GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2022]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 387 comments
Still in. They keep playing the radio at work when I'm in the store. Keep trying to hit the road before it's too late. And my phone is muted when I'm on this site

Oh yeah, I'm out. Halftime ad during the Brazil x Croatia match to add insult to injury.

Pain.

Still in the game! Didn't hear it so far, there was hard time in shopping centre but they managed to not play it xD

Listening to radio 3 in the UK and having my phone on silent have been strangely effective this year. I only have to worry about Tesco's.

Yeah, I keep getting reports of the song playing on the site. Very strange bug.
Bug, or feature? :lol:

Screenshot_20221212_223404_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly thought I'd pass this test. I haven't heard it for ages and was keeping clear of radio stations and what not. But NOOOOOO!!!! yesterday me friend called me out for some chit chat and a snack. All seemed fine and we finished up and proceeded to walk towards our respective vehicles. THAN all of a sudden from out of nowhere when I least expect it and wasn't even thinking about it. A Speaker in the ceiling outside of the shopping complex starts FREAKING playing.... All I want for Christmas by Mariah Carey.

LMAO I let my guard down for a second. Costly mistake. I'm done, I failed. My friend was like what's wrong?! I was like damn it! I was trying this challenge out on GTplanet and was not meant to hear this song play all December. He started cracking up laughing. I tried y'all, I tried haha LOL.
😅

So, whose idea is it to make it so the forum automatically plays the damn song when you reacted to a post using the christmas tree emoji ? I only found out about this when I used my laptop to browse this site just now. I usually use my phone to browse and it never plays the song.

Thankfully I'm already taken out last week by a restaurant so this does not piss me off that much.

Hey @Jordan, Satan called. He said he's a big fan :lol:

I sure hope the recent brief outage wasn't due to all those little JavaScripts playing Mariah overloading the server.
So that's why the site seems so slow to load :lol:

Last edited:
I was running late for work today so had to jump in the car in a hurry.

Mariah Carey came on almost as soon as I got on the main road. If I wasn't already out (thanks Jordon) I'd be cursing my face off.

I think I might have just been got...need some clarification on the rules!

I saw a Facebook video that said "Someone is getting fired" and some subtitled lyrics, I clicked on it and was busy trying to spot the mistake when I realised to my horror it was a clip of a live performance of the song All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey. It isn't the original release of the song, but it was being performed by the she devil herself

"Only the original song performed by Mariah Carey counts. Remixes, covers and the duet version with Justin Bieber don't count."

Well, it's a fair cop. I deserve it as punishment for watching FB videos.

I think I might have just been got...need some clarification on the rules!

I saw a Facebook video that said "Someone is getting fired" and some subtitled lyrics, I clicked on it and was busy trying to spot the mistake when I realised to my horror it was a clip of a live performance of the song All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey. It isn't the original release of the song, but it was being performed by the she devil herself

"Only the original song performed by Mariah Carey counts. Remixes, covers and the duet version with Justin Bieber don't count."

Well, it's a fair cop. I deserve it as punishment for watching FB videos.
The rules seem pretty clear to me in this case. Unless she was miming to the original recording, new performances of the song don't count as disqualification even if the queen of Christmas herself is singing.

Glad I didn't join this year. Yesterday I was whammed and carey'd at the same store within minutes of each other.

I thought I heard it in work on Monday from a guy's phone for about two seconds, but I didn't want to explain this game to him and I wasn't sure if it was the real version or something else (I don't think it was the full song anyway)

Fortunately it was played during the hockey game I watched last night, so I'm out. Two years running, same reason. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Also Jordan is possibly the most evil person I've ever seen on the internet. Diabolical. Fantastic.

Last edited:
Back