GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Best half yet.

A bit of "simulation" going on and Zidane... SOOOOOO lucky, but lots of flowing football and some hard-ass tackling.

i like both teams, i thought the penalty was a bad call but the italian goal was a good comeback. slippery bartaize almost ate a second goal by the same guy......nice game

i speak french and a bit of spanish, honestly i am somewhat oblivious to what they are saying on spanish tv, but it sounds better, a lot better than espn. and yes diving has been the trademark of this cup, i guess rivaldo is giving private lessons somewhere in germany:dopey:

speedy_samurai
I can't believe you can't believe that.

Hahaha. Yeah. Man...stupid ABC skipped ALL of the ceremonies. That's like just as bad as taking away the olympic ceremonies. Stupidass commercials.

GOAL ITALY! OH, WAIT! NO!!!!!!!!!! Offsides. LAME! Dude, the guy in front of the other guy was offsides, not the one who actually made the header.

Barthez Sucks. :lol:

FatAssBR
Diving is part of football, it's up to the ref not to be fooled by the players. Everyone does it, maybe just English players don't, you guys gotta stop complaining about it.

Its not part of football, its just that the ones that do dive are bitches. Real Men dont cheat in games to win, thats like stabbing someone in the back. I blame the gays and metro sexuals.

If I knew my country only won the world cup because they were a bunch of diving pansies id disown them.

Yo, Luca Toni is like Mr. Handyman. Cannavaro is nuts, though. I loved that bicycle kick he just did.

Domenech should now bring Trezeguet. France needs a second striker and Trez would be the one. He shot the Golden Goal in 2000.

Too bad that bogus offsides call was called. Italy would be on the podium by now. I just hope they can re-energize themselves. They look WAY tired.

CLOSE! That was a great play and setup. Too bad they couldn't score, 'cause that looked good.

EDIT: Wow! Another great setup, but no goal. France is owning right now. They have been for the past 30 minutes. I'll think they'll score before too long.

WTF is wrong with Zidane? He deserves that red. What the hell was that all about? That's friggin hilarious, though, how he just pwned Materazzi. I bet we're gonna see that on ytmnd. I have the epic music... anybody have a gif?

Omnis
WTF is wrong with Zidane? He deserves that red. What the hell was that all about?
Stupid, stupid move. This is it for the guy. Done. No more pro ball for that guy.

I can appreciate a move like that. Things get a little dirty, and nice headbutt to settle things out. But, at a desperate time in the final WC game? Stupid, stupid move.

Back