GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
I... splurged recently in accordance to the shift in criteria.

This is what the collection is shaping up to be now:

pQfvssU.jpg

All hope is lost for the AR Bentley Blower making production, as well as the Ebbro NSX GT3 models. Will let go of the Huayra Roadster for now, but I may have to re-add a row if AR pulls through with the Cinque Roadster.

I... splurged recently in accordance to the shift in criteria.

This is what the collection is shaping up to be now:

pQfvssU.jpg

All hope is lost for the AR Bentley Blower making production, as well as the Ebbro NSX GT3 models. Will let go of the Huayra Roadster for now, but I may have to re-add a row if AR pulls through with the Cinque Roadster.
Not gonna lie, I am slightly interested in that IG Supra MK4. Also, who is making the IMSA RS200? I need that in my life :drool:
Also been trying to round up all of my 1/18 cars into one gallery as a sort of visual collection inventory. Here is what I have so far, though it is still in work (Missing AA and GTS models iirc):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138480795@N03/albums/72157714269709927

Not gonna lie, I am slightly interested in that IG Supra MK4. Also, who is making the IMSA RS200? I need that in my life :drool:
Also been trying to round up all of my 1/18 cars into one gallery as a sort of visual collection inventory. Here is what I have so far, though it is still in work (Missing AA and GTS models iirc):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138480795@N03/albums/72157714269709927

The Supra is pending pickup at the moment. If the guy flops in the next coming weeks, I'll let you know.

Also I had a feeling you'd ask about the RS200. :sly: No one is making that. The wrench and screwdriver icons indicate they are or will be a custom. Secured a slightly-overpriced Ricko the other day and putting it aside for now. One could argue I could've just worked with the shabby Matchbox castings I have that isn't selling, but those castings aren't the most accurate.

As for a visual collection, would you consider doing up cropped icons for that wholesome coolness factor?

Could look something like this:

aLgzx3w.png

Except you know, photo of every car from the same angle.

The Supra is pending pickup at the moment. If the guy flops in the next coming weeks, I'll let you know.

Also I had a feeling you'd ask about the RS200. :sly: No one is making that. The wrench and screwdriver icons indicate they are or will be a custom. Secured a slightly-overpriced Ricko the other day and putting it aside for now. One could argue I could've just worked with the shabby Matchbox castings I have that isn't selling, but those castings aren't the most accurate.

As for a visual collection, would you consider doing up cropped icons for that wholesome coolness factor?

Could look something like this:

aLgzx3w.png

Except you know, photo of every car from the same angle.
Ah, ok. Just let me know with the Supra.
As for doing cropped images, I just might do that sometime. I got tons of images to chose from lol

Also that VF-25 tho.

Logically, i should be getting this:
audi-sport-quattro-1985-rmc.jpg

and this as well:
nissan-skyline-gt-r-r33-mine-s.jpg

But i am going to hold myself from them... Very tempted with the Mine's ...

These are currently on sale at Ottomobile ;)

Logically, i should be getting this:
audi-sport-quattro-1985-rmc.jpg

and this as well:
nissan-skyline-gt-r-r33-mine-s.jpg

But i am going to hold myself from them... Very tempted with the Mine's ...

These are currently on sale at Ottomobile ;)

Any reason you don't want to go for the Quattro with the big wing and opening parts by AUTOart?

aa88602n-650x320.jpg

http://www.diecastsociety.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11873

The R33 is going to have amazing resale value later since Otto seems to be the only other brand doing Tuner Skylines with graphics on them. With no Ignitions available to buy, all lingering demand for these will funnel towards this Otto.

Any reason you don't want to go for the Quattro with the big wing and opening parts by AUTOart?

aa88602n-650x320.jpg

http://www.diecastsociety.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11873

The R33 is going to have amazing resale value later since Otto seems to be the only other brand doing Tuner Skylines with graphics on them. With no Ignitions available to buy, all lingering demand for these will funnel towards this Otto.

WeLL simply because I didn’t know.

Man I am trying NOT to buy anymore cars at this moment...
I am very tempted to get them, but I told myself if some of you buy them, then maybe the universe is done right and I wouldn’t have to spend money...

I don’t buy cars for resale, I buy because I like them and want to add to my collection.
(Except for the last E30, which I bought in two)

For these reasons, I shouldn’t care for what you said, but now, because of you I am even more tempted to get the skyline, when I already know that I will have to spend money next month on a car...

Which reminds me, two of my wishlist items are: Renault Espace F1 and a Pagoda.

I don’t buy cars for resale.

We all say that at first. In the world where you have options to choose from though, it's not necessarily an evildoing to consider one that's more likely to get your money back (if not more) in the event you no longer want or can keep the car years down the line.

We all say that at first. In the world where you have options to choose from though, it's not necessarily an evildoing to consider one that's more likely to get your money back (if not more) in the event you no longer want or can keep the car years down the line.

Apologies, I didn't to want to sound like "reselling" collectibles is a bad thing.

It is not bad.

And yes, you are right, I may not have the perspective of reselling right now, but I might be at a tipping point ...

Evidenced by the fact that I bought two E30... One extra that I have no use whatsoever.

With the second one if I ever have to sale, I would still have one to keep forever...

So I perfectly understand anyone's perspective for wanting to make money out of it... The demand is there...

Just got some news

Porsche 911 GT3 R - Spark

Renault Espace F1 - Spark

Ruf RCT Evo - Ruf CTR "Yellow Bird" - Ruf BTR LightWeight - Spark

Yo, tell me more about the Espace!
How affordable are these?
Can I buy them now?
Thats on my wishlist, and I was looking at the Ottomobile version.

Edit: awesome photos

Thanks! Well the Espace F1 is the Spark 1/43 Version made for official Renault Store and is very rare nowadays, I've been looking for one for 8 years now...

Rearranged my cars a bit in my cabinets, got some acrylic risers and made space for an upcoming model. The collection is basically complete, so I am very happy. All the models I wanted in the right colors, some of these are quite rare now!

49972833868_9483da4c50_c.jpg

49973608212_30bf510e97_c.jpg

49973347816_6c464c9332_c.jpg

49973346796_0ae3afa4f7_c.jpg

49972830013_378cfa7581_c.jpg

49973345176_259f335806_c.jpg

49972828243_5162496d37_c.jpg

49973343371_39d59bc9c9_c.jpg

Very very nice collection!!!

I believe those are the ikea display cabinets right..
I really like those but
I need something larger like something 40in x 16in x 7ft

Very very nice collection!!!

I believe those are the ikea display cabinets right..
I really like those but
I need something larger like something 40in x 16in x 7ft
Thank you! Yes, they are Detolf display cabinets from Ikea. They're nice (and fairly cheap), but only a temporary solution for now because I can't really fit the cars in a way that I am happy with. Also, if you look real close at the last picture, I used tape to cover the openings for dust protection. Also also, the 8 pound load limit per shelf keeps me awake at night. :crazy: :lol:

Ideally, down the road I will find something better but I am not sure what options there are except something custom built.

Back