GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2022]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 387 comments
That's not really my experience. They literally had to force me to listen to her record.

Scary moments this morning!!! I was replacing a coworker's PC this weekend, and worked with him today to finalize the required applications, printer settings, attach his scanner, blah blah blah. He had the Sirius Christmas channel on. Aggghhhh! I felt doomed. I felt like I was in a pit of snakes trying to stay alive and escape! I'd fallen off a boat into an alligator-infested pond! I had woken up to tarantulas crawling all over my bed! I was DOOMED, I tell you! I haven't been around that much public Christmas music for the entire season.

And it didn't happen... Still safe!!!

Shopping is not as fun when you're constantly trying to avoid 1 song. Luckily, my country seem to also not play that too often.

Survived so far.

Last edited:
Been Whammed multiple times this week, but still not Caryed! Thought my time would be over when both my PE and Chemistry teachers started playing Christmas songs, but I was saved by the bell both times. As Churchill once said - “We will fight them in the classrooms!”

Time to confess I almost got Carey'd while going home from work 2 days ago (a local radio group's app WAS ABOUT TO CAREY ME BY SURPRISE, O_O'). Thankfully, it passed an intro before the song, so I could act quick enough (Took my earbuds out and closed the app)!. Since then, its 100% Spotify for me (with careful too)! 😬

Edit: Well, (beep)... Yeah I know, go premium...
1671634008400.png

Last edited:
It surprisingly hasn't happened yet. Though it does help that I'm no longer working at a school as I had to move...again. The past 2 months, I was essentially in limbo doing some job hunting while in a duplex. During that time since I was at home, I've been doing more grocery trips than usual and was relieved to not hear the song. Just other random christmas songs.

I didn't even hear it in the last week when driving around with my mom and listening to christmas songs on sirius. Though, that could be because we had it on Christmas rock.

and when we were finally moving things into the new house, one of the movers suggested a certain christmas station. Which really had me worried that I would hear that song, but nope. I'm still safe, but I'm knocking on my wooden dresser constantly. :lol:

I'm surprised it wasn't on rotation in my local Tesco's as they seemed to be playing every other perennial seasonal song. I did hear Last Christmas playing in the dairy goods aisle though.

😭😭😭😭😭 I'm out. So damn close. In a colleagues work vehicle travelling to site, casually talking. Did not notice it came on the radio until the last five seconds of the 'song'. Of. All. Things. What a way to go out. God damn it
We could do with a 🫡 reaction for times like this. Anything would be better than that damned tree...

post gets drowned out by the sound of multiple Mariah Careys that I fortunately can't hear

Last edited:
Once again, I avoided hearing it despite shopping today. Though, I felt like I narrowly avoid it due to the songs sounding similar, but I haven't once heard Mariah Carey's voice nor those blasted lyrics (thank god). continues to knock on wood

I've still managed to avoid the Carey, however one of my co-workers played a (honestly really great) Lofi remix of Last Christmas.

The Soul II Soul sample was a bit much for me but the funky bassline really elevated this remix of Akira's. Unlike George's original I think I can listen to it all the way through.

Last edited:
Christmas is almost here, so have some Carey-free Christmas songs:

Yes, they are anime songs, but cross my heart, they are all Carey-free!

I have to make one last frantic dash for Xmas shopping since this week has been full of disarray personally then I hope to be in the clear.

High School Film GIF

Back