GTP's Official Weekly PSC Suggestion box!

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by -Fred-, Nov 28, 2003.

1. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

I took the liberty to create this thread, simply to get your feedback. What to chop, what to change/improve, etc... Got something to say, good or bad? Say it here!

2. teazR

teazR

I've thought it might be good to have some rotation in the cars we chop. For example: Small car, Truck/Van, Big car, Sports car..? Would be easier for the mods to choose the cars too?

3. supra229

supra229

Give more suggestions and help to those who are new to Photoshopping, I was just ignored my first time entering and haven't entered since.

4. Jpec07

Jpec07

We have the photoshop help forums for asking questions. I don't think I remember you posting an entry, but we do have the "Photoshopped Cars." thread that can help. Post your chops there to get some suggestions for what to do.

5. supra229

supra229

Thanks, it was the competition with the Saab.

6. Craze-Chopper

Craze-Chopper

i agree with this.
    we should have it so that some weeks u have to try and be creative such as this weeks (48) with the little van.
    and for other weeks just making a car look good and so on.

p.s can we post sugestion pics for upcoming weeks?

7. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

That's pretty much the point of it, yes.

We can't really go with a "regular" schedule... Boredom would settle in, people would participate only when certain type of cars would be introduced, etc... I like the "surprise" mode we've got right now.

8. Craze-Chopper

Craze-Chopper

yes i think that is good also........ur doin a good job so far pr

9. Cano

Cano Premium

oldddd carsssssss
    haha, I know some poeple have tried it before, with no success. however, I think that people would pay more attention and try it if we made some in YOUR weekly competition, punk rock. its the main attraction here.

Cano

10. Super-Supra

Super-Supra (Banned)

That's a good idea Cano.

But PR once said, there was no point in chopping already awesome peices of automotive history.

Amen!

11. skip0110

skip0110

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: Good idea Cano!!! One only has to pick up a Hot Rod mag to see the awsome possibilites that older cars have for chopping. C'mon PR, if we can have a Saab in the weekly, why not a classic car?

12. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

The only problem with using vintage car is that it's hard to find suitable pictures. You'll notice i've been using press pictures since day one, mostly for their sharpness and quality. The fact that most people immediately think musclecar when thinking about an old car doesn't help... Maybe i'll throw in an Aston, or a Porsche, or a Maserati pretty soon, if i can find a good picture. ;)

I'm asking everyone here, what would you guys like to see for the 1 year anniversary? I need something out of the ordinary, something really, really incredible.

13. Super-Supra

Super-Supra (Banned)

I would like a Motorcycle, or some kind of a Frontier of Construction!

14. Craze-Chopper

Craze-Chopper

hhmmmmmm.......
    a difficult choice.
    dun car wat car its is but maybe have a theme of psc 1st annerversairy?

15. Cano

Cano Premium

I will help you fing them man, dont worry. I have quite a few that are very suitable, and besides, I dont think muscle car, I think classic. Id love to do any of the cars mentioned, plus some more. hell, how about a Ford Tempo? or a danged bentley? or something really odd, like, say... a Yugo! there is nothng wrong in slapping an intercooler front fascia to a chevelle, or cutting the fenders off of a 48 rolls royce. and yeah, I know that not all people will do it, but there will still be income. and it will pretty much be original. yeah, maybe many people lack the ability to chop this, but by giving them stuff like this to work with, they just learn (: hey, what then would be the point of chopping, say, ANY of the cars we have had here? not all vintage cars are awesome pieces of machinery neither, some of them are utter crap.

Cano

as for the one year stuff, I might tink about something really, really weird.

16. Craze-Chopper

Craze-Chopper

sounds like uve got a handel on all this vintage business. :)

17. nukleuz

nukleuz

i would like a car like an evo or subaru that already looks good and choopers will have to be careful what they do to it because they may ruin the car. and i would like some Japanese cars like 350Z's ( very hard car to chop unless you're good with airbrushing) and some skylines or silvias etc.

18. Cano

Cano Premium

three words: stop the Japanese cars. Ok, make that 4.
    :tup:

Cano

19. Tenzospy

Tenzospy

i wanna see a nice chopped audi or bmw to stay of the Japanese topic.....

20. xAkirax2004

xAkirax2004

PR, Have you done a Audi RS6?

If not I can post pics if you want me to.

21. Dark Skyline

Dark Skyline

A VW Thing. That would be intresting.

22. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

We've done an RS4, i'll see what i can do about an RS6. Most of the RS6 press pics i've seen were either of a black car, or a dark blue car, which isn't the best color to chop.

23. Motorer1

Motorer1

I say we do a Bugatti EB16/4 Veyron. The amount of **** to change on that car is unbeleivable (plus, i already got one ready HEHEHEE:)

24. Super-Supra

Super-Supra (Banned)

PR, I don't recall doing a Toyota Supra. :tup:..

25. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

We didn't. We didn't do a GT-R either, and there's a good reason. The press pics for those cars suck ass, and until i can find a suitable one, it doesn't look like it'll happen. Shame, really.

I've got a few new cars in the works, like the C6 'Vette and the new SLK, but i think what we'll do next week will be awesome. :D

26. Super-Supra

Super-Supra (Banned)

C6 Vette is a good idea, that things ugly!

27. toyomatt84

toyomatt84

You know, PR, we could always do something outside of cars. Like some buses, Pickups, Tractor Trailers, etc...

Just a thought.

28. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

We've done trucks before... but tractor trailers? :odd: What would you do with that? :lol:

29. skip0110

skip0110

How about a van? Like a Chevy Express or a Ram Van? Any readers of Hot Rod will recalll that in a recent isssue they had a couple of concept illustrations for vans that looked pretty cool (pro touring, gasser look, etc.) and I'd love to see what the creative minds here could cook up.

30. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

I'll keep that in mind. :tup: