GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2021]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 328 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below - you can change your response once CAREYD

• Total voters
On Friday, I sat in the car to go home from work. I usually listen to music from my phone on the way home, but there is usually about 5 seconds of the radio playing while it takes time for the phone to connect itself. As I did that, during the chart show time, I heard Scott Mills explains that "the next song has been climbing the charts as the Christmas playlists return". I didn't leave the volume up long enough to find out if it was Mariah or Wham he was talking about, but that was a proper close call.

By the way, Wham is at #9 and Mariah at #6 on Sunday's chart "First Look", so it's up to Adele to keep this off the #1 spot for the foreseeable future.

Out at the supermarket today I stopped at an ice cream parlour for a sugar hit.

Last Christmas came on and it was a full few seconds of dismay before I realised I wasn’t playing that game anymore.

I heard a cover version of Mariah in the same place which convinced me they aren’t playing the original.

Foolish idea going to a public place, what was I thinking?

Last edited:
So uh, turns out the district manager was in the store on Black Friday, and wasn't very pleased at the non-working state of the audio system. Thus it's getting fixed next Monday instead of next January.

file_68148.gif

I'm in....

...and hoping for another 4 weeks of crap weather so I dont have to go outside where it's much too dangerous...

So far I have been safe but it is getting to be the time of the year where my wife want to listen to Christmas music so hopefully my wife is still tired of Mariah Carey Christmas songs:gtpflag:

TB
Remember that lovely wife of mine that told me to stay in the shower for an extra minute because that song was on?

She's dead to me now.

Scenario:
I'm at work and she calls.
Shes' driving home from yoga.
After I answered, she says "I tried to Maria Carey you but stupid Toyota turns the radio off when you make a call."

Equal parts :scared: and :grumpy:

TB
Scenario:

Wife is cleaning our bathroom, I'm washing clothes and cleaning the kitchen.

I go into the bedroom to put things away.

She says "Didn't you hear me calling you?"

"No."

"I was trying to Mariah Carey you. I'm going to get you."

Divorce paperwork will be started tomorrow morning.
80361144.jpg

I reckon I'm in with a chance, I did most of my Xmas shopping in small bits over the months and am getting online shops delivered so I am avoiding the crowds and their shop music.

There is a huge risk when I go to a friends for Xmas meal though, so I might get knocked out right near the end!

Damn it, I'm out!

If any of you follow Mr Donovan Batiste on IG, first of all he's hilarious when he does his flying videos lol. Second of all, don't turn the sound on his latest one. :mad:

TB
I'm surprised that she hasn't just fired it up on YouTube on her phone. :lol:
She obviously has something more devious planned then. The only solution* is to move out until the new year.

*Probably.

Last edited:
Dodged a bullet last night doing the dishes of all things, TV is on in the background around five meters away and the frightening phrase of "and now over to ..... with Mariah Carey for her Xmas special.

A quick "hey Google mute the TV" saved me as a glance over to the TV showed images of what I'm sure was the wretched song.
Yeah for technology. The smug grin on my face would have been immense, however I fear as usual at some stage I will be brought back down to earth and eliminated, If it was still Last Christmas I'd be out already.

Last edited:
I was already having a bad morning cause I have to go renew my driver's license and now I've just heard the song just now on TV.

I'm out before December. :(
In my time zone it’s now December, if that makes you feel any better.

Back