GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2022]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 387 comments
Luckily I work in office where they have no music playing in the lobby or elevators

So I took this contest with me to work and asked my coworkers if they were and surprisingly it was well received so All want for Christmas fatigue is real

kjb
Luckily I work in office where they have no music playing in the lobby or elevators

So I took this contest with me to work and asked my coworkers if they were and surprisingly it was well received so All want for Christmas fatigue is real
You know there's going to be that one person that's going to ruin it for you now.

TB
You know there's going to be that one person that's going to ruin it for you now.
One of my coworkers was like how about if follow you around the office playing the song? I was like please don't 🤣

Aaaaaand I'm out. Thank you Scott Mills on the radio. Less than half an hour after signing up I was Whammed!

He actually apologised to anyone who was caught out but he called it "Whamaggedon"

Apology not accepted :grumpy:

Edit: I forgot its changed to Mariah, so I'm still in!!!!

Last edited:
Sign me in as well.

I had a very close call in a taxi cab today. I thought it was all over before I realised it was a Santa Claus is Coming to Town cover with a very similar opening instrumental.

Still resisting. Still in.

I got a new version now.

Attachments

• AB294987-9682-4A3D-8C5D-81DEDFDB3A7C.jpeg
    AB294987-9682-4A3D-8C5D-81DEDFDB3A7C.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 7
Important question: does karaoke on top of the original count? If so, I'm out, courtesy of our ceo
Unless your CEO is Mariah Carey no. If it is the instrumental version without Mariah Carey singing you should be okay

Even if Mariah Carey were to come into your office and do a new performance on top of the original backup track it wouldn't be the original record.

Last edited:
Son of a *****

I'm out. Was eating with my dad at a restaurant and this goddamn song suddenly came without a warning.

Last edited:
Part of the game is how everyone loses it!

I was sitting in Paris Charles de Gaulle airport T2E while I was writing the featured post and out of nowhere they played All I Want for Christmas is You then Last Christmas over the terminal speakers. It was literally just elevator jingles before and after for about the four hours I was there, and just these two songs out of the blue.

Handily I wasn't signed up yet so...
One year in Vegas, at a booth selling shirts that light up to music. Guess what two songs they played back to back 6 times in a row.

Still not as funny as being in the middle of literal nowhere (Grand Canyon Caverns) and Last Christmas came on the radio. Tried to escape, they had speakers outside. Imagine the end scene of Portal 2 but instead of a companion cube it's George Michael.

Sign me up. Haven't heard it so far (Nov 01 to date).

I'm in Europe so I have a fighting chance of making it through.

Oh wait, I'm married to an American... I'm doooooomed!

Still not as funny as being in the middle of literal nowhere (Grand Canyon Caverns) and Last Christmas came on
I got done one year in the middle of nowhere in China. George just happened to be on the playlist of the only commercial speaker in a nowhere town with a population in the hundreds.

Nowhere with a speaker is safe. Forests and deserts are probably the only safe places. Places without humans.

I got carey’d today while shopping for stationery. That’s twice now on commercial properties. I’m noticing a trend.

I hate this song so much I would know if I had heard it since November 1st so I'm still safe so count me in. Wham me all you like, just dont Carey me!

I've had a good couple of years wearing headphones in shops but my run can't last forever. You can run but you cannot hide from Mariah!

Back