GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 3 Final Week: Classic Honda Challenge

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 380 comments
I tried the JAZZ again and was able to shave off some tenth but I have to say I hate that car !

I dub this car ''The Lawn Mower''. Driving this car really reminds me of all the hours I spent mowing my dads lawn in the past. But like you said Easyblast, It's also helping me to learn to keep an eye on the speedo.

Last edited:
I think the track for the Fit/Jazz challenge will inject some fun into the car... the corners flow really well and when you do the technical section perfectly, it feels awesome.

All of the tracks have been decided... I'm really looking forward to this season!

Ran the other stock cars a little bit and the Honda S800 RSC Race Car (was too shy with the old lady !). Here are the laps, small improvement but still improvement ! :
Code:
Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68				0'46.067 ([I]new[/I])
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version (Type-I) '00	0'48.784 ([I]new[/I])
Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00				0'50.467 ([I]new[/I])
Lexus IS 200 (J) '98					0'52.202 
Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01				0'52.919 
Honda S800 '66						0'55.883

Have a nice day !

Last edited:
lol @ pvr's name for the Jazz - 'The Lawnmower'

:lol:

Nice times, easyblast! I'll try to remember to post my times so far later today. I still haven't used the Subaru vehicles for this practice session yet, so my times won't be for all the cars.

Finally! I was scouring the internets for a time calculator that could accurately handle thousandths of a second, both addition and subtraction. I didn't want to have to handle all the calculations by hand this season. After trying out all kinds of wonky online applets and several that were entirely inaccurate, I've found one that works perfectly with adding/subtracting figures in the x'xx.xxx format:

timecalc.jpg

So you guys can rest assured that all results should be accurately tallied up, and all your time differences from the leader at any point throughout the season will be kept up to date on all three leaderboards.

Nice find Glubags.

This is off topic, what program are you using to rending your videos. iMovie is starting to make me upset. Everytime I render it in HD, when it finishes. It's all messed up haha.

I'm using crappy old Windows Movie Maker with an older DivX codec that I downloaded way back in the day to make GT4 drifting videos.

Nice times, easyblast! I'll try to remember to post my times so far later today. I still haven't used the Subaru vehicles for this practice session yet, so my times won't be for all the cars.

Thanks Detroitbb ! Now I have to do better with the Race Cars ! I'll try to run with all of them before the end of this weekend. I'll post every new times.

Finally! I was scouring the internets for a time calculator that could accurately handle thousandths of a second, both addition and subtraction. [...] I've found one that works perfectly with adding/subtracting figures in the x'xx.xxx format:

So you guys can rest assured that all results should be accurately tallied up, and all your time differences from the leader at any point throughout the season will be kept up to date on all three leaderboards.

Very nice finding Glubags ! Is it free -cause I see "unregistered"- ? If not, do you want any help to search one ? Who knows ? I'll give it a shot just in case !

I am really looking forward this season ! 1st March ! 1st March ! 1st March ! I am excited like a child waiting for his Christmas presents :dopey:!

It's free-to-try, no time limit or expiration, it just closes after 10 computations. It's no problem to fire it back up and keep going, and there's no way to obtain a registered version (legally) since the company's site is gone... it was hard enough just to find a mirror that worked for the download.

haha thanks for the comment Glu, but I think the Supra portion needs to be redone. I'm not trying to go for massive points, just more flashy drifts.

Hi guys ! I found this timecalculator ! It's free ! But it's written, for example, 1:02.678 and not 1'02.678...

(Link to ovh but the software is light : 650kb)

Last edited:
Thanks easy! I'm finding I like this one better with its memo function, and it's a plus that it doesn't close after every ten calculations. :)

I ran a lap for every car on each track last night and added the lap times manually last night, then added them with the calculator easyblast suggested and came out with the exact same totals, so that's great.

My rough laps for the season:

Overall: 16'42.816
Stock: 9'04.832
Race: 7'37.984

Average lap stock: 1'48.966
Average lap race: 1'31.596

So on average, the race cars are 17.370 seconds faster around a given track than their stock counterparts.

