[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
It's not my last name, but maybe it's my middle name!

And "maybe" that's no more than a mere utopia, amigo... You may have the goods within your weapon of 6xx destruction, but when we all run OP BMW cars, we can afford to tease you a bit more during races. We'll see how well your driving skills stack up to ours without the performance limitations which hamper us... :sly:

And "maybe" that's no more than a mere utopia, amigo... You may have the goods within your weapon of 6xx destruction, but when we all run OP BMW cars, we can afford to tease you a bit more during races. We'll see how well your driving skills stack up to ours without the performance limitations which hamper us... :sly:

Maybe the girls are just good drivers! We have a world class training facility with 2 copies of Gran Turismo 2 and a Little Tikes push car!

Suzuki_escudo_pikes_peak.jpg

Shhh, there there, it will all be okay, little GT3 race cars.

Chaparral would like a word with every single one of you

chaparral-2e-photo-131920-s-986x603.jpg

Maybe the girls are just good drivers! We have a world class training facility with 2 copies of Gran Turismo 2 and a Little Tikes push car!

Damm und blast, we are definitely dealing with a well-funded racing team here. We must respond by purchasing pedal versions of our cars, and copies of Crash Team Racing to train our own drivers!

What? We can learn from kart racers, even if we can't use missiles and oil slicks... Besides, our drivers can hone their "ruthless agression" (trademark Vincent Kennedy McMahon, 199x) with heated multiplayer sessions.

Chaparral would like a word with every single one of you

chaparral-2e-photo-131920-s-986x603.jpg

A good shot, but Chappy's wing is merely taller, not wider. You only win on one category, not both... :P

We're already so good at that we showcase it off the track as well! So far, we've made 4 little kids cry while at the autographing session.

Lots of stinky fat people as well..

Hardly surprising, your drivers were not deemed as "trash waifu racing drivers" due to marketing alone after all... Shattering hopes and dreams of children and basement-based nerds around the world comes as part of their personality.

Now, if only they turned to each other while resorting to such ruthless agression... A few broken Alpinas is a small price to pay for our sake.

Should we put the number that we are using on GT3 series to the Mini Cooper Cars? I'm downloading it right now.

Except for #1 and anything above #999, I'm not really bothered what number you chose for the Mini as long as people can avoid using the same.

Don't know if I've said it yet @rallymorten but as I'm involved in everything else, I'm in for the minis as well. Reserving #79, and do we have to keep the stuff already on the sides, like that stripe?

If you can remove the stripes without removing everything else, you're free to do so @BKGlover.

Seeing as all this isn't looking likely to happen before 2016, I'll put those numbers in the thread title which, for reasons of logic, will make this 10x more interesting.

Another round of updates, this time with Return of the Tag Raider! (aka my tag memes are still better than yours @Michelin :P )

- It's not The Thing, but Something is planned to happen (hopefully) the week before @Earth's WSC season finale (you can call it a warmup of sorts - if plans work out that way. Otherwise it'll just be whenever I can find the time for it.)
- There's now an official signup thing for the Minis. It can be found here.
- Races likely to be shortened to 200km - fuel usage likely to be turned off.
- I've gone through all cars again and thus present The Official List of Cars and What Might Be Wrong With Them:

@tbwhhs (no numbers)
@GTracerEHTeam (wireframe left on)

I recommend checking that you(r painter) has/have sent a 2048x2048 texture and potentially (recommended) send it again to ensure the best possible resolution for your livery. Or you can live with 800x800 upscaled to 2048x2048 - that's fine by me.

Cars with obvious errors may not be allowed to enter depending on the severity (literally the only thing I ask is you put on the numberplates - I've put up the template for them in the space where you can find all other templates - includes .pdn, .psd and .xcf versions)

Hopefully, Round 1 will be a thing in very early January.

Last edited:
They started around the same time as the templates were released.

Livery for Mini + primary livery for GT3 are to be in my hands by the 29th at, let's say midday GMT.

Will do.

So, how is everyone doing here a notthingness befoore Christmas?

I'm not going to hold it secret that, over the couurrse of the last few weeks, have seriiously considered scrappinng the current format of this entire thingg. It may have been a bad move to cchange to something that doesn't have caarviewer and apparrently there's been some sort of confussions about how to numberplates.

Also I'm getting a little annoyed at how much I've had to delay the GT3s because school. And I feel like this series should do what was basically the idea behind it at first - be different i.e. do exactly the opposite of what other series do. Seeing as how the GT segment is catching up to speed, I figure it's time to look for more hunting grounds. Something along the lines of what I have in mind was attempted but it was decided that being original was no good, so it's pretty much unexplored territory.

I know that'd pretty much render all work that's been done over the last many months useless, but it is just a proposition - this thing is just as much about what everyone would like to see.

I like the GT3s, but if you think that the best thing to do is change, I'm all for it. It's your call. :D

For me, it's a matter of stability; will this "new idea" still allow for proper car painting and videos with good speeds? Those are the key questions at this point, really.

But as Mich said, and well, it's indeed your call. If you are willing to start over with a blank sheet, then by all means. If not, then it's best to keep things as-is and move on with the GT3 series...

Honestly, I'd like to help you out with this as much as possible. I know painting without a car viewer hasn't been easy, but I feel like I can be of massive assist to everyone with that now that I know all of them. I say stay with the GT3 cars, we got so much invested in it and we haven't scratched the surface yet.

Do you still want the Minis? I'll might be able to make them on the 31st...

So, when you sending me material for a new intro? :sly:

racecar plz

content and other stuff like dank memes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Do you still want the Minis? I'll might be able to make them on the 31st...

Yes, Minis are still happening. It might be only 6 confirmed entries at the moment, but hey, I can always invite the Ravenwest guys :P

Would there be a problem if I made mine on the 31st to deliver to you? Out of town means out of PC. :lol:

Back