordability.
View attachment 772138
As much as I’d have killed for the 1:18 Bathurst winning Nismo GTR or the massive back catalogue of Le Mans winners and contenders; signed V8 Supercars & unusual roadcars; price was unfortunately a determining factor.
View attachment 772140

If you’re ever in Sydney though, I highly recommend that you google Model Car shop and check this place out. I highly doubt there’s a better model shop in Australia and there can’t be many that top it anywhere in the world. Can’t wait to see how the Viper looks in my collection :D
View attachment 772139

Very cool, my place is only 15,600 km away from this shop. I would love to give them a visit someday.
 
MSZ
Very cool, my place is only 15,600 km away from this shop. I would love to give them a visit someday.
You’ve got me beat! Mines 1,300km away and I thought that was pretty far :lol:

I thought I better mention it in this thread just in case somebody from here ends up travelling to Sydney for a holiday. It is an absoloute gem of a store and I figured that if I plant the seed, if anybody’s ever here for whatever reason, they might just have a niggling thought deep in the back of their head that it’s worth looking up model car shops. It would be a shame to miss it :)
 
In Sydney for the World Time Attack challenge and happened upon “Model Cars Too.” A massive model car shop in The city’s CBD. The collection was simply incredible and I spent no less than 45 minutes walking around the many display cabinets out of sheer admiration of the stock they had on hand. Every wall covered floor to ceiling with cars, in a depth of brands, makes and scale which was unbelievable.
View attachment 772141

In the end I felt like I should probably buy something after gawking for so long, and settled on this Viper as the happy middle ground of rareness, personal interest and affordability.
View attachment 772138
As much as I’d have killed for the 1:18 Bathurst winning Nismo GTR or the massive back catalogue of Le Mans winners and contenders; signed V8 Supercars & unusual roadcars; price was unfortunately a determining factor.
View attachment 772140

If you’re ever in Sydney though, I highly recommend that you google Model Car shop and check this place out. I highly doubt there’s a better model shop in Australia and there can’t be many that top it anywhere in the world. Can’t wait to see how the Viper looks in my collection :D
View attachment 772139
There's a store just like this in Melbourne.
 
Check out this lovely panel gap by EBBRO

81116-9.12_032_1.jpg


They've also got this in white, blue and black.... For preorders that is.
 
Dat panel gap around the hood tho...
Makes the panel gaps on my HWE LaF look amazing in comparison :lol:
 
Huge panel gap aside, Ebbro also got the front calipers wrong. AA is definitely the one to go.
 
MSZ
It's the long weekend, so I finally be able to take some time to take a few shots of my RS:

IMG_20181006_234919

This is so cool! I went searching if there was anything for sale so I could too show my cars in nice diorama and I found a few. Ordered something :D Hope it arrives soon! Also ordered a lift :dopey:
 
I will wait for the BBR diecast LaF to complete my Holy Trinity.
 
Hey guys we could use your help with this. It's an model car photography contest. Please stop by and drop a vote! It's really appreciated.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/automotive-model-photography-competition-102-poll.382590/

Cool! Something I have to keep an eye on, I’ll try to join the competition :) Shame I missed this one since I just completed the Exoto 935 Martini trio.

Got something in the mail today :D
44659168714_05d4d8f1b1_b.jpg


45332340282_3bb5a0973a_b.jpg


Very pleased with how it looks, only thing I need is something like plastic glass on top and on the front to keep dust from falling in. Didn't have much time today to show my other cars but will do in the next few days :)
 
Cool! Something I have to keep an eye on, I’ll try to join the competition :) Shame I missed this one since I just completed the Exoto 935 Martini trio.

Got something in the mail today :D
44659168714_05d4d8f1b1_b.jpg


45332340282_3bb5a0973a_b.jpg


Very pleased with how it looks, only thing I need is something like plastic glass on top and on the front to keep dust from falling in. Didn't have much time today to show my other cars but will do in the next few days :)

That's a nice setup! Looking forward to seeing you and me maybe some othe photography loving inspired souls in the comp. Just participate we won't bite :P
 
45395105691_aa04825c15_b.jpg


45395105411_629899949d_b.jpg


44671581314_c1e94b083b_b.jpg


44671581214_7d099eae4e_b.jpg


44671581294_caebac8282_b.jpg


45395105541_967a55f529_b.jpg


31519783578_a1f6d024ae_b.jpg


More Porsches next time :D A lot are on their bases and I wasn't feeling it to unscrew them so late in the evening.

Have some cheese with all this ham you've gone!
 
Ham and cheese is something positive right? (We hit a language barrier here :lol: )
Don't worry, I don't know what it means either. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. :lol:

Nice Porsche collection by the way and I love the diorama. There was a time I really wanted that Exoto 935 (the plain body version), but I cut out race cars from my collection entirely.
 
Don't worry, I don't know what it means either. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. :lol:

Nice Porsche collection by the way and I love the diorama. There was a time I really wanted that Exoto 935 (the plain body version), but I cut out race cars from my collection entirely.

All we can ask is what's that aboot :D

Thanks!! Why did you cut out on race cars? My focus was always on race cars (1/18 and 1/43) but recently I got a 991 GT3 RS, then came the GT2 RS and now there's no stopping me :D I guess I collect both now..
 
All we can ask is what's that aboot :D

Thanks!! Why did you cut out on race cars? My focus was always on race cars (1/18 and 1/43) but recently I got a 991 GT3 RS, then came the GT2 RS and now there's no stopping me :D I guess I collect both now..
I started with road cars only but got a few race cars before deciding it was too expensive a road to go down and I sold them off. :(

Just needed some limits on my collection to keep it reasonable, is all.
 
So i moved into a bigger place, started setting up my mancave. Iv'e come a long way from 13 1:18 models in 2016.. also still need to setup my 1:43's...



20181018231855.jpg
20181018232131.jpg
 
Last edited:
Ham and cheese is something positive right? (We hit a language barrier here :lol: )

To go "ham" means to go all out. In this case, on spending.

I just added the cheese bit to get overly-creative. Has absolutely no meaning.


#cucumba


Grr! Light up the backdrop so the window doesn't blend in! :lol:
 
Grr! Light up the backdrop so the window doesn't blend in! :lol:
lol it was like 5 AM and i was about to pass out when i took the pics :lol:
Whenever I do a full set I will probably brighten it a bit.
 
Back