The top times should be several seconds ahead of the times posted above by the end of the season. :)

My times so far:

Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car - 0'40.395

Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 - 0'42.114

Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04 - 0'43.152

Spoon Fit Race Car '03 - 0'45.622

Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68 - 0'46.283

Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Ver. '00 - 0'49.389

Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00 - 0'51.416

Lexus IS 200 (J) '98 - 0'52.679

Honda Jazz 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01 - 0'53.021

Honda S800 '66 - 0'55.343

My current overall time for the practice session at Motorland (reverse): 7'59.414

Thanks for the time calculator, easyblast!

:)

Last edited:
All your times are faster than mine by a small margin, with the exception of the S800, which has a huge margin. :eek:

I've been trying to form a setup for it, but I can't get under 55.800. Any tips?

Any tips?

The very best tip I could give anyone about tuning setups would be this:

"Don't listen to me as I know NOTHING about cars, racing, and the mechanics/physics of it all."

I routinely try to improve the car via the tuning menu... only to reset them after while and find that the default settings were better than my 'improvements'. I try to employ Vulcan-like logic when tuning, but someone else comes along with the exact opposite settings and is much faster. I really wish I had some concrete facts that would help you (and me), but I'm frankly the last person you should ask.

I generally try to drop the car down (lower center of gravity) a bit and stiffen up the springs to account for the lower vehicle. Then I generally raise the damper numbers based on the particular track/course. Camber is something that I wait until last to change - I'll raise it in an attempt to gain a little traction. The toe settings seem to have a fairly big effect on my cars personality. If I find that I can't turn sharply enough (without slowing down more than I'd like), then I might set the rear toe to -20. I should note that I always start any car at 0/0 for front and rear toe (instead of the default 0/+20).

Even if I knew what I was doing, my setups might not work for you. The driving style of the individual person strongly dictates what the car's optimal setup will be.

Thanks for the advice. I've managed to get it down a bit to about 55.670, but I still think there's more to get out of it. I'm a bit stuck as far as camber, and toe, and I think my damper setting might be too low as well, but I do at least have a similar strategy to yours.

I've been trying to apply Scaff's GT4 Tuning guide to the game, with mixed results. I'm getting the opposite reactions as his spring rate section seems to show, so I have to mentally switch each setting in my head to get the effect I'm looking for. Have you seen/used the guide before? It could be useful if you haven't:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104034

I dub this car ''The Lawn Mower''. Driving this car really reminds me of all the hours I spent mowing my dads lawn in the past.

lol, I love this quote about the Honda Jazz. I can relate to this cause I had to use our mower that had self prepulsion. I think it would be a match for the Jazz. :lol:

I also ran some times in my lunch break (i'm at work). I haven't put much time into this over the last week as I've been busy playing gt4 with my new obutto seat and g25. Lotsa fun 👍

Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car - 0'42.150

Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 - 0'43.187

Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04 - 0'43.311

Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68 - 0'47.040

Spoon Fit Race Car '03 - 0'47.363

Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Ver. '00 - 0'50.924

Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00 - 0'53.186

Lexus IS 200 (J) '98 - 0'54.123

Honda Jazz 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01 - 0'54.329

Honda S800 '66 - 0'56.170

I only put in about 3 laps per car.....roughly. except the s800's. Those cars are a trip to play with. I could race with them all day. By the way, great selection of cars Glubags. I love the contrast of the stocks and race cars. It really makes you aware of your racing style and tactics. Great idea 💡.

Thanks easy! I'm finding I like this one better with its memo function, and it's a plus that it doesn't close after every ten calculations. :)
You're welcome ! I like yours' design, I am looking for one which can help us to do the statistics too (found some with excel and excel formulas but I think it's too much trouble for our needs...)

My current overall time for the practice session at Motorland (reverse): 7'59.414
Thanks for the time calculator, easyblast!
You're welcome ! Great laps too Detroitbb !

