GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
DQuaN
I thought Zizu was only retiring from international football. Is he not going to be playing for Real Madrid next season?

On 25 April 2006, Zidane officially announced his decision to retire from both club and international football after the 2006 FIFA World Cup

Apparently not.

Another gif:
gg6vo.gif

FatAssBR
Is it John Kabira (Winning Eleven announcer)? He rocks!

I was liking Zidane so much in this World Cup, can't believe he screwed up like that.

And congrats to Italy!

John Kabira is effing awesome.

I just wonder what Matteratzi said to Zidane that made him do that. Because man it must have been something pretty bad for him to just switch and headbutt someone in the chest like that.

ytmnd.com is being FLOODED with traffic and people trying to make Zidane stuff. The website won't even respond, it's so bad.

Lol @ the MK gif, though. That's pretty cool stuff.

God bless Zizou. He headbutted his way through our sternums and into our hearts.

Also here is a good picture of Barthez I found.
871553207_yub_787.jpg

Also god damnit france I wanted you to win damnit.

Great game. But Zidane ruined it for me somewhat with that headbutt. Even if Materazzi made some sort of racist remark or something, he should have kept his cool and walked away. I wanted France to win today. I wanted to see Zidane end his career hoisting that fabulous trophy aloft in Berlin. But Italy are deserving champions, it must be said.

Poverty
Damn, 911_Carrera and I thought Brett woudl have it up first :lol:

What a great game! And Italy won :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The penalty wasn't a dive though IMO. It was only a light touch but it did knock his trailing ankle behind his standing foot leading him to trip. This wasn't helped by the pace the French guy was running.

Zidane's headbutt was hilarious :lol: Had my mates in creases for ages.

All in all, shame it went to penalties but none the less an entertaining game.

:lol: Was just searching the Wiki for World Cup info, and I came across this:

Zidane is gonna take a lot of flak for that headbutt, but I still feel he is one of the best European players of all-time.

Actually, in the replays leading up to the head butt it looked like the italian player gave zidane a purple nurple. A little squeeze of his nipple, and Zidane lost it.

YES!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!! WHATZUUUUUUUPPPPP GANG!!!!!

WE ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND THERE ARE NO EXCUSES FOR FRANCE'S LOSS
:sly: :sly: :sly:

Now, next thing up...MR.OZZY IS GOING PREMIUM BABY!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown:ITALIA:sly: :sly:

I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls -
You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it
-
I thank you all -

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise -
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -
And I ain't gonna lose -

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

Zidane retired in an dishonorable way...it's a shame....

Ciao!!

FatAssBR
I know Argentina has a bit of Italian mixed in their Spanish language, but how come you know Italian better than your home country's language?

Argentina is not my home country...I was born in Italy and lived there for 10 1/2 years...then I moved to argentina for only 2 years and then went back to italy....and now i've been in NY for like 5 years now.

Ciao!

Ohhh Mio Dio...

Fantastico, I just had the biggest parade in my city ever, I was standing in the sunroof on my dad's car with my italian flag on my back.

Crazy night, and it is not over yet.

Ciao, I'm Stunned.

I was supporting Italy last night despite the fact that I would have won £75 if France had won!!

I see that ZZ has won the Golden Ball, despite the sending off... probably just about justified, given that he played brilliantly throughout the tournament (well, except in the first game perhaps)... maybe he should also be awarded the Golden Butt award?

The Italian team had a humonguous Carrot in the form of an Amnesty for the SerieA teams confirmed of fixing matches if they hoisted the cup. They played like it mattered.

Cool. Brazil and Spain (My Dad's and My favorite, respectively) won the fair play award, at least.

I could've sworn that one was gonna go to Portugal and Holland. :lol:

I can't believe Zidane won the GB, though. They probably had it planned all along, since he's retiring, but I think Cannavaro, throughout the entire tournament, played amazingly great. All Zidane's done is score PK's. They should've given the GB to Henry for setting up those PK's if they were taking that into consideration.

Back