GTPlanet vs. Wham! Episode IV: No More Hope

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,044 comments
Just some advice: if you're going to be "that guy", we're going to be "that mod". :mischievous:

I assure you that misleading links and fiendish plots will be confined to PMs and possibly Skype conversations. I'd never compromise a threads integrity. Honest!

I'm in. I've got a 13 hour road trip starting the 20th, which lands me in Florida for the remainder of 2013. So if I make it there safe I should be good.

I'm in! Think I made it through in 2011 but I lost to the local radio station last year.

How about if you hear it on a commercial where its only a snippet and not the full song?

Or if its stuck in yor head?

TB
The list is updated up to this point, @Daniel. :)

Also, I tweaked your list/color/size code a bit as you had some anomalies in there.

Always good to have you around, TB. Thanks. :cheers:

Off to work again . . . first day of watching out for George. Will be avoiding toilets of course.

I'm in. Made it until Christmas Eve last year. I'm hoping to go one better.

I'm in. I hope I can make it three years in a row without being whammed.

I just jinxed myself, didn't I?
Even mentioning it to your friends is jinxing yourself. :P

Oh yeah, mentioning it to anyone is basically like giving up. People don't realize what a grave situation this is. George Michael must be stopped for the greater good.

(Nah just kidding, I'd use the power of George Michael to wham everyone if I could)

Does it count if a co-worker with almost no taste in music sings it at you, or is that technically a cover version?

Also, as far as misleading links, what about a reverse Wham!roll? As in, a link that appears to lead to Last Christmas, but is actually something else entirely?

Last edited:
Can I be in? :D
I really doubt I'll be Whammed, since Wham isn't that popular in Mexico. Or atleast I hope.

Does it count if a co-worker with almost no taste in music sings it at you, or is that technically a cover version?
Only the original song sung by George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley.

Now if your co-worker happened to be George Michael...

Also, as far as misleading links, what about a reverse Wham!roll? As in, a link that appears to lead to Last Christmas, but is actually something else entirely?
Not sure why you'd want to :lol:.

Not sure why you'd want to :lol:.

I'm not quite sure either, but it's a thought.

As much as I love studying anomalous patterns, this boggles my mind. What? What? Re-rick-rolling?

I managed to get through all 30 pages of last year's play-by-play, and I can tell you - that is one hilarious thread. Read through in continuity it is pure gold; great fun, and incredible humour - from gentle chuckles to the giddiest of guffaws. First-timers to this game should spend some time browsing that thread - it truly illustrates the spirit of the game and the caliber of community at GTPlanet.

As well - there is where you will find all the keywords of the game - or else you will never understand Whamosophy - whereby . . . I think, therefore I Wham.

Or maybe you'll want to commit whammicide, like adamGP. Some second-hand whamming? Ask T-12. Maybe a bit of protected whamming? TB knows all about safe whamming via coverwhamming if you still have the urge to wham though whamming is strictly forbidden.

But even the best of us fall, like ninepins in a gale, some days several in a row. Death met death in a bunch almost instantly. First time in the game, too, the most enthusiastic and the first to register. There are good reasons for rampant whammophobia during these torrid times of mistletoe, and heart transplants.
Shem's not here yet - but even in the most heathen location he could find himself in, he couldn't escape the secret formula of Shaun + Wham + Eggs. These are things you need to know if you are to survive. Or else you will end up gangwhammed at Whampton Court like axletramp. Even worse end up like nealcropper and be whambammed seventeen times in a row. There were members being whammed in cars, at bus-stops, in malls, at work, at school, at Uni, in supermarkets . . . it's a long list . . . even a drive-by whamming.
You think that's unbelievable? How about being whammed at a religious event - a moslem religious event no less. Oh yeah - it's in there. zedextreme will testify to that.

And you surely, surely, don't want to end up like RykonZero - who is the victim of Shrodinger's Wham and is now forever in suspended animation, in a state of being both whammed and unwhammed.

There are many, many other horror stories in there; many of these people are some of our most awesome members but may have still not recovered and could quite possibly still be whambies. GT-R comes to mind. And of course Daniel - whose main intent in doing this every year is to see that the maximum amount of members succumb to being eventually whammed, and turned into whambies.

Finally - and most importantly - TRUST. NO. ONE.

That's it.
And trust no one.

I said that already, didn't I?

Last edited:
Ah yes, drive-by Whamming. My failings in 2011.
I may have to politely email BBC Radio 1 and tell them to not play Wham! as that it where I was caught out last year.

Being the fourth year in a row . . . I fear the radio stations are on to us. This is how they get their publicity - when members run in here wailing and gnashing their teeth and cursing the relevant station. And of course mentioning it - like you did just now for BBC.

This means those who play whamroulette will be channel surfing around BBC while excitedly waiting to be whammed.
Then come here to brag about their daring and invincibility if they didn't. But badly infected whambies may even get locked on to BBC, whamming themselves over and over, and start acting like wham-a-lama-ding-dongs.

Resistance is imperative.

There are many, many other horror stories in there; many of these people are some of our most awesome members but may have still not recovered and could quite possibly still be whambies. GT-R comes to mind. And of course Daniel - whose main intent in doing this every year is to see that the maximum amount of members succumb to being eventually whammed, and turned into whambies.
It gives us all a chance to be miserable this silly season ;).

I'm definitely going to get Whammed this year. I should have thought through this before applying for a job in retail...

I'm in. Hopefully I can make it three wham-free years in a row.

I can't control the radio and it would look weird if I ran across the middle of the office floor to get away from the radio for 3 minutes everytime Wham came on.

The second you hear Wham's version of Last Christmas, you're out anyway. No need to run across the office. I know it's a tall order, but you might as well give it a try anyway.

I only listen to my own music (no pesky stations that play Christmas music) and I always have the volume at 0 on my Mac. But I don't know if I can last for 2 months… :nervous:

Back