GTP's Official Weekly PSC Suggestion box!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 207 comments

-Fred-

This is a custom title
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Somewhere.
I took the liberty to create this thread, simply to get your feedback. What to chop, what to change/improve, etc... Got something to say, good or bad? Say it here!

I've thought it might be good to have some rotation in the cars we chop. For example: Small car, Truck/Van, Big car, Sports car..? Would be easier for the mods to choose the cars too?

Give more suggestions and help to those who are new to Photoshopping, I was just ignored my first time entering and haven't entered since.

We have the photoshop help forums for asking questions. I don't think I remember you posting an entry, but we do have the "Photoshopped Cars." thread that can help. Post your chops there to get some suggestions for what to do.

Originally posted by Jpec07
We have the photoshop help forums for asking questions. I don't think I remember you posting an entry, but we do have the "Photoshopped Cars." thread that can help. Post your chops there to get some suggestions for what to do.

Thanks, it was the competition with the Saab.

Originally posted by teazR
I've thought it might be good to have some rotation in the cars we chop. For example: Small car, Truck/Van, Big car, Sports car..? Would be easier for the mods to choose the cars too?

i agree with this.
we should have it so that some weeks u have to try and be creative such as this weeks (48) with the little van.
and for other weeks just making a car look good and so on.

p.s can we post sugestion pics for upcoming weeks?

Originally posted by Craze-Chopper

p.s can we post sugestion pics for upcoming weeks?

That's pretty much the point of it, yes.

We can't really go with a "regular" schedule... Boredom would settle in, people would participate only when certain type of cars would be introduced, etc... I like the "surprise" mode we've got right now.

oldddd carsssssss
haha, I know some poeple have tried it before, with no success. however, I think that people would pay more attention and try it if we made some in YOUR weekly competition, punk rock. its the main attraction here.

Cano

👍 👍 👍 👍 Good idea Cano!!! One only has to pick up a Hot Rod mag to see the awsome possibilites that older cars have for chopping. C'mon PR, if we can have a Saab in the weekly, why not a classic car?

The only problem with using vintage car is that it's hard to find suitable pictures. You'll notice i've been using press pictures since day one, mostly for their sharpness and quality. The fact that most people immediately think musclecar when thinking about an old car doesn't help... Maybe i'll throw in an Aston, or a Porsche, or a Maserati pretty soon, if i can find a good picture. ;)

I'm asking everyone here, what would you guys like to see for the 1 year anniversary? I need something out of the ordinary, something really, really incredible.

Originally posted by PunkRock
The only problem with using vintage car is that it's hard to find suitable pictures. You'll notice i've been using press pictures since day one, mostly for their sharpness and quality. The fact that most people immediately think musclecar when thinking about an old car doesn't help... Maybe i'll throw in an Aston, or a Porsche, or a Maserati pretty soon, if i can find a good picture. ;)

I'm asking everyone here, what would you guys like to see for the 1 year anniversary? I need something out of the ordinary, something really, really incredible.

I will help you fing them man, dont worry. I have quite a few that are very suitable, and besides, I dont think muscle car, I think classic. Id love to do any of the cars mentioned, plus some more. hell, how about a Ford Tempo? or a danged bentley? or something really odd, like, say... a Yugo! there is nothng wrong in slapping an intercooler front fascia to a chevelle, or cutting the fenders off of a 48 rolls royce. and yeah, I know that not all people will do it, but there will still be income. and it will pretty much be original. yeah, maybe many people lack the ability to chop this, but by giving them stuff like this to work with, they just learn (: hey, what then would be the point of chopping, say, ANY of the cars we have had here? not all vintage cars are awesome pieces of machinery neither, some of them are utter crap.

Cano

as for the one year stuff, I might tink about something really, really weird.

i would like a car like an evo or subaru that already looks good and choopers will have to be careful what they do to it because they may ruin the car. and i would like some Japanese cars like 350Z's ( very hard car to chop unless you're good with airbrushing) and some skylines or silvias etc.

Originally posted by nukleuz
i would like a car like an evo or subaru that already looks good and choopers will have to be careful what they do to it because they may ruin the car. and i would like some Japanese cars like 350Z's ( very hard car to chop unless you're good with airbrushing) and some skylines or silvias etc.

three words: stop the Japanese cars. Ok, make that 4.
👍

Cano

Originally posted by xAkirax2004
PR, Have you done a Audi RS6?

If not I can post pics if you want me to.

We've done an RS4, i'll see what i can do about an RS6. Most of the RS6 press pics i've seen were either of a black car, or a dark blue car, which isn't the best color to chop.

Originally posted by Super-Supra
PR, I don't recall doing a Toyota Supra. 👍..

We didn't. We didn't do a GT-R either, and there's a good reason. The press pics for those cars suck ass, and until i can find a suitable one, it doesn't look like it'll happen. Shame, really.

I've got a few new cars in the works, like the C6 'Vette and the new SLK, but i think what we'll do next week will be awesome. :D

Originally posted by toyomatt84
You know, PR, we could always do something outside of cars. Like some buses, Pickups, Tractor Trailers, etc...

Just a thought.

We've done trucks before... but tractor trailers? :odd: What would you do with that? :lol:

How about a van? Like a Chevy Express or a Ram Van? Any readers of Hot Rod will recalll that in a recent isssue they had a couple of concept illustrations for vans that looked pretty cool (pro touring, gasser look, etc.) and I'd love to see what the creative minds here could cook up.

Back