And me too, I lower the center of gravity and stiffen up the springs and then adjust the damper. (Thanks to Glu and Detritbb, I learnt not to stiffen too much in order to keep more suspension travel but not too soft cause it will increase Roll ; But still having trouble to correct undertseer and oversteer) Toe and Camber are something that I don't really understand cause sometime I try a +0.20 / -0.20 and then do the opposite but I am almost as fast with both settings... So don't really understand or feel the difference cause I have a lack of experience...

BTW Detroitbb, the default toe settings for your Ferrari F2007 are (+50 front/-50 rear) or (-50f/+50r) ? Cause mine are -50f/+50r but you said here and here that yours are +50f/-50r ... And we know now that there is a difference between french and english version about the toe settings in yours toe-in = +value and toe out = -value but in the french version it says the opposite ! But the default rear toe setting for almost all the car is +0.20 like you !... I am lost with this toe !

I've been trying to apply Scaff's GT4 Tuning guide to the game, with mixed results. I'm getting the opposite reactions as his spring rate section seems to show, so I have to mentally switch each setting in my head to get the effect I'm looking for. Have you seen/used the guide before? It could be useful if you haven't:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104034

Yes I have and got confused too with this TOE !!! For him, page 26, toe out is + and toe in is - ! In the GT4 forum you can find both : some say toe-in in GT is - and some say it's not ! Some says that Scaff works for Renault and had problems with the Japanese because for the Japanese, the toe in is - that's why PD chose toe-in is - ! And then someone argue the opposite...

And now we have two versions of the game in which one will say toe in is - (french) and one will say toe in is+ (US) However, both version has the same default rear toe setting (The ferrari ???) . That's why I have a lot of trouble to know how to use this toe, I don't know if I have to set a + or a - !

So now I am just trying the one I said before : +0.20/-0.20 and then set the opposite, then +0.20/+0.20 and then -0.20/-0.20, either of them help me to do better times than if I kept the default setting -reversed too-, I just keep the one I am more comfortable with ! But I am not as consistent as I should be to really feel the difference. Conclusion : Toe does affect the car, but don't really know how to set it... Just try and error...

Plus I don't have GT4, and most tuning examples you can find are done with GT4. In GT4 the springs rate can be set from 1 to 20 -I guess- when we have 1 to 10 in GTpsp, damper might the same (but can't set bound and rebound in psp) ; Ride Height is far more precise with GT4 (103 mm / 118 mm) than psp (not the same with all vehicles) -25 to +10... So, it is difficult to adjust GT4 tuning with psp...

Have to go ! have a nice evening !

easyblast - I was incorrect in recalling my toe settings for the Ferrari... they are exactly the same as on your version of the game. Sorry!

So I had time to play yesterday and here are my times so far :

Code:
Subaru IMPREZA Super Touring Car			0'40.029 ([I]new[/I])
Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00			0'41.455 ([I]new[/I])
Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04				0'42.520 ([I]new[/I])
Spoon FIT Race Car '03					0'45.526 ([I]new[/I])
Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68				0'46.067
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version (Type-I) '00	0'48.784
Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00				0'50.467
Lexus IS 200 (J) '98					0'52.202
Honda JAZZ 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01				0'52.919
Honda S800 '66						0'55.883

My current overall time for the practice session at Motorland (reverse): 7'55.852
I think I can still improve some of them but I am almost maxed out here... I'll try again during the weekend !

By the way, I took the 1966 Honda S800 out for ten to fifteen laps and was able to reduce my time to 0'55.095 - yay!
A 54.9xx is only a nose-length away!
Congrats guys ! Unlucky me, I tried and tried but it won't come !!! But I'll keep on !

BTW, Detroitbb, you gave me a hard time with the Subaru IMPREZA Super Tourning Car, I was going to post my 0'40.223 when I decided to run again with and "voilà" ! But the other laps were awfull !!!

easyblast - I was incorrect in recalling my toe settings for the Ferrari... they are exactly the same as on your version of the game. Sorry!
No problem :sly: ! I should have asked the first time I saw it... Sorry too !

Latest Posts

Back