GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
It's the opposite leg.

Skinny? The guy is one of the quickest and powerful runners in the Permiership, I wouldn't call him any skinnier than any other player.

He's definitely not skinny, maybe he just suffers from breaklegicitis which is a disease that I just made up.

Well I hope he manages to recover as well as he did last time anyway. I think they are replacing him with Lyons Govu who is fairly simmilar.

The father of Mexican Goal Keeper "Oswaldo Sanchez" just passed away yesterday, I think he said he'll be absent for the match of mexico-iran, I don't really care about mexico but I fell sorry for him :( , can you imagine? just days away from the most popular tournament in history of sports and this happens...

Ciao...

Took this one yesterday at work wearing my supporter's shirt. :)

dsc00199filtered5ht.jpg

Race Idiot
He's definitely not skinny, maybe he just suffers from breaklegicitis which is a disease that I just made up.

Well I hope he manages to recover as well as he did last time anyway. I think they are replacing him with Lyons Govu who is fairly simmilar.

Maybe he's not that skinny, but he definitley has bones that break too easily. Poor guy though, i still can't believe he broke it again. Liverpool are annoyed, they were gonna sell him and buy some new players, but now they can't!

Is anyone doing anything special for any of the games?

I'm going down a mates for a BBQ and I'll no doubt be in the company of 3 Englishmen :D

And could someone please crop this down. I've tried in paint but it gets very pixelated :confused:
hmpg220106.jpg

ExigeExcel

I'm going down a mates for a BBQ and I'll no doubt be in the company of 3 Englishmen :D
BBQ, World Cup, few beers, a hot summer's day? What more could a man ask for?

I'm in a similar situation, being Scottish, my mate and I are going to have to grin and bear whatever tomorrow throws at us (or whatever irate England supporters throw at us in the event of a Paraguay win!!) Only kidding - although I won't be supporting England madly, I would like to see them do well (except against Henrik Larsson's Sweden!! :sly: )

Can't wait for kick off tonight!

my mate is going to germany for the last sixteen, trouble is, he hopes we don't face poland as they have about 100,000 supporters crossing the boarder and they've said thier after the english and german fans :scared: :crazy:

brain scran
he hopes we don't face poland as they have about 100,000 supporters crossing the boarder
Poland invading Germany? There's a first... :dopey:

Hopefully we'll find a way to channel Pope John Paul II back to earth to pull for Poland against Benedict's Germans before the next round. :D

Touring Mars
:lol: The Germany v Poland match is at 2000 (BST)... so, in order to be there on time for the kick-off, spectators are advised to be at the stadium by 1939 (1945 at the latest)...

Enough with the bleedin puns!

Also I cropped and resized the image for Evan.
drogba5ie.gif

ExigeExcel

My girlfriend confirmed she's being released from work at tuesday afternoon to watch Brazil's game so we're going to a birthday party and I'll watch it there.

I'll be able to catch the first half of Germany vs Costa Rica today at lunchtime, I just have to find a TV around here...

Well, I'm off to start watching the World Cup... see you next month! :P

Good luck, chaps... and may the best team(s) win...

I wish I had a TV to watch the opening cerimony right now. Since I don't, I'm gonna eat my lunch. :)

Can UKers watch matches on BBC.co.uk?

I would have thought we could but can't find anywhere on the site.

*edit*
You can, and i'm watching it right now! :D

DQuaN
Can UKers watch matches on BBC.co.uk?

I would have thought we could but can't find anywhere on the site.

*edit*
You can, and i'm watching it right now! :D

Dunc get off the bloody stream, your hogging all of bbc's bandwith.

Jonathon Pearce of the BBC
And you can watch highlights of the Poland Ecuador match at 11.35 on BBC1, or you can listen to live on Radio 5 Live
Or you can just watch it live on ITV... :rolleyes:

daan
Or you can just watch it live on ITV... :rolleyes:

I can barely stand the bbc's pundits, although it's nice to see Martin O'Neil there and as long as they don't ever let Ian Wright say anything ever again it's bareable. ITV on the other hand is just completely abysmal, i'd much rather listen to mandarin commentators on Asian ESPN. :crazy:

Edit: GODDAMNIT WHEN DID COSTARICA SCORE A SECOND GOAL

Edit: FRINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGS!

Good God, that was a cracking game! And a cracking goal from Frings to boot. If Germany play like that for the rest of the month, they will surely be contenders for the World Cup. Now all they need is a reliable defence.

Back