GTPlanet vs. Wham! - 'Tis the Season To Be Whamful

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 465 comments
How does one retire "on top", a la Nico, in a situation where there's literally dozens of people who accomplished the exact same thing?
Ego stroking I would think. At least that's what it looks like from where I'm sitting. Which in itself is super weird.

Simple. It's you vs. the game, not some 'everyone as a collective must beat the odds in order for anyone to win' scenario as Slip puts it. The thread is titled as it is to have a central 'point' to come and talk about the game, and members are encouraged to come here to this thread to do so. it's not literally all of GTP vs. Wham!.

If it wasn't a central 'point' for it all, we could very well have numerous threads and/or posts by various members documenting and sharing their efforts, which would lead to a lot of spam for OT - and frankly - clutter. (It'd be much like people documenting their GTS 'careers' in status updates, actual pointless ego-stroking)

I originally came to state no intention of playing this year after beating the game last year, and wish others the best of luck. I then saw something in the OP I didn't like done in it's cheeky manner, and just pointed it out. I would've been fine to leave it there, but TB had to do some ego-stroking crediting, and the rest is history.

When did GTP VS Wham! get this competitive?

It's a simple game ment to pass the time during the holidays. No prizes are awarded for winning.

Heck, losing starts a whole 'nother level of fun!

Count me in @Daniel

I doubt I'll last long considering the radio is on constantly at work... I'll be more of a warning to others that the Christmas song storm has begun!

I wish I could trick people and get them whammed.
There is something deliciously evil about doing it as people are trying to avoid it.

Any chance I could jump on in?

Edit: it took less than 3 hours. I've been Whammed.
I applaud you for playing honestly but if you haven't been added to the participants list yet, can you really be out already? ;)

Sign me up @Daniel. We'll see if I can manage to be absolutely flawless, or if I'm never gonna dance again.

TB
I applaud you for playing honestly but if you haven't been added to the participants list yet, can you really be out already? ;)
Interesting question. I'd say that the spirit of the game is pure & that one feels a sense of loss once the song penetrates the ears. Therefore it's a loss, plain and simple.

Everything seems quiet at the moment. The only Christmas adverts I've seen so far is for either holidays (Disneyworld for example) or stuff with large lead times, such as furniture manufacture. Otherwise, everything seems tame.

Everything seems quiet at the moment. The only Christmas adverts I've seen so far is for either holidays (Disneyworld for example) or stuff with large lead times, such as furniture manufacture. Otherwise, everything seems tame.

The calm before the storm...

Latest Posts

Back