GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
^ Been stopping by a local hobby store. The gentleman has a huge network of collectors and gets sold a lot of collections. He got me exposed so high-end BBRs at the 1/43 scale. Mostly older cars and rare things he houses.

Very very nice collection!!!

I believe those are the ikea display cabinets right..
I really like those but
I need something larger like something 40in x 16in x 7ft

Be like other collectors and line up multiple display cases. Make it easier to transport them too.
Have you considered the KALLAX? Those have clean look, and I love when you can install a single spotlight under each cubicle to give each item a sense of importance.

Ideally, down the road I will find something better but I am not sure what options there are except something custom built.

Try listing out every criteria you are looking for in this perfect soon-to-be display case, and that will help you identify what to look for.
Does it have to have glass walls? Glass shelves? Long shelves? Mirror backing? Exotic material?

^ Been stopping by a local hobby store. The gentleman has a huge network of collectors and gets sold a lot of collections. He got me exposed so high-end BBRs at the 1/43 scale. Mostly older cars and rare things he houses.

Be like other collectors and line up multiple display cases. Make it easier to transport them too.
Have you considered the KALLAX? Those have clean look, and I love when you can install a single spotlight under each cubicle to give each item a sense of importance.

Try listing out every criteria you are looking for in this perfect soon-to-be display case, and that will help you identify what to look for.
Does it have to have glass walls? Glass shelves? Long shelves? Mirror backing? Exotic material?
Yes ideally, if I have lots of space, each Kallax square is great for one car like you said. The downside to the Kallax is that it is not covered, and therefore dust will be everywhere on the cars within a month.

But I as I indicated earlier, I already have a specific corner of my house with the dimensions for such all glass cabinet.

I stopped by a hobby store just earlier today, and saw all the cabinets similar to what I have in mind, and was able to get a contact number for the cabinet... Will check it out later.

pbEAYvF.jpg

9QslNbO.jpg

A few of my last grabs.

1/18 BBR Ferrari 488 Pista in Fuji White
1/43 (Don't recall manufacturer) Aston Martin DB11 in dark blue

I have 1 model on the way and like 6 in my cart. Lol

somehow the orange one looks better...
Because it is a resin made by Make Up Vision, which is roughly BBR level in terms of detail/cost. The Soul Red one is Hi-Story, which is one of the better diecast brands, comparable to a good AUTOart 1/43. Amazingly enough both have removable top panels, though of course the Make Up one is more accurate. I am debating on modifying the Hi-Story one into a replica of my car, which would be fairly easy, and is a lot cheaper than trying to find a Mazda Dealer Edition version of the same model.

That Pista is crazy money !! wow... if my wife knew how much a 1/18 could cost, she would say insane...
Is the Pista made in resin?

anyhow, i have more pedestrian taste... even at a 5% of the Pista's cost, i am hesitating, but seriously debating on getting this one:
https://club-ottomobile.com/en/july/463-mercedes-benz-560-amg-r107-9580010208685.html

mercedes-benz-560-amg-r107.jpg

I finally just received this one today:
bmw-e30-325i-sedan.jpg

bmw-e30-325i-sedan.jpg

The exact same car that i have in real life:
IMG-1718-XL.jpg

Yea that Pista is resin, IIRC. That BMW is fire too!

EDIT: I did the opposite of you. I got the scale models of what I hope to actually get one day. The grey DB9, although my interior will be black. And, it may not be a DB9 but a Virage (same damn car, though). lol

Last edited:
Finally acquired the 992 in 1:43 scale. I chose the 4S convertible because I am worried about the black roof paint of the coupe models after seeing some samples with minor paint errors (except for the Turbo S which has no sunroof nor roof color).

Plus, the Gentian Blue metallic is very, very nice. Look at the real one here:

5-Porsche-911-Carrera-4S-Cabriolet-Type-992.jpg

IMG20200624134435.jpg

IMG20200624134454.jpg

IMG20200624134513.jpg

IMG20200624134527.jpg

IMG20200624134536.jpg

And here are all the 911s, one model per generation regardless if it's pre or post facelift.

airandwater911.jpg

(photos are taken via camera phone)

Very nice! I wanted to start a simple 1/43 collection of each 911 Carrera generation. Not super difficult to find them all.

Yep, Carrera models are mostly sold for less (even the Dealer Editions) compared to Turbos and GTs. You'll be able to complete the Carrera line in no time.

For me, it just didn't matter which trim level it is, just as long as I have one per generation.

Added a couple front splitters from TK Diecast to my 1/18 Gate NA Miata and AUTOart Hawkeye Impreza STi:

I'd like to change the wheels on the Miata, and add side skirts to both cars sometime...
I've always wanted the Autoart 2004 STI, but they're super expensive nowadays, same with these hawk-eye ones. Wish I grabbed them back when they released with some of the Autoart rally versions. Lovely Miata as well.

Back