GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
Woah! You should totally give this out when you're finished with it.

Well, if you're thinking about the radio, I've uploaded what I have done as a .zip here. I recommend taking a backup just in case you ever want to go back.

I've also started working on some cars to go with that:

GTR2_2016_03_28_12_50_05_457.jpg
GTR2_2016_03_28_12_50_13_419.jpg
GTR2_2016_03_28_12_50_17_076.jpg
upload_2016-3-28_12-57-48.png

Numbers not put on yet for reasons.

I just need to do the windscreen banner and find where it picks up them pesky yellow spots on the sides of the splitter and at the "sidepod" thingy..

upload_2016-3-28_13-4-14.png

also @Furinkazen grab the sound mod here before that link dies too

Well, if you're thinking about the radio, I've uploaded what I have done as a .zip here. I recommend taking a backup just in case you ever want to go back.

I've also started working on some cars to go with that:

View attachment 531465 View attachment 531466 View attachment 531467 View attachment 531468

Numbers not put on yet for reasons.

I just need to do the windscreen banner and find where it picks up them pesky yellow spots on the sides of the splitter and at the "sidepod" thingy..

View attachment 531471

also @Furinkazen grab the sound mod here before that link dies too

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm obviously still bored.

GTR2_2016_03_28_16_03_10_665.jpg
GTR2_2016_03_28_16_03_21_290.jpg
GTR2_2016_03_28_16_03_27_291.jpg
GTR2_2016_03_28_16_29_13_295.jpg

(the transitions from front to side and side to rear aren't going to get any better from this person. It's close enough and it has it's own such minor flaws elsewhere in GRID)

I've also taken myself the liberty to upload this and the Lambo here. Once they're installed (just unzip it in your root GTR2 folder), you can find them in their own "series". It'll be obvious which one it is when you see it.

Yep, I clearly still am bored :lol:

With holidays ending, I'm probably not going to get more than one or two done per week, maybe an extra or two in the weekends. If that schedule sticks, and I am correct in assuming there is a total of 26 GT1 teams in GRID (except the F1 and GT-R), it'll be just about two months until all GT1 class cars are done.

<snip>
With holidays ending, I'm probably not going to get more than one or two done per week, maybe an extra or two in the weekends. If that schedule sticks, and I am correct in assuming there is a total of 26 GT1 teams in GRID (except the F1 and GT-R), it'll be just about two months until all GT1 class cars are done.
If I had screenshots of each of the liveries that aren't done yet (or worked on already by you), and names of the drivers, maybe I can lend a helping hand?

If I had screenshots of each of the liveries that aren't done yet (or worked on already by you), and names of the drivers, maybe I can lend a helping hand?

I have GRID running in the background when I do these, so the reference images aren't a problem. Likewise, driver names for all but one team can be found in the driver rankings. If you happen to have a shortlist of their most commonly used numbers, that'd be quite handy :lol:

Other than that, I could use you either on standby in case one of them frustrates me to no end or maybe working on the touring cars, perhaps? Granted, that is a mod, but that is another class I would want to see replicated, and that has quite a few teams too.

In other news, I did another two teams yesterday because they were relatively simple (screenshot will be uploaded in ~2 hours time), so my mind has decided I shall work on some Saleens today. No particular reason, but I that's apparently what I have decided.

I hate to break it to you @rallymorten, but a lot of the cars that were in GRiD 1, and 2, and Autosport have already been converted to GTR2 by various modding communities and peoples. As far as I'm aware, the C5-R hasn't been converted proper yet but is in the pipeline from one community.

I'm not surprised that's the case, but seeing as my novice level googling didn't yield any results (but mostly because of beforementioned boredom), I just decided to start doing them myself. If nothing else, it'll give a sense of accomplishment when they're completed.

As promised, here's the updated grid, featuring the two new teams:

GTR2_2016_03_28_20_39_41_566.jpg

Catherway Pacific Corvette leading Maxey Racing and Speed California.

GTR2_2016_03_28_20_45_29_602.jpg

2x Scuderia Stilo 575. Who said primarily black cars can't have style?

Folder structure is also being reworked for reasons of Aston Martin DBR9, Corvette C6R and Koenigsegg CCGT mods. It will require those mods if you wish to use those cars.

Last edited:
I've been finishing up the driving school in GTR2. Managed to get all golds except for 2 braking tests in the rain at Magny Cours. No matter what I can't beat the instructor by 0.6 secs (best I've done is 0.3). I suspect I'd need to tinker with the FFB PLR file. I have mine set to output 100% steering force and 0% tire grip as it feels best and most realistic to me, but obviously when threshold braking in the rain you need a bit of tire feedback.

Secondly, I've been trying to beat the record laptimes in practice mode (with the same car as it's set). I'm around 1 second off on most tracks with default setup (all aids off on simulation mode btw). Now I'm trying to mess around with the setup - changed to soft slicks, raised rev limiter and lowered the fuel. Unfortunately, the car feels worse to drive because of the reduced fuel load and I suspect this changes the weight distribution as well :irked: I'm going to experiment but does anyone have any pointers as to what needs to be changed with lighter fuel (softer/harder springs, more/less camber, downforce, etc)?

Does anyone know how to stop the Official championships favouring the class I'm in? I don't want 20 GT cars and five N-GT cars!

Does anyone know how to stop the Official championships favouring the class I'm in? I don't want 20 GT cars and five N-GT cars!
I think it's based on how many GT/NGT cars were at the actual event instead of what class you choose. Generally I get around 20 GT cars and 15 NGT cars in most 2003 events but around 20 GT and 5-10 NGT in 2004 events but it varies by the amount of cars that are in the race.

From my snooping around (read: messing up) with the internal files and stuff, I'm pretty sure that has at least something to do with it.

When you look at the "classes" line of a car, you'll find all vanilla cars have classes like "FULL", "GT_2004", indicating that these cars can be used in classes that use cars with these class IDs, but also some "classes" that simply read stuff like "4Monza" (IIRC, my good PC is being repaired and the other is upgrading to W10 so I can't check for its exact name right now). Now, ask yourself why there would be a 2003 Monza and a 2004 Monza with little to no difference bar some trackside sponsors? My best guess? If you look at the 2004 Monza internal files, you'll see it's "code" happens to be 4Monza (again, IIRC). As far as I remember, if you look at a championship file, there is a line at the top that dictates whether or not to only use the correct cars for each track, and as the cars that raced at Monza in 2004 are different ones than those racing in 2003, this was probably the easiest solution. That line is set to off/no for all custom championships, but on/yes for the 2003/2004 FIA GT official ones.

TL;DR: Yes, because simulation.

Also for the driving school, I think I just trial-and-errored for about three hours.

Also for the driving school, I think I just trial-and-errored for about three hours.

Just for two braking tests driving the same hairpin a hundred times? I think I'd rather keep my sanity thanks :lol:

EDIT: Finally did it! :D I went back and re-did the dry braking tests to get some inspiration. Basically you need to push the braking point as late as you can and get the car semi-sideways before the apex (just like GT Academy's top times). In the rain you brake just before the 100m board (there's a white patch on the grass on the left), and start chucking the car sideways just before the 50m board. That'll get your car to rotate just around the apex and you can power out to the exit. Shamefully, I need to turn on ABS to high and TCS to low to get the golds, but I justify it by poor tyre lockup FFB in this game.

Anyway, now that driving school is mastered, I'm going to set my sights on breaking the track lap records 👍

Last edited:
This is my new favourite mod on GTR2.

2019_sr_grid_mod_01.jpg

2019_sr_grid_mod_02.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_03.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_04.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_05.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_06.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_07.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_08.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_09.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_10.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_11.jpg

Features most of the cars from all the major LeMans endurance series for 2008-2014 and a few cars from 2015. Includes ALMS, LM24, ELMS, AsiaLMS, ELMS & TUSCC.

Link: http://www.esport-racing.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2019

DO NOT install the extras folder of the mod as it changes the menus (and the menu language to German) and the ingame HUD (If you use a custom HUD).
I'm liking this although who ever did the gears on the GTE cars needs shot.
Surprised @catamount39 hasnt found it yet

Meh, it's only when you run with a ton of cars, like a full grid Le Mans race. Oh, and some LMP1 cockpits do put a bit of strain on the PCs resources.

While my good PC is off being repaired (a graphic card gave up and I have a slight feeling GTR2 may have murdered it. Good thing I have about 1 month worth of warranty left), I have sort of got the base game running on the infamous lagtop. Because the install I put on an external harddrive (which includes all my mods) apparently doesn't recognise the d3dx9_40.dll I installed (but a clean install does), I'm currently transferring any and all game data but the .exes (besides, game updates and nocd patch is easy to come by, so no big deal there). Total size: pretty much spot-on 40 GB or about 38.4 GB worth of mods. I see nothing wrong with that.

Hi all :D

Does anyone know how to get skins to stick to the greyed out Porsche's and Ferrari's in the Steam version of GTR2?

I downloaded some fictional skins and dropped them into the appropriate folders but the cars remained greyed :(

Thanks in advance 👍

Hi all :D

Does anyone know how to get skins to stick to the greyed out Porsche's and Ferrari's in the Steam version of GTR2?

I downloaded some fictional skins and dropped them into the appropriate folders but the cars remained greyed :(

Thanks in advance 👍
The classic GTR2 problem! Steam version was released when the Ferrari license expired and NFS monopolized Porsche. Look up the No CD patch and download the European Patch. The game will no longer run through steam, so you can either shortcut it back into steam or leave it be, no biggie. But hey, you'll get Porsches and Ferraris! It's a very easy install, numerous tutorials out there. 👍

